Sponsored

Has anyone given thought to this monumental change that’s about to occur? In less than 2 years…

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Concrete is only marginally higher in cost, and would SAVE money over time vs. Asphalt. Asphalt costs about $3 a sq ft, Concrete about $5 a sq. Concrete lasts 10 times longer. Simple math tells you it costs less as a solution.
Depends on area, Road salt, kills it fast, and repairs are not easy, Frost heaves also make a mess of it.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
are those Chicago prices? here asphalt is about $60 or more a square yard depending on thickness and concrete doesn’t last for shit without sinking. There is very l little concrete unless it’s for ADA routes.

we actually melt tires into our asphalt here to reduce road noise.

Concrete vs asphalt depends on location.
I think concrete works in warm climates. Asphalt is more forgiving in winter and hot areas

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Concrete is only marginally higher in cost, and would SAVE money over time vs. Asphalt. Asphalt costs about $3 a sq ft, Concrete about $5 a sq. Concrete lasts 10 times longer. Simple math tells you it costs less as a solution.
Concrete isn't a viable option because it uses river sand, something we're actually running out of! Literally using it all. And it's not like nature has a quick timeline for replacing sand. Try replacing every road with concrete and see how long it stays cheap.

I read a statistic once that may or may not be true, but it asserted that humans have laid so much concrete since it's invention, that it outweighs all of the mass of every living organism on earth.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so lot's of topics to cover here:

1. Climate change to think that CO2 emissions has anything to do with Climate change is total non-sense. I guess it's CO2 to blame for the Ice Age as well and for the following heating up of the planet as well. For me is the giant yellow ball in the sky to blame for all that. Let's face it we don't understand our Sun as good to know what it was doing for the past million of years and Sun cycles are a thing.

2. EVs are great concept but I can't see then going general availability anytime soon. To expensive to produce to hard to fuel and not enough infrastructure.

3. Fossil fuels will eventually dry out so we can't use them for everything after all there is only so many dead dinosaurs that we can get our hands on.

4. CO2 emissions and burning as I see it the biggest problem is that we are destroying our forests and at the same time produce a lot of CO2 which mean that eventually the whole world will end up like China with air pollution to a point of no breading. Obvious solution is banning use of paper, and tree cutting as well as initiatives to plaint more trees.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you his "rep" now because he can't cut it on his own, lol.

The US doesn't dictate fuel prices for the whole world. Better put a few more layers of foil on. 🙄 😆

BTW, EVs are starting to get dinged too for road taxes, etc. States know they are losing money so they are going to clamp down on EVs more as time goes on. EVs need to pay their fair share too for using the roads, no more free rides for them.
Pulling supply out of the world market affects world cude prices. so YEs, YES Us actions dictate world prices just like opec.
Ev's are not getting dinged at all.
Owners already got a 7500 tax credit. but don't let facts get in the way of your b.s.

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok so lot's of topics to cover here:

1. Climate change to think that CO2 emissions has anything to do with Climate change is total non-sense. I guess it's CO2 to blame for the Ice Age as well and for the following heating up of the planet as well. For me is the giant yellow ball in the sky to blame for all that. Let's face it we don't understand our Sun as good to know what it was doing for the past million of years and Sun cycles are a thing.

2. EVs are great concept but I can't see then going general availability anytime soon. To expensive to produce to hard to fuel and not enough infrastructure.

3. Fossil fuels will eventually dry out so we can't use them for everything after all there is only so many dead dinosaurs that we can get our hands on.

4. CO2 emissions and burning as I see it the biggest problem is that we are destroying our forests and at the same time produce a lot of CO2 which mean that eventually the whole world will end up like China with air pollution to a point of no breading. Obvious solution is banning use of paper, and tree cutting as well as initiatives to plaint more trees.
ore co2
Forest are an issue but the ocean life (plankton) converts more co2 than the trees on this rock. the ocean produces more co2 than evil man by a wide margin. All the climate alarmist leave that fact out.
Fact is mother nature controls the climate always has always will, At one point 90% of the earth surface had a mile deep covering of ice, earth warmed up to melt it without any help from humans. But there is money to be made claiming the last of the ice age ice at the poles is melting because of evil man. not that if humans were not even here, it still happen at the same rate. jet streams be damned.
Outside another big rock hitting earth. earth itself will regulate it's temp and climate.
2021's firing off of volcano's will affect earths climate more than anything we ants do.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Concrete isn't a viable option because it uses river sand, something we're actually running out of! Literally using it all. And it's not like nature has a quick timeline for replacing sand. Try replacing every road with concrete and see how long it stays cheap.

I read a statistic once that may or may not be true, but it asserted that humans have laid so much concrete since it's invention, that it outweighs all of the mass of every living organism on earth.
I guess we'll just have to go back to dirt roads then......

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
You don't get it and never will, your location explains this.
Not very original, the old California bashing…..
Is that really the best you can do?
Pretty sad……
Remind me from where you are ?
You seems to have a hard time understanding and accepting that someone can have a different opinion than your. Therefore anyone that doesn’t agree with you is simply not getting it
That do show that you seriously lack in the critical thinking department

Last edited:

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Depends on area, Road salt, kills it fast, and repairs are not easy, Frost heaves also make a mess of it.
I am in the Chicago area, we dump salt all winter and get 4 decades out of our heavily trafficked highways.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ev's are not getting dinged at all.
Owners already got a 7500 tax credit. but don't let facts get in the way of your b.s.
easy now....

Some jurisdictions ARE levying a surcharge for EV registration. Also it's why some places are looking at mileage-based road tax that both ICE and EV get to pay annually. But of course I"m sure the State won't take that off the gasoline taxes....

Sponsored

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
The real question is who is benefiting from all this. Bill Gates is building a privately owned nuclear reactor in Wyoming

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Maybe in 30 years everyone will have an off-road EV and all there will be is dirt trails all over the country. 😂
Like when I started to drive, we had dirt roads everywhere. Lots of dust except when they sprayed OIL on them.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
easy now....

Some jurisdictions ARE levying a surcharge for EV registration. Also it's why some places are looking at mileage-based road tax that both ICE and EV get to pay annually. But of course I"m sure the State won't take that off the gasoline taxes....
Sure, the road tax comes off gas and is replaced with a carbon tax equivalent. Tbh im all for mileage based fees. They also need to throw gvw into the mix since heavier vehicles do way way more road damage.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60