Sponsored

Has anyone given thought to this monumental change that’s about to occur? In less than 2 years…

Fingers

Can't re Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Various Ford vehicles
l will more than likely keep one of the last 5.0 Mustangs when they announce that they are going to stop production/or stop bringing them to Australia.
That will see me out
Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Plug in EV's will never be feasible in a mass scale. How many people live in cities and only have street parking with no designated spot.

Are we going to have 000 extension cords snaked all over the place.

Get into reality, ICE will be king till someone perfects a fuel cell.
Massive infrastructure development w/ ultra-rapid, curbside charging will change all of that. Never say never.

As with most advancements, the creators did not focus on why things "can't" happen, and focused on why they "can", hence: progress. If I had listened to naysayers, I wouldn't be where I am today.

Last edited:

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Vehicle Showcase
Guys,
Maybe ICE-V8's will be around for a while, but the market shows that most folks are not sports lovers like we might be on this forum. Look at the numbers.... I think the SUVs/CUVs and pickup truck are taking over :cool:

Sports_cars_numbers.jpg

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Massive infrastructure development w/ ultra-rapid, curbside charging will change all of that. Never say never.

As with most advancements, the creators did not focus on why things "can't" happen, and focused on why they "can", hence: progress. If I had listened to naysayers, I wouldn't be where I am today.
Hello; Hello; I get that someday many and maybe most of the issues of running an EV may be solved. Had the change to EV's been allowed to happen naturally these things would have gradually been worked out if they can be worked out.
Some of it is easy enough to picture. More charging stations and more electric grid capacity to provide the energy are easy to picture. How to pay for it is still a question.
Other parts will require new stuff not yet invented or at least not yet made practical. How to push 300 miles of range into a battery in ten minutes or so is one. I think of it this way. My first computer was weak and slow compared to what my second computer was. Same for my third and so on. I was ok with a small and weak hard drive and slow internet connection speed. Each new computer was an improvement. If I had to start using a computer like my first one, I would be very upset.
I now happen to have a house and could have a charger added. That would take care of a large number of my driving trips. I might run into a problem if I had to make two or three range busting trips in a day or two.
Many folks rent and have to park on the street. Some families have live at home kids and other family with several cars in the driveways. A tangle of power chords is not out of the question.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I think the last straw just dropped. 2023 CAFE standards raised to 40 and more stringent emissions standards.

Sponsored

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
I think the last straw just dropped. 2023 CAFE standards raised to 40 and more stringent emissions standards.
From what I've read, it looks like it's starting in 2023 and ramping up to the 40mpg by 2026. Still not good, wonder if the s650 will keep the V-8 for the whole time or if it'll be phased out after a year or two.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
40 mpg will dictate the production of lighter and smaller cars. Hopefully , the 40 mpg target will be rolled back .

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
40 mpg will dictate the production of lighter and smaller cars. Hopefully , the 40 mpg target will be rolled back .
Hello; I owned two cars which could get over 40 mpg decades ago. One was a 1972 Porsche 914 with a 1.7 liter air cooled engine. The other was a 1985 Honda Civic HF with a 1.5 liter engine. Both were small and light weight. Both had early forms of fuel injection.
Over the years legislation has added a lot of weight and complexity to vehicles. Some of the mandated features added make sense while others are questionable.

The biggest thing the MPG laws did was to push many into pickups and SUV's. The MPG rules sensibly omitted the rules away from pickups and later from SUV's. This made sense in that trucks did work and needed power to do the work. People would have kept to sedans except to get a corporate average fuel MPG target the cars got smaller with puny engines.
So a movement to pickups started. People wanted nice features in their trucks so the pickup became more and more feature loaded. Same for the truck based SUV's. I recall the early Suburbans, Broncos and Jimmys. They were nothing like what we have now.

My point being the government forced MPG rules onto sedans but left out trucks. People wound up buying trucks which got fewer MPG's and foiled the plan to a large degree. I do not know the numbers, but it likely takes a lot of 50+ mpg small cars to average out for one 450 HP Mustang GT.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC

This is a likely scenario, similar to the change from rail to automobile that was driven by the creation of the interstate highway system.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
because every dumbass and their mom hands kids everything and babys kids. except for the country boys and playin hard americans none of these kids know what WORK is you ask them and they will say stupid shit like doing dishes. none of these kids actually have a goddamn work ethic or know what one is cause every kid now sits inside and plays computers and their whiter then a albino polar bear looking like they never been outside. these kids aint never worked a day in their life and when i say work i dont mean no sissy shit i mean manaul damn labor and i wont suprised if half these kids cant sling a damn sledge hammer or start a truck or tractor. i do landscaping and i also do concrete and goddamnit id love seein some of them lazy sissy snapchattin ass daddys sweet money pricks out here pourin concrete or throwin 100+ pound hunks of rock and concrete in a trailer all day 10 n 12 hours a day in 90 degree sun without bitchin one time cause me and everyother hard workin america loving red white and blue bleeding american dream living beer drinking truth logic and common sense american will agree with me and thats what this country needs cause as far as i see it america is turning into a bunch of whimps and i refuse to be one and i wont have a ounce of that shit in my blood im only 17 but goddamn i cant stand my stupid ass generation its all kids either bitchin about money and beggin for shit or somethin bout dumbass cancel culture and being offended.
I appreciate your work ethic. My son started his landscaping business at 15 in high school and has grown into a well respected and in demand landscape and hardscape contractor. He's been in business 16 years now. My wife used to pull his trailer to job sites with our SUV before he could legally drive. 😀 We're very proud of him. Not everyone is cut out for college. Wish you the best of luck in your business.

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
Keep them and drive them for the next 30 years. I'm eyeing up a Cobra replica which I may purchase to round out the ICE fleet. The pedestrian transportation vehicles I won't mind turning over to electric or hybrid though...at least I don't think so.

My children have laid claim to the Mustangs already anyway, so unless they change their minds, by the time I make it to my 80's if I'm fortunate enough to, it may be time to transition out of them anyway...not because I won't still enjoy driving them, but because I may not be able to get in and out of them with the ease I currently do!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Fear of the unknown is a powerful force.
I wonder if motorcycles are going to have a higher mpg requirement as well, or they cant be sold?
maybe turbos on them stock.