Sponsored

Has anyone ever found the ANC microphone on their GT350

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The forums are confusing. Says GT350's have ANC and multiple threads about the frustration of it. Tons of threads about how to disable it through Forscan, however, there's a video of a guy disconnecting the microphone in the headliner where it meets the rear glass. I checked mine and can't seem to find anything there. If there's ANC it HAS to have a microphone somewhere, and it's much simpler and more permanent to simply disconnect it or cut it out and throw it in the ocean.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I couldn't find anything on either location or above the headliner, but I did find these. Anyone know exactly what these are?

20220817_191506.jpg

20220817_191456.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The other seems to be a cabin light of some sorts, though I don't know how it's supposed to work buried under the rear deck carpet.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
My understanding, having done a complete overhaul of the elex in my 2016, is that the audio system has "augmentation" of the engine sound, but not full "ANC" which is intended to quiet it down as well. ANC needs a mic, but augmentation doesn't. That said, there is a mic in the overhead at the front so you can shout commands at Sync3 and answer your cell phone.

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Maybe the track pack (base 6 speaker system) doesn't have ANC. I've looked, can't find anything.

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
My understanding, having done a complete overhaul of the elex in my 2016, is that the audio system has "augmentation" of the engine sound, but not full "ANC" which is intended to quiet it down as well. ANC needs a mic, but augmentation doesn't. That said, there is a mic in the overhead at the front so you can shout commands at Sync3 and answer your cell phone.
Thanks, I'm just trying to finish up an audio overhaul and I don't want to tear out panels and carpet and what not again. I plan on having Hextall make some Forscan tweaks and then save as a baseline and then the DSR-1 will run it's tweaks. Hopefully between the two of them, they 86 the augmentation.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Thanks, I'm just trying to finish up an audio overhaul and I don't want to tear out panels and carpet and what not again. I plan on having Hextall make some Forscan tweaks and then save as a baseline and then the DSR-1 will run it's tweaks. Hopefully between the two of them, they 86 the augmentation.
The factory service manual says it's only on the 2016 2.3 Ecoboost, so for 2016, GT350 was without it. Later on, who knows. Here's what the manual says about it:

"ANC - 2.3L

ANC is an audio system feature that eliminates a certain range of low frequency engine noise within the passenger compartment typically induced under wide open throttle or heavy part-throttle conditions. The system uses two (coupe) or three (convertible) microphones, a DACMC (contained within the ACM ), and the audio system speakers. The DACMC determines the noise frequency to be canceled based upon engine rotation speed data, engine torque data, and accelerator pedal position data from the PCM , as well as microphone input signals."

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I used FORScan once to disable the code for it on my R and noticed no difference whatsoever. I don’t know whether it’s even present or in use. It’s not something I would devote time to.

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I used FORScan once to disable the code for it on my R and noticed no difference whatsoever. I don’t know whether it’s even present or in use. It’s not something I would devote time to.
While searching before this thread I see a bunch of threads with frustrated GT350 owners and aftermarket subs getting engine noise signal pumped in.

The install guide warns me to disconnect the ANC, which I'm sure is general mustang info. I'm just trying to ensure I don't get everything done and have problems with low level engine noise.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Well, I had to chuckle when I read your post - not at you, but at Ford for a little trick they pulled. I have a 2016 GT350 Track Pack, but over the six years of ownership I've done a bunch of subtle mods. One of them was installing GT350R ABS/AdvanceTrak. When I took the car out for a very careful test drive after the install, I found myself wondering why it was suddenly so quiet inside. Then it dawned on me - the R doesn't have augmentation, and the R ABS unit sent a message to the audio system to cut it and, sure enough, it was gone.

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Well, I had to chuckle when I read your post - not at you, but at Ford for a little trick they pulled. I have a 2016 GT350 Track Pack, but over the six years of ownership I've done a bunch of subtle mods. One of them was installing GT350R ABS/AdvanceTrak. When I took the car out for a very careful test drive after the install, I found myself wondering why it was suddenly so quiet inside. Then it dawned on me - the R doesn't have augmentation, and the R ABS unit sent a message to the audio system to cut it and, sure enough, it was gone.
I'll have to research the Forscan hallways to figure out if there's a way to kill augmentation. Like I said, I'm hoping the DSR1 does it in it's base flash.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
The other seems to be a cabin light of some sorts, though I don't know how it's supposed to work buried under the rear deck carpet.
Because it shines down into the trunk?
Sponsored