Sponsored

Has Anyone bought/installed the HGP Louvered rear quarter windows?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
On another thread I was asked why I had euro tail-lights. As I said there I bought them online for $500 and installed them myself. Now I've checked Ford Parts online and the two OE tail-lights will cost you a little over 1k with tax added in. Now you're saying for the 1/4 windows Ford wants over $1500? Sure the windows have safety glass but they don't have electrical or switch systems. Why are they priced half again as much as the tail-lights?
No, its $1,500 EACH SIDE. Its part because the Folded glass while meeting accident standards a chape process, and made even more expensive when done in such a low number.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
It doesnt matter stock or aftermarket, the cost is hilarious. I love goodies, but this is hilarious.

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
No, its $1,500 EACH SIDE. Its part because the Folded glass while meeting accident standards a chape process, and made even more expensive when done in such a low number.
Jesus H Ch**st. You got to be kidding.

Sponsored

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
Just did a price check, looks like they are down to "just" $935 each side now.
Well if that is what the OE is going to cost you than I guess 1k for both really isn't that bad.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Stock was $2,100 EACH at one plong and they are now hovering around $1.200 EACH and only available through Ford to legit 50th Anniversary (the 1,964 LE group) by proven ownership. The true 50th rear 1/4 glass cannot be bought anywhere retail - EXCEPT from a wrecked 50th.
Thank you for proving my point further.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
It sounds to me like you are trying to convince yourself or defend a decision you've already made.

If you have an extra grand laying around for a mod very few people will notice or care about, go for it. Lots of people have spent a lot more for stuff that looks a lot worse.
Personally, I don't like the look of any kind of louver on those windows but it's not my car or money So my opinion shouldn't matter...

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sounds to me like you are trying to convince yourself or defend a decision you've already made.

If you have an extra grand laying around for a mod very few people will notice or care about, go for it. Lots of people have spent a lot more for stuff that looks a lot worse.
Personally, I don't like the look of any kind of louver on those windows but it's not my car or money So my opinion shouldn't matter...
No. I haven’t convinced myself. Take a look at my mod list. I clearly buy whatever mod I want for my car lol. I don’t think I want them solely because I would be scared of leaks or lesser quality seals/glass. Just sharing the links. Also can be bought direct from the company. I personally hate louvers but fake taped on ones. Not integrated ones which these essentially are. To me is cool.

Sponsored

HGP_AutoGlass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
HGP_AutoGlass
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby Mustang GT500
No. I haven’t convinced myself. Take a look at my mod list. I clearly buy whatever mod I want for my car lol. I don’t think I want them solely because I would be scared of leaks or lesser quality seals/glass. Just sharing the links. Also can be bought direct from the company. I personally hate louvers but fake taped on ones. Not integrated ones which these essentially are. To me is cool.
We just saw this thread and was not sure if you have seen our new re-design of our windows where we removed the large Gorilla Glass Logo from the window. We currently have a limited time discount code for Mustang 6G Members, that is going to expire April 1st in case you were still interested in purchasing a set!

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We just saw this thread and was not sure if you have seen our new re-design of our windows where we removed the large Gorilla Glass Logo from the window. We currently have a limited time discount code for Mustang 6G Members, that is going to expire April 1st in case you were still interested in purchasing a set!
I have already purchased and installed.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have already purchased and installed.
O-really? C'mon, no pics to share? 😁

Post up, let's see - and can you offer any pros/cons to the install process - or did you have a glass contractor do the work?

Stang5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang bullitt 6759
I for one love these windows and would put them in my Bullitt if they had Crome trim , I like being different than all the rest . And there is the extra cost to Canadians that I find hard to justify.