Sponsored

Has anyone been able to successfully delete Magneride with SDE’s delete kit?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I know there are a couple of members here, who have attempted to delete magneride on their cars using the SDE deletes and experiencing problems with them not working properly. I just purchases the same kit before I ran across the thread mentioning the problems that end users were having with them not working. In reviewing that thread, it appears that the affected users of the product haven’t been on here since late Jan. of this year, so there’s no telling when they may revisit the thread. Having said thst, is there anyone else that has experience with successfully deleting magneride using the SDE deletes? FYI, I am only interested in deleting the rear to install drag shocks, so I only purchased half of a kit. I am also still on the factory springs. Any feedback that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

304C4FB9-F463-4BC6-801F-5A216DC9AC17.jpeg
Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Delete Magneride ?

I thought it was the best thing ever and my car is inferior because I don’t have it ?

and I forget but how much $ was it to have the Magneride option ?

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Delete Magneride ?

I thought it was the best thing ever and my car is inferior because I don’t have it ?

and I forget but how much $ was it to have the Magneride option ?
I believe it was like a $1600 upgrade. I don’t want to completely eliminate it for good, but would like the flexibility of removing and bypassing the rear shocks to replace them for a different style of driving for the time being. I’d like my car to get out of the hole and sixty foot as good as it possibly can ans think drag specific shocks might help with that.

OP
OP
NGOT8R

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Update: I just received this info. from SDE, so I’ll share here with others using their product. I’d still be interested in hearing from other end users on this if possible. Thanks.

SDE reply:

You should be okay without performing the ride height trim procedure. You can leave the OEM height sensors installed for now since the ride height is stock. We include the SDE height simulators for vehicles with coilovers and airbag suspension but you can always use them since they are lighter.

On vehicles with MagneRide suspension, the height sensors are the command input to the suspension controller so it controls how much current is sent to the 2-pin shock sims, which is why we recommend performing the trim procedure.
Sponsored