Has anyone beat a 2018 auto in a 2018 manual or 19s

Chrislong18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt 5.0
Trying to find out if anyone beat the autos heads up with a manual because I am a 18 manual with fbo and I ate my cousins tune auto up
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
A solid 6spd driver will be about 12.2, the Auto will be 11.9. On the street, if the 6spd can get a better grip it can win. That said FBO vs tune only It would be more down to road/tire conditions and driver ability.

Unless he had traction issues you shouldn't have "ate" him.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
if both drivers are equal and weigh same and both cars are stock 18/19 a manual is not beating a auto period. Don't get me wrong I am a 30 year manual vet. I love love love a manual but these new autos... yeah you ain't beating them if the cars are equal otherwise.

Sponsored

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
if both drivers are equal and weigh same and both cars are stock 18/19 a manual is not beating a auto period. Don't get me wrong I am a 30 year manual vet. I love love love a manual but these new autos... yeah you ain't beating them if the cars are equal otherwise.
And I will add they both spin or not plays a HUGE factor especially from a dead stop. Put the A10 in drag mode and put it to the floor and it'll keep peak power in the right power band the entire run. Shifts much quicker and at the right time exactly. I know when I run mine in drag mode it's perfect at keeping the rpms where they need to be and man o man is she fast.

OP
OP

Chrislong18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt 5.0
And I will add they both spin or not plays a HUGE factor especially from a dead stop. Put the A10 in drag mode and put it to the floor and it'll keep peak power in the right power band the entire run. Shifts much quicker and at the right time exactly. I know when I run mine in drag mode it's perfect at keeping the rpms where they need to be and man o man is she fast.
I am running full Corsa with catless headers and ported cobra jet and stage 2 cams and running full e85

Sponsored
OP
OP

Chrislong18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt 5.0
A solid 6spd driver will be about 12.2, the Auto will be 11.9. On the street, if the 6spd can get a better grip it can win. That said FBO vs tune only It would be more down to road/tire conditions and driver ability.

Unless he had traction issues you shouldn't have "ate" him.
I have ported cobra jet full exhaust full e85 tune

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Um...

need some more details than what has been provided by the OP...

Was your cuz asleep? I find it hard to believe that you “ate” your cousin with an MT82 against a 10R80.

Last edited:

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I also ran a 11.3 in the Quartermile
I would have to say it's not your manual that's faster it your mods that are faster. In the 18/19 I think you will find even die hard manual drivers will marvel at the speed of the New Auto trans. Can you beat one sure, but its not your manual trans doing it, its your mods and fuel choice. stock for stock you won't beat it.

OP
OP

Chrislong18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt 5.0
I would have to say it's not your manual that's faster it your mods that are faster. In the 18/19 I think you will find even die hard manual drivers will marvel at the speed of the New Auto trans. Can you beat one sure, but its not your manual trans doing it, its your mods and fuel choice. stock for stock you won't beat it.
That’s what I meant but everyone is getting on my ass I just wanted to know if anyone beat one heads up tho like stick vs stick
Sponsored