Sponsored

Has anyone added HFC or the Magnaflow 54959 (400CPSI) high flow cats to their MAK race pipes?

kai20035

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter Who
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Original setup before adding the MAK race pipes was the Borla S-Type with SR X pipe. Tone is awesome but too loud for my taste and would like to know if anyone has any experience with adding some HFC's to their setup and really need to know the noise reduction aspects after doing this? I read in another forum where one guy said the stock S550 cats have a rating of 700CPSI so figured by adding the Magnaflow 3 inch 400CPSI HFC would reduce the noise by "hopefully" 50%", give or take? I don't want to go to 200CPSI as I'm pretty sure that the noise level would be pretty close to just running them without cats anyways so "if" I had to gamble the 400CPSI would be a safer option to take where the noise level won't be super loud but louder than my current Borla S-Type with X pipe setup. FYI: I did not go with the G-Sport by GESI HFC HO because the price for 2 of them is almost $1000CAD after taxes and import fees for the Magnaflow's is a much affordable choice at $320 and around $200 for welding fees. I've already spent $1134CAD on the MAK race pipes which this price also includes the cost for 2 trips to the welder because I couldn't stand how loud they were and had to pay him to weld the flange to my stock driver side pipe so they can be reused again.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/303933421736

If anyone has info or has added HFC to their race pipes please let me know what CPSI you had on your HFC and roughly the percentage of noise reduction you got compared to when you went full race pipe setup? Thanks

Morimoto 4.jpg
!
Morimoto 2.jpg
Sponsored

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
MAK now sells their mid pipes with the GESI high performance cats. I have a MAK cat delete and am likely going to install these GESI cats as they are said to be reliable for forced induction applications. Like you, my car is simply too loud without the cats, plus the car stinks.

OP
OP
kai20035

kai20035

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter Who
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Yes Adrian just put them out not too long ago because they were cracking down on companies selling race pipes but as a Canadian those MAK with GESI high flow cats are $1000CAD! Stupid thing is if I buy 2 X 50030 HO GESI cats from GESI to add to my MAK race pipes, pay the welder it'll be about the same cost as buying the MAK high flow cat setup! They also the Sport version with 300CPSI but on EPA for half of the price!

Part number 10030
Sponsored