Sponsored

Has anybody with a stock PP1 car driven it on Rhino ramps in reverse?

ravenofpoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Hey can I ask a dumb question that I couldn’t find the answer to? Is the 15-17 GT PP lower than the base gt? My dealership said my car is lowered but I’m not so sure personally. Front seems a bit lower than back but all the hard ware looks stock.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I backed up my race ramps with no issues, probably had 2 inches of clearance under the front lip.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Can't believe you guys don't get what I'm asking. Or maybe I'm just that stupid at explaining things. Anyway, when you reverse on the ramps, you can hit the front lip with the floor, and destroy/damage the lip, or even the bumper. THAT is what I'm asking. Does anybody get it now??? :D

EDIT: See kindergarten picture below; hope I finally got my freaking point across:crazy:. And yes, I know with 2x6s it'd clear for sure, but I'm almost certain the front lip should clear the floor without anything when reversed, just like the front bumper barely clears the ramps when going forward. Don't need more crap in my garage:D.

Ramps.JPG
Ooooooohhhhhhhhh......IC.....sorry I didn't get it. You will be fine.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
@ravenofpoe - you need to wash your car.

Can't believe you guys don't get what I'm asking.
Ramps.JPG
LOL, @Elp_jc I understood your first post, but loved the picture!

I gotta ask though: Instead of spending hours posting and trying to understand answers and questions, why not just try it and see what happens? If you don't have a wife/partner/friend/neighbor to watch, you should be able to listen for and hear the splitter rub.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
A picture is worth 1k words. The front is fine when the back end goes up a little. You can go over railroad crossings without too much worry, too. ;-)

Sponsored

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Plenty of room. You can see how much daylight I have in front.

B8PuOHA.png

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I would use jacks to lift the car, and then set it down on the ramps.

Better to be smart than sorry.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I would use jacks to lift the car, and then set it down on the ramps.

Better to be smart than sorry.
That defeats the entire purpose of the ramps lol.

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Are you serious? Probably. Ha ha. Pretty obvious answer: Don't want to mess up my car :shock:.

Plenty of room. You can see how much daylight I have in front.
Awesome; thank you :). I was expecting like an inch or so of clearance. Mine are the old Rhinos; not sure if higher, but should easily clear as well. Don't want any more 2x6s in my garage. Ha ha. Will measure clearance and post it here. Will do those projects tomorrow. Thank you for all the answers :like:.

By the way, bought two 3' sections of 2x6s to put behind the ramps (and against the garage stop) when driving the car forward for the oil change, since the front tires don't have traction, and on previous cars, the ramps crept forward. Hopefully there won't be such issue with the rear tires, since I need to do it at the end of the garage, to paint the mufflers. I will post results when done. Thanks again, everybody.

Last edited:

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Do the math! The distance between the center of the front wheel (pivot point) and the front edge is nominally 32". The distance between the center of the front wheel and the center of the rear wheel is nominally 106". Therefore, the distance between pivot point going back is 3.3 times what it is going forward. So, you would need to raise the rear about 14" to make the front drop 4".

It's no more complicated than a kids teeter-tooter.

Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Do the math! The distance between the center of the front wheel (pivot point) and the front edge is nominally 32". The distance between the center of the front wheel and the center of the rear wheel is nominally 106". Therefore, the distance between pivot point going back is 3.3 times what it is going forward. So, you would need to raise the rear about 14" to make the front drop 4".

It's no more complicated than a kids teeter-tooter.
4dlhto.jpg

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
That defeats the entire purpose of the ramps lol.
It defeats part of the purpose of the ramps, true. But I'd be more concerned about not fucking my car up. That'd be my main focus.

I had a fried that used them with his Camaro. It was some scary every time he used them. Eventually he just used jacks, and placed the car on the ramps.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Oops...I read Rhino Ramps but, my brain processed as Race Ramps. I actually have the race ramps. Not sure if the incline dimensions are similar to the rhino ramps but, my before/after experience with clearance are for the race ramps. My bad. Just thought I'd clarify my previous post.
I’m interested in buying race ramps. Worth the money? I have rhino ramps but I’m lowered now.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
It defeats part of the purpose of the ramps, true. But I'd be more concerned about not fucking my car up. That'd be my main focus.

I had a fried that used them with his Camaro. It was some scary every time he used them. Eventually he just used jacks, and placed the car on the ramps.
I've had no issues with mine and used them with a lowered G37S, Golf R, my Mustang, an our Q5.

I did however use some 2x6s and create a shallow ramp that leads to the Rhino Ramps so that my front ends never scrape.
Sponsored