Sponsored

Has anybody with a stock PP1 car driven it on Rhino ramps in reverse?

SOMDS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem PP1|MT6|MR, '17 Lexus IS300 f-Sport, '08 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I’m interested in buying race ramps. Worth the money? I have rhino ramps but I’m lowered now.
I love the race ramps. They are more expensive but, when using them I know they're solid compared to some alternative ramps and they don't move when rolling up/down the ramps. However, I lowered the car 1" and the ramps aren't really functional for me anymore since I'm not a slim build person. That's why I invested in QuickJacks. That's just my personal experience. YMMV

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I am lowered 1 inch around too! But I see race ramps have a super long low profile version. Had zero complains with the original rhinos, served me well

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I want these But the single piece

But woo boy. 300-400 bucks

I am looking for a sale during winter
52E3E6F7-AE70-4FC4-B4A3-10AEB2496B3F.png

Sponsored

SOMDS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem PP1|MT6|MR, '17 Lexus IS300 f-Sport, '08 Jeep Grand Cherokee

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
My race ramps were the rr-56 one piece (I think that's the number). And before lowering were great. After lowering I had to buy the extensions (rr-ex-12) to clear the PP1 front splitter. Extensions work great.
If you had 57’s and added 12 inches that 69 inches

The one above seems to be that length. Think it would have same slope and such?

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I want the minimum amount of storage space, and those long Race ramps take a lot. Besides, I think they're a bit lower than the Rhinos, which provide the absolute minimum working space I need, even though I'm thin (162#). I bought two 3' pieces of 2x8s for behind the ramps (against the garage stop), and another two 2' pieces for in front of the ramps. The front clears by maybe a millimeter or two, so the 2x8 helps, and also to make the climb easier. I was surprised how easy I could drive the car in both directions, with minimal revs. No drama. So will keep my trusty Rhino ramps that I've had for decades. They're the 12K-lb versions, and they still look like new, since they've always been stored indoors. Will just have to make space for the lumber on my garage roof rack.

By the way, with the car in reverse (rear wheels) on the ramps, the front PP1 splitter clears the floor by exactly 4", so even a lowered car would be fine in reverse.

Kleiss1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6- speed
Just changed my oil today. This is my setup. All screwed together. Lifts front tire 9”.
BBEA8540-7450-4D7F-9542-1417A99DB596.jpeg
2FDA289E-891B-4E1F-B953-72B7DB1D15D6.jpeg

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Can't believe you guys don't get what I'm asking. Or maybe I'm just that stupid at explaining things. Anyway, when you reverse on the ramps, you can hit the front lip with the floor, and destroy/damage the lip, or even the bumper. THAT is what I'm asking. Does anybody get it now??? :D

EDIT: See kindergarten picture below; hope I finally got my freaking point across:crazy:. And yes, I know with 2x6s it'd clear for sure, but I'm almost certain the front lip should clear the floor without anything when reversed, just like the front bumper barely clears the ramps when going forward. Don't need more crap in my garage:D.

Ramps.JPG
Your picture cracked me up! Made me think of when Deadpool had the picture and says "Have you seen this man?" FYI, I have backed up a stock PP2 car on to Rhino Ramps without issues. Now I'm on M5300W springs so I may have to add some help under the front wheels to keep the splitter from hitting. FYI, when I need to work under the car I just get it up on 4 jack stands (on Steeda jacking rails). Though I do need to get on the ramps soon to check some things when I install upgraded sway bars as well.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I want the minimum amount of storage space, and those long Race ramps take a lot. Besides, I think they're a bit lower than the Rhinos, which provide the absolute minimum working space I need, even though I'm thin (162#). I bought two 3' pieces of 2x8s for behind the ramps (against the garage stop), and another two 2' pieces for in front of the ramps. The front clears by maybe a millimeter or two, so the 2x8 helps, and also to make the climb easier. I was surprised how easy I could drive the car in both directions, with minimal revs. No drama. So will keep my trusty Rhino ramps that I've had for decades. They're the 12K-lb versions, and they still look like new, since they've always been stored indoors. Will just have to make space for the lumber on my garage roof rack.

By the way, with the car in reverse (rear wheels) on the ramps, the front PP1 splitter clears the floor by exactly 4", so even a lowered car would be fine in reverse.
They're actually higher than the Rhino ramps, at least the ones I have, which lift the car 8 inches compared to Rhino's 6.5. They're the 72 inch length version with a very low car friendly approach angle. Storage wise they aren't bad either, I just stand them up and interlock the two ramp pieces. They're seriously super good quality, light and easy to use, and extremely strong. They also won't degrade over time like the Rhino ramps will because they aren't made of plastic.

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Didn't know Race ramps made 8" ones; that's good. Yeah, the Rhinos are 6.5, but that's enough for most jobs... as long as you're not too 'bulky'. Ha ha. At least my 12,000-lb Rhinos are composite, not plastic, just like the Race ones. I've had mine for decades, and still look like new. I can't have a super low car where I live, so the Rhinos will continue to serve me well. But if you do, then the Race ones are worth the premium.

Kleiss1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6- speed
I get what you are saying. Just showing my setup.
Sponsored