Sponsored

Has anybody with a stock PP1 car driven it on Rhino ramps in reverse?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Need to know if it clears the front lip. I'm by myself, and don't want to destroy it. Ha ha. The good news is the front lip (barely) clears the Rhino ramps (without any 2x6 'assistance') if driving forward, which I'm about to do for the first time to change the oil, and install the front Steeda 2-point G-brace. But need to also do it in reverse to install the Steeda rear sub-frame braces, and try to paint the visible part of the mufflers black. If nobody answers, then will just install the braces lifting the car sideways, to test the Steeda jacking rails. Thanks gang.
Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I got a 15GTpp and backed up on mine with no issues to change the differential fluid and install my Pype Bombs. Not sure if the newer ones are any lower, but figured I would at least chime in.

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thank you very much. They shouldn't, but may I ask you if you remember by any chance approximately how far form the floor your front lip was? Did it barely clear, or you had like an inch or two? If the latter, then I wouldn't worry about it. If barely, then I'd like to hear from a 2018+ owner :D. Thanks brother.

SOMDS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem PP1|MT6|MR, '17 Lexus IS300 f-Sport, '08 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I have a '20 PP1 and stock ride height the front lip cleared my rhino ramps. After adding the Steeda 1" drop progressive magneride lowering springs I no longer cleared the rhino ramps for the front lip. I had to purchase the extensions and then no problem. However, reversing onto the ramps before/after 1" drop never had an issue. Since then I've upgraded to the QuickJacks and much nicer. I keep the rhino ramps around for a quick lift since the QJ's take a few minutes to set up, etc. good luck

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you very much. They shouldn't, but may I ask you if you remember by any chance approximately how far form the floor your front lip was? Did it barely clear, or you had like an inch or two? If the latter, then I wouldn't worry about it. If barely, then I'd like to hear from a 2018+ owner :D. Thanks brother.
It's super close that I can say, but it's back to "are the 18s+ lower" looks like SOMD550 got your back saying it will clear.

Sponsored

SOMDS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem PP1|MT6|MR, '17 Lexus IS300 f-Sport, '08 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Oops...I read Rhino Ramps but, my brain processed as Race Ramps. I actually have the race ramps. Not sure if the incline dimensions are similar to the rhino ramps but, my before/after experience with clearance are for the race ramps. My bad. Just thought I'd clarify my previous post.

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Oops...I read Rhino Ramps but, my brain processed as Race Ramps.
Hey, thank you for stating that. I was about to head back to the garage with that assurance. Ha ha. The race ramps are definitely lower than the Rhinos; that's why I didn't buy them. I'm thin, but the Rhinos provide the minimum space under the car I want to deal with. And sometimes I can't even use the torque wrench to tighten the drain plug on some cars, for lack of space.

Well, I don't think anything has changed since 2015 ride height wise, so might give it a try and see what happens. Ha ha. But before doing that, could you please let me know if your car has 255/40/19 and 275/40/19 tires? If yes, then I'd say with 99% certainty that they're identical in ride height. Thanks Nate.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Even though you have a 18' I figured others may wander in and might have the same question for a 15-17. As I was saying the front is super close, you can probably slide a piece of paper under it if there is KY on it. The back no issues at all. These are Rhino Ramps brand. As long as you can get the front of the ramp touching your tire without interference it should be fine going up.
IMG_1377.JPG
IMG_1378.JPG

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I have the Rhino ramps and clear no problem forward with my 18 PP. I've not had a need to back onto them, but that would be even easier to clear.

Kleiss1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6- speed
My stock base 2018 GT won’t go up from the front without a lit help.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The back no issues at all.
NO, NO, NO. I knew that without even trying. Ha ha. I'm talking about not smacking the front lip on the floor (especially the 2 'beaks' on the lip) when putting the car on the ramps in reverse. Am I making myself understood now? :D And as I mentioned, my car also clears the ramps at the front by a hair, so our cars have basically the same ride height. Hopefully you already tried in reverse, and can chime in :).

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I'm talking about not smacking the front lip on the floor (especially the 2 'beaks' on the lip) when putting the car on the ramps in reverse. Am I making myself understood now? :D
I'm not sure I do understand, before or now. If you "reverse" onto the ramps - they'd have to go on the back wheels (which evidently isn't what you're talking about). Because if you wanted to "reverse" on to them from the front... you'd have to stuff the ramps under the doors, and there's nowhere near enough clearance under the chassis to chock them under there before you started backing onto them in front. So... what do you mean, "in reverse?"

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
what do you mean, "in reverse?"
Can't believe you guys don't get what I'm asking. Or maybe I'm just that stupid at explaining things. Anyway, when you reverse on the ramps, you can hit the front lip with the floor, and destroy/damage the lip, or even the bumper. THAT is what I'm asking. Does anybody get it now??? :D

EDIT: See kindergarten picture below; hope I finally got my freaking point across:crazy:. And yes, I know with 2x6s it'd clear for sure, but I'm almost certain the front lip should clear the floor without anything when reversed, just like the front bumper barely clears the ramps when going forward. Don't need more crap in my garage:D.

Ramps.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: