Sponsored

Has anybody seen anti matter blue in real life? How does it compare to Kona?

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
To me, velocity blue is too light. I prefer a richer true blue with lots of metal flake and no purple.
Sounds like you would love the color dark blue pearl that I had on my 07 F150

Here is a close up of my fender flares after I had them painted to match

Painted LARIAT Flares 003.JPG
Sponsored

djdstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoVert
To me, kona turns too purple too often. Kona is a more purple indigo or navy. That is why I went ruby red metallic instead. I am a blue car lover but hate how purple Kona turns. I would prefer the antimatter blue since it remains blue. If they had brought it a little lighter a couple ticks, it would be perfect and we would not be having this conversation. To me, velocity blue is too light. I prefer a richer true blue with lots of metal flake and no purple.
you might be thinking of deep impact blue.
my Kona blue has no purple.

DIB 👇🏻

45BF0D2D-625D-4C72-869F-9B1B725D47A5.jpeg

Last edited:

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4, 2018 Taurus
An F250 at my local dealer in Antimatter blue

IMG_20201221_081004122_HDR[1].jpg

Sponsored

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Oh, but it doesn't. It turns black. :)
heavenly.

Sure beats driving a purple Barney car. All dark colored cars are difficult to keep clean. Nature of the beast. The question I see is if you prefer black to purple? I prefer black.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yesterday after work I ran to the local Ford lot to lay eyes on a new F150 in Antimatter.

It's so dark I thought the truck was black and just reflecting the sky (which it was). Only the parts in strong sunlight really showed much of any blue. There's some cool blue flake in it though.

Way too dark for me. I was hoping for something more like the True Blue on my '01 Bullitt. I like Kona better.

OP
OP

LeroyJohsan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leroy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
It turns into a million swirls unless you pay out the ass for paint correction and ppf. Don't know how anyone can own a color like this. Never again for me lol.
Does Kona swirl badly?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Does Kona swirl badly?
everything washed in a car wash or not maintained will swirl. Any color will show it but darker colors including Kona will as well. Hell, my Ruby Red which is not as dark as Kona shows swirls. It is just time to take out the detailing tools and go to town. It takes work to have a clean car.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I think Kona doesn't have quite as much purple. Deep Impact Blue definitely went more purple than Kona. The new Antimatter Blue is going to be just like owning a black car. Impossible to keep clean. Hope you have PPF and ceramic coating in your future.

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4, 2018 Taurus
so what do you think ?
I guess we all have to wait to see a mustang
As others have said, it is so dark it looks black with out the sun hitting it. It is a nice color and a good alternative to shadow black but it will be a pain to take care of. Full disclosure, I have owned 3 black cars and suffered through keeping them clean, but loved every one of them. In my mind there is nothing like polished dark paint on a car.

IMG_20160905_132541245.jpg

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
As others have said, it is so dark it looks black with out the sun hitting it. It is a nice color and a good alternative to shadow black but it will be a pain to take care of. Full disclosure, I have owned 3 black cars and suffered through keeping them clean, but loved every one of them. In my mind there is nothing like polished dark paint on a car.
Agree. A clean black looks fantastic and mean on the S550 but trying to keep it clean would put me in a straight jacket sooner or later. I had two Mustangs in Magnetic and while it wasn't much of a color, I did like it a lot. Easy to keep clean and brought out the bodylines pretty well.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Few words: Quick Detailer and Microfiber.

Keep them in the trunk and use often!!
Sponsored