Sponsored

Has anybody done a resonator delete and used a X pipe in its place and was it worth it

OP
OP

Gtmusi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
FN GT Mustang, FG Gt, BA Gt
Yep, first mod I did. Looking back, I should have done an H-pipe instead, but that's my preference. H pipes tend to sound closer to a sixties muscle car, but an X pipe will get you more power. The difference is minimal, you would only see it on a dyno, but it is there. American muscle has plenty of sound clips on their website for all kinds of different exhaust configurations. Give them a listen and choose what you like.
Thanks for your advise listed and liked and bought
Sponsored

Full FUBAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
I will let you know, adding a FP X pipe Friday and I have active exhaust
Just got back from the muffler shop and it sounds GREAT ! way more aggressive and I get the pop.pop.pop in track and sport mode that I didn't before. I didn't use the provided claps , wielded it to the out going pipes , the shop said the clamps suck always end up leaking

Fire__GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack Level 1
Has anyone done a resonator delete and replaced it with a X pipe in a FNGT and was it worth it love to here back
I did a custom stainless steel X-Pipe on mine and i must admit it sounds so good with the active exhaust... I don't think i need an exhaust for now until performance mandates a 3 inch. (Stock is 2.5")
Sponsored