Harsh ride, very low, and other issues!

jodeci2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raed
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2020 PP1
Here it is, this is my first post in this wonderful forum!

Folks I really need your help. I bought a 2020 GT PP with Magenride. I am not experienced much in tune ups, but the ride is too stiff and I feel every bump on the road and the dampers are not working at all to make the dumps easy on me. I have been looking around if someone can help me figure out the reason for this stiffness.

After researching for many days I found out that the sway bar is not stock (the yellow thing in the picture. I think it is Whiteline brand?)
and I was also told that the springs are not stock.

So my questions are:
- What springs are these? can someone tell from the pictures?
- Will it drive like stock if I buy stock springs? and the lowering will be gone?
- does the sway bar contribute to the stiffness?

Any other valuable information is really appreciated as I am totally new to this. I love the car but I really hate the harsh ride and I dont know what's causing it.

20210624_154928.jpg

20210624_155329.jpg

20210626_181235.jpg

20210702_110128.jpg

20210711_155507.jpg
Sponsored

specv510

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I'm no expert, but I'd say somebody lowered that car too much and probably didn't take the Magneride into consideration. If you're ok with a slightly stiffer ride than stock and being 3/4" lower than stock, you should look into the Ford Performance handling kit that is made for cars with Magneride. Also, the yellow part you're referring to is just the sway bar end link, not the actual sway bar.

OP
OP

jodeci2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raed
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2020 PP1
I'm no expert, but I'd say somebody lowered that car too much and probably didn't take the Magneride into consideration. If you're ok with a slightly stiffer ride than stock and being 3/4" lower than stock, you should look into the Ford Performance handling kit that is made for cars with Magneride. Also, the yellow part you're referring to is just the sway bar end link, not the actual sway bar.
Thanks for your reply. So what lowers the car this much? Is it the springs alone? The end links? Or everything?

I already bought a second hand stock springs and waiting for them to arrive, but I wonder if I should do anything else to return it back to stock (in terms of height and ride quality).

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The springs lower it. Both the springs and swaybars contribute to the rough ride.

The swaybars are adjustable tho, and yours appear to be set on a medium setting. You could/should absolutely set those to the outer most hole which is the softest setting if the ride is bugging you (in addition to changing out the springs).

The endlinks are just more durable that the stock ones, no negative impact on ride.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Sorry, I don't know much about Magneride but you should have a toggle switch or setting on the dash gauge to change the ride firmness. This is one of the best features of the Magneride system.

This is unrelated, but it looks like your car has two different side skirts.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jodeci2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raed
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2020 PP1
This is unrelated, but it looks like your car has two different side skirts.

The car is so low that I lost the right side skirt in one of the bumps !!

Sorry, I don't know much about Magneride but you should have a toggle switch or setting on the dash gauge to change the ride firmness. This is one of the best features of the Magneride system.
Magneride changes with the 5 different modes toggles. So it is builtin the 5 modes.
The issue is that with this low, you dont feel the Magneride changes because it is already maxed down.

OP
OP

jodeci2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raed
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2020 PP1
The springs lower it. Both the springs and swaybars contribute to the rough ride.

The swaybars are adjustable tho, and yours appear to be set on a medium setting. You could/should absolutely set those to the outer most hole which is the softest setting if the ride is bugging you (in addition to changing out the springs).

The endlinks are just more durable that the stock ones, no negative impact on ride.
Thanks .. I will adjust it to the outer hole once I do the spring job.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Eww, now that's the lowering rate.. 😬
If I were you, I would take it to a good mechanic and have it checked end to end. Who knows what else the previous owner did. Ideally, you would do it before paying for the car, but... did you do a test drive at all?

OP
OP

jodeci2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raed
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2020 PP1
Eww, now that's the lowering rate.. 😬
If I were you, I would take it to a good mechanic and have it checked end to end. Who knows what else the previous owner did. Ideally, you would do it before paying for the car, but... did you do a test drive at all?
Well, I fully paid even before seeing it 😅 .. this car is Japan-specs and I imported it from Japan directly!!
Mustangs are very expensive in Saudi Arabia (where I live) (2021 new GT premium costs around 69.000 USD incl. tax/vat). So I got this ride for 40.000 USD, and it is fully loaded (PP, magneride, digital dash, b&o system, and the side mirrors auto fold when in park as a bonus! (Japan spec only)).

So far, the chnages I noticed are: whiteline sway bars, strange springs, mmd spoiler, JLT catch can... and still discovering 😅😅

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Well, I fully paid even before seeing it 😅 .. this car is Japan-specs and I imported it from Japan directly!!
Mustangs are very expensive in Saudi Arabia (where I live) (2021 new GT premium costs around 69.000 USD incl. tax/vat). So I got this ride for 40.000 USD, and it is fully loaded (PP, magneride, digital dash, b&o system, and the side mirrors auto fold when in park as a bonus! (Japan spec only)).

So far, the chnages I noticed are: whiteline sway bars, strange springs, mmd spoiler, JLT catch can... and still discovering 😅😅
Oh, I see. I have pretty good experience with used JDM cars, they tune anything from corolla to godzilla. It's also easy to find used cars in amazing condition and loaded with options. Here in Canada, I would love to have an opportunity to drive a JDM STI or GTR with 4B grade from a reputable auction. 😆

Last edited:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
maybe it's because it's late at night here but wouldn't a Japanese Mustang be RHD not LHD? Seen plenty of LHD Mustangs in Japan but I assumed they were US exports not Japanese market variants.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
maybe it's because it's late at night here but wouldn't a Japanese Mustang be RHD not LHD? Seen plenty of LHD Mustangs in Japan but I assumed they were US exports not Japanese market variants.
There's plenty of LHD imported cars in Japan, including European makes (bmw, mercedes for example)

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
There's plenty of LHD imported cars in Japan, including European makes (bmw, mercedes for example)
indeed there are but the fact you can get the RHD would be the obvious choice as it'd be intended for that market as opposed to a private import. Either way, OP has an amazing spec of car which is all that matters :sunglasses:
Sponsored