Sponsored

Harmonic balancer/ crank pulley Pro Charger

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Yes….and boost increases the stresses on rods, bearings, pistons….yet no one cares and sets their 30k dollar stock gen 2 and 3 to 1000wheel. :cwl:
Sponsored

usmade75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 10r80
Good customer service with Procharger. Have another pulley coming. Procharger tech stated the correct pulley for the 2020 mustang gt is an 8in (outside to outside) (7.85 inside to inside on the ribs). He sent it to get QC'd with his team before shipping. Hope it fits correctly as I have no intensions of modding my crank snout to get it to fit. Nonetheless, good dialog with their tech and answered a ton of my questions...

On another note, I looked at the install instructions for the crank pulley on a procharger stage 2 kit for a 2018+ F150 5.0.

F150 18+ 5.0 instructions: turn crank pulley *clockwise until cams stop, *torque crank bolt 35lbs +90 degress, * then fully tighten cam bolts

Mustang 18+ 5.0 instructions: turn crank pulley counterclockwise until cams stop, lightly tight crank bolt, fully tighten cam bolts, torque crank bolt 35lbs +90 degress.

Cranks turn the same way, belt diagram is the same... anyone know which method is correct?

Anyone use the Procharger bolt 35+ 90 degree turn and a touch of red loctite? Still holding?

For what it is worth, when I did have it running, the Procharger tune is good. Normal mode shifts smoothly, Sport plus is aggressive seems to have a tiny bit more throttle response, Track, Drag, Snow/wet same as before just more power.....

The car is plenty quick and on good pulls when it sticks, your stomach drops (10-15mph & 40mph pulls). Looking to do the forscan deal soon to get an approximation of boost.

Will give an update once new pulley is installed!

BTW SolarFlare - I've read many of your post and seen a few of your youtube vids...thank you for taking the time and explaining all related to Procharger. You may have indirectly influenced my Procharger purchase. :wink:

Last edited:

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Crankshaft snout failures happen on completely stock cars. By adding a pulley to the front of the balancer you you increase the need to make sure to double check and be sure that everything is correct. Normally when I procharger breaks a snout it is install error. But procharger does increase the stress on the crankshaft snout
Any blower increases the stress seen by the crank snout. Many think belt tension is the culprit, but NA and TT failures suggest that rotational load may be more likely.

usmade75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 10r80
I am assume said stress also applies to FI setups when sold new off the show room floor? Excuse my ignorance, but whats the difference?

Anyone have any tips installing the Procharger crank pulley to prevent it from coming loose? Red loctite on cambolts and crank bolt?

Last edited:

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Good customer service with Procharger. Have another pulley coming. Procharger tech stated the correct pulley for the 2020 mustang gt is an 8in (outside to outside) (7.85 inside to inside on the ribs). He sent it to get QC'd with his team before shipping. Hope it fits correctly as I have no intensions of modding my crank snout to get it to fit. Nonetheless, good dialog with their tech and answered a ton of my questions...

On another note, I looked at the install instructions for the crank pulley on a procharger stage 2 kit for a 2018+ F150 5.0.

F150 18+ 5.0 instructions: turn crank pulley *clockwise until cams stop, *torque crank bolt 35lbs +90 degress, * then fully tighten cam bolts

Mustang 18+ 5.0 instructions: turn crank pulley counterclockwise until cams stop, lightly tight crank bolt, fully tighten cam bolts, torque crank bolt 35lbs +90 degress.

Cranks turn the same way, belt diagram is the same... anyone know which method is correct?

Anyone use the Procharger bolt 35+ 90 degree turn and a touch of red loctite? Still holding?

For what it is worth, when I did have it running, the Procharger tune is good. Normal mode shifts smoothly, Sport plus is aggressive seems to have a tiny bit more throttle response, Track, Drag, Snow/wet same as before just more power.....

The car is plenty quick and on good pulls when it sticks, your stomach drops (10-15mph & 40mph pulls). Looking to do the forscan deal soon to get an approximation of boost.

Will give an update once new pulley is installed!

BTW SolarFlare - I've read many of your post and seen a few of your youtube vids...thank you for taking the time and explaining all related to Procharger. You may have indirectly influenced my Procharger purchase. :wink:
thank you sir. There’s a wealth of info in this group. And if it hasn’t been covered you can just ask.

Sponsored

usmade75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 10r80
*Update - Red loctite 272 holding so far - placed on the crank bolt and cam locks. New pulley seated fully with no issues. For ease of inspection, I placed an inline white line on the bolt head and edge of pulley. Ease to spot if it loosens.

usmade75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 10r80
Loose again. I am thinking the bolt is too soft? Won't talk about how pissed I am and time I've put towards this as I have followed the instructions and guidance given over the phone to a T. Frustrating to say the least.

20210827_081302.jpg

20210827_081407.jpg

usmade75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 10r80
New style pulley inbound from Procharger. Ford shipped out 2020's with two different type of crank pulleys.

usmade75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 10r80
Quick follow up. Still holding tight with new pulley from Procharger...no issues.

OP
OP
Orly6

Orly6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Orly
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
I’m glad you were able to get everything working 100%! :muscle:
Sponsored