Sponsored

Hard Transmission line fitting to AN Adapter

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm finishing up the transmission installation.

I have a Magnum XL with the front plate pump (to retain the remote cooling).

I'd like to repurpose the hard/aluminum transmission cooler lines, but the inlet and return don't line up with the 3160.

I can either cut and flare and tube nut/insert connection to a threaded nut (to a male flare AN adapter) or they have hard line adapters which feature a crush ferrule (yes I had to look up how to spell that) and it creates a compression connection to a threaded AN adapter.

I already have the AN adapters at the trans.

On the Magnum, the return is actually on the driver's side (vs the rear of the 3160 passenger side). The outlet for the pump is toward the front of the passenger side (pretty close to where the 3160 was).

My question is, does the compression fitting with ferrule create a good enough seal for transmission lines or do I need to bite the bullet and buy a flaring tool and use the tube nut and insert?

I see a bunch of videos on the compression fittings and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with them. Obviously I'm most interested in not having leaks.

Thanks,
Sponsored

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
Nothing useful to provide on your question, but what are you doing with the 3160 that came out? I presume it had the internal pump.