Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've been going from PX to PX to find enough oil to do my first oil change. The only kind that the PX had in 5w-50 was Castrol Edge full synthetic. In other oils they had 5 qt bottles that saved you a lot over buying 5×1 qt bottles. But not the the 5w-50. I bought all 6 qts that they had and still would need to find 5 more.

I haven't looked off base yet but was told that oil off base is very expensive.

I guess I'm gonna have to hoard oil when ever the PX had it in stalk.
Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I've been going from PX to PX to find enough oil to do my first oil change. The only kind that the PX had in 5w-50 was Castrol Edge full synthetic. In other oils they had 5 qt bottles that saved you a lot over buying 5×1 qt bottles. But not the the 5w-50. I bought all 6 qts that they had and still would need to find 5 more.

Although I swear by Castrol in general, I would not recommend it for this car

2 options for MC 5/50:

1. Stuttgart can order MC 5/50; you pay ahead of time and it takes 1-2 weeks to arrive. They may be able to send to KMC area.

2. Stuttgart can also order Motul for about the same price from a local supplier. Motul is great oil, but personally haven't found proof that it's a good option for the GT350.

3. Optimum Performance can send via APO for about $125 per case of 12 including shipping--competes with PX price. They do a VERY GOOD job of packaging and worked really hard to figure out how to ship at the lowest possible price. Recommend them over the PX.

Hope it helps.

OP
OP
lemers

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I asked Ramstien a couple times about ordering and they said they couldn't order oil.

Shipping oil to an APO should be a no-no. You can only use USPS and once it's handed over to the MPS; it shouldn't move because oil is a hazardous material.

Is the Castrol Edge any good or should I return it?

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I asked Ramstien a couple times about ordering and they said they couldn't order oil.

Shipping oil to an APO should be a no-no. You can only use USPS and once it's handed over to the MPS; it shouldn't move because oil is a hazardous material.

Is the Castrol Edge any good or should I return it?
It is not an no-no. Did it twice and it's above board. Did Stuttgart twice for MC and once for Motul. The Motul was their mistake, so turned it back and went with Optimum ever since. They are good, and it's ok to ship.

I would turn the Edge back, or use it in another car--BMW for example.

Sponsored

OP
OP
lemers

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It is not an no-no. Did it twice and it's above board. Did Stuttgart twice for MC and once for Motul. The Motul was their mistake, so turned it back and went with Optimum ever since. They are good, and it's ok to ship.

I would turn the Edge back, or use it in another car--BMW for example.
I'll need to go back to Ramstien and be a little direct with them on the oil , then.

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2009 BMW X6 50i, 2012 BMW K1300R

I'm feeling you. I'm stuggling now also to find a way to get the oil. :headbonk:

I managed to persuade a freight forwarding company to send a Motorcraft kit to me. I bought it already but they haven't contacted me yet. Will keep you posted.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maruti Omni
I easily found places that sell MC 5w-50 in Germany and in Poland. The cheapest seems to be available for sale by ATO24 through their website (€13.49/l); they are also selling through ebay and Amazon.

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Try looking for an Amsoil distributor in Germany, That's what I had to do here in Korea And luckily I found a couple here. AAFES is a joke, Even the auto care centers couldn't order the Amsoil or the MotorCraft.

Ctease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
When I was stationin in Japan our Minimart would order oil for me. But then started ordering from Amazon.co.jp. Have you tried Amazon.de? I just went to their website, like Japanese site, German has English translation. Saw some Mobil 1, Ford Motorcraft, Motul and Castrol didn't convert euro to USD because I'm lazy and don't care that much.. opps

Sponsored

jerkstore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
You can ship oil to an APO. I have had a half dozen cases of Amsoil shipped to my APO over the last few years. You can go to their web store/site and order online. Its free shipping on orders over 100 bucks and become a preferred customer and get 25% off. Its worth it. I am fairly sure it doesn't take too long to get a single case shipped.

OP
OP
lemers

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I easily found places that sell MC 5w-50 in Germany and in Poland. The cheapest seems to be available for sale by ATO24 through their website (€13.49/l); they are also selling through ebay and Amazon.

13.50 euro is about double the price of the oil I bought on base. So that would be about a 60euro difference.

OP
OP
lemers

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You can ship oil to an APO. I have had a half dozen cases of Amsoil shipped to my APO over the last few years. You can go to their web store/site and order online. Its free shipping on orders over 100 bucks and become a preferred customer and get 25% off. Its worth it. I am fairly sure it doesn't take too long to get a single case shipped.

You may have gotten it in the past, but I know that there is a lot more scrutiny going on. You can thank Samsung and their exploding lithium batteries that those and much more are getting flagged as hazardous materials.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Why can't you just go to a Ford dealership and order a case of Motorcraft 5W-50? I know it will cost more, but that's the price you pay for having access to the autobahn.

I think the amazon.de suggestion was a good one as well.

FWIW, I'll be in your area next week. Hope to see your car on the road while I'm there.

OP
OP
lemers

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Why can't you just go to a Ford dealership and order a case of Motorcraft 5W-50? I know it will cost more, but that's the price you pay for having access to the autobahn.

I think the amazon.de suggestion was a good one as well.

FWIW, I'll be in your area next week. Hope to see your car on the road while I'm there.
Well just like the next person; I don't want to over pay for something I don't have too.
Sponsored