Hard start or no start I can’t tell..

DennisY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
So I finished replacing my OPG/CS and when I put everything back together the car starts for like a split second then just burbles down until it dies. I’ve tried starting it while it was jumped to another car. Checked vacuum lines and I get the same result. It’s also weird that it’s not throwing any CEL codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have a video but I can’t figure out how to post it here.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Your Timing is slightly off. its real easy to be off a key with these motors. Pull it apart and triple check it.

Gen-3:

gen-2:

OP
OP
DennisY

DennisY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
Your Timing is slightly off. its real easy to be off a key with these motors. Pull it apart and triple check it.

Gen-3:

gen-2:

that’s the same exact video I watched throughout the whole process and made sure I was on point because I feared of having to do it all over again.. 12 o clock and 5 o clock and made sure the colored links are right on the money.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Disconnect the vct and try also make sure your cam sensors are plugged in. It will not throw a code for a lot of issues unless it runs for a while. But it sounds like one timing chain is right but you didn’t turn it a full turn before installing the second

OP
OP
DennisY

DennisY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
Disconnect the vct and try also make sure your cam sensors are plugged in. It will not throw a code for a lot of issues unless it runs for a while. But it sounds like one timing chain is right but you didn’t turn it a full turn before installing the second
this issue has been fixed. Car starts and idles good and runs good. It turns out to be a massive vacuum leak. Thanks
Sponsored