Harbor Freight (pittsburgh) 3 and 6 ton jack stand recall

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
if any of you guys have harbor freight jack stands, they may be under a recall for having "the potential to disengage their support pawl under shifting weight, causing the stand to drop suddenly".

sure hope no one gets hurt over this.. there has been some NHTSA filings already.. didnt look through them, but i hope no one was injured..

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...-jack-stands-recalled-for-risk-of-collapsing/

EDIT: here are model numbers for the TLDR version, 56371 or 61196 on 3-ton models, and 61197 on 6-ton models
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
if any of you guys have harbor freight jack stands, they may be under a recall for having "the potential to disengage their support pawl under shifting weight, causing the stand to drop suddenly".

sure hope no one gets hurt over this.. there has been some NHTSA filings already.. didnt look through them, but i hope no one was injured..

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cu...-jack-stands-recalled-for-risk-of-collapsing/

EDIT: here are model numbers for the TLDR version, 56371 or 61196 on 3-ton models, and 61197 on 6-ton models
Hi Wade, I dropped this into the main forum after you posted. I thought it might get lost in the members forum (guess I was right).

OP
OP
wade001

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
i see, no worries..

i debated on whether to post in the s550 general, or into a subforum...

however, being somewhat new here.. i wasnt sure on how strict the rules are, so i just put it in a subforum..

either way the goal was to get eyes on it, so no one gets hurt or dies. the goal was accomplished! thanks for helping spread the word
Sponsored