• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
After watching the video, the navigation app on a smartphone seems to be light-years better than the navigation display of the S650. I, also, noticed a gap in the space between the actual display and the edge of the panel. Most LED panels have edge-to-edge displays. There is no adjustment to make the fonts or icons larger for folks with reading difficulties. 90% of the programming driving apps, most Mustang drivers will never use. I would like to see a display that will inform me about when the car needs to go to the repair shop before a part breaks down or how much good tread is left on the tires. The narrator mentioned Ford designed the S650 for a younger customer base, but Ford placed the Mustang's pricing that a young person (under 30) has to make $60K annually to afford a GT (based on dealer's lot prices). When the final sales numbers come next year for the 2024 Mustang, Ford will be rethinking what it did to the 2024 Mustang's interior.
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Watching the latest video, I'm curious how the screens will appear and operate in an environment with a lot of light, like FL, TX, CA, etc. Maybe it's the angle of the camera, but there seems to be a lot of glare and reflection.

Last edited:

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
After watching the video, the navigation app on a smartphone seems to be light-years better than the navigation display of the S650. I, also, noticed a gap in the space between the actual display and the edge of the panel. Most LED panels have edge-to-edge displays. There is no adjustment to make the fonts or icons larger for folks with reading difficulties. 90% of the programming driving apps, most Mustang drivers will never use. I would like to see a display that will inform me about when the car needs to go to the repair shop before a part breaks down or how much good tread is left on the tires. The narrator mentioned Ford designed the S650 for a younger customer base, but Ford placed the Mustang's pricing that a young person (under 30) has to make $60K annually to afford a GT (based on dealer's lot prices). When the final sales numbers come next year for the 2024 Mustang, Ford will be rethinking what it did to the 2024 Mustang's interior.
This is so spot-on...

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I disagree on all points here

It's going to have bluetooth enabled Apple/Android carplay. Waze, google maps, pandora etc. is all anyone under 40 will be using so its' own internal navigation is irrelevant. Plenty of people use the driving apps. How do you make the fonts larger on synch 3 for the visually impaired? Or any other car for that matter? Is there a video that even confirms this? Pricing is completely in line with the market for its performance value (see civic type r, nissan z, dodge challenger, etc.). The car is going to sell well

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

It's going to have bluetooth enabled Apple/Android carplay. Waze, google maps, pandora etc. is all anyone under 40 will be using so its' own internal navigation is irrelevant. Plenty of people use the driving apps. How do you make the fonts larger on synch 3 for the visually impaired? Or any other car for that matter? Is there a video that even confirms this? Pricing is completely in line with the market for its performance value (see civic type r, nissan z, dodge challenger, etc.). The car is going to sell well
The narrator said the display would only use certain connected apps and that might change in the future. I was only talking about Ford's display and nothing else. If no one under 40 will using Ford's navigation, then why have it? There is a font setting pretty much on everything except car displays. What do you mean by selling well? Less than 4000/month out of 2998 dealers?

Last edited:

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature

Exactly.

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang HPP

Thank you lol. I can't believe the amount of people that are delusional to think that a digital interior is going to make the Mustang sell less.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you lol. I can't believe the amount of people that are delusional to think that a digital interior is going to make the Mustang sell less.
So far, Mustang's yearly US sales have gone downhill by 50% since 2015 and you think the digital dash will reverse that trend?

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
So far, Mustang's yearly US sales have gone downhill by 50% since 2015 and you think the digital dash will reverse that trend?
Mustang sales have gone down as a result of multiple factors. We've been waiting for the S650 replacement for like 3 years now. Its just natural for sales to drop as people await the next redesign. It was delayed because of the pandemic, which also caused auto sales to collapse across all manufacturers. On top of that we have inflation putting pressure on new car sales. The infotainment screen design is damn near irrelevant to the topic of sales numbers

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang sales have gone down as a result of multiple factors. We've been waiting for the S650 replacement for like 3 years now. Its just natural for sales to drop as people await the next redesign. It was delayed because of the pandemic, which also caused auto sales to collapse across all manufacturers. On top of that we have inflation putting pressure on new car sales. The infotainment screen design is damn near irrelevant to the topic of sales numbers
So far, Mustang's yearly US sales have gone downhill by 50% since S550 came out.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Coupe- Magnetic
You think expecting the digital dash to tell you your *tire tread depth* is a reasonable point of argument about this new technology? Hahahaha wow. Definitely stick to your 2007.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Mustang sales are on terminal decline IMO. The gussy 'tech' interior will do nothing to stop the collapse. Might even hasten it. For sure economic factors dominate sales of 'toy' cars, but despite all the zillions of "free" stimulus money, it did nothing to rescue Mustang sales these last 2 years, unlike the overall market or other specific model lines.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Mustang sales are on terminal decline IMO. The gussy 'tech' interior will do nothing to stop the collapse. Might even hasten it. For sure economic factors dominate sales of 'toy' cars, but despite all the zillions of "free" stimulus money, it did nothing to rescue Mustang sales these last 2 years, unlike the overall market or other specific model lines.
Right. The overall car market has been shifting toward small SUVs and trucks for the last 10yrs, hence the reason why the mustang is the only car Ford is even selling in the US
Sponsored