rcsracing

rcsracing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP #1859
There are 4 more bolts (8 total, 4 stay without splitter) and 21 rivets.

I ordered these rivets - https://www.fastener.zone/products/auveco-13751-1274-ford-w704342-s300 We'll see if they are correct. Rivet gun - need a bigger one, as I think I read these are 1/4" shank. Harbor Freight sells one that goes that big. 4 bolts -I ordered these based on the Ford part # - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085MY7J6B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No ETA on the rivets yet (ordered Friday), so I can't report back yet.
Update - screws do not fit. Washer is too big, but screw itself is right thread/length.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I didn't follow up in here but the rivets with the harbor freight tool went in with ease and worked perfectly.

glmarker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang premium Mach 1 FJG and 1964.5 Mustang
somewhere on the web, I saw an installation video on the front splitter when I was trying to decide if I wanted to order one or not. Now, that I have ordered one, I cant find it again. If anyone else has seen it and knows how to get to it, perhaps they will post the link.

Gary

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
somewhere on the web, I saw an installation video on the front splitter when I was trying to decide if I wanted to order one or not. Now, that I have ordered one, I cant find it again. If anyone else has seen it and knows how to get to it, perhaps they will post the link.

Gary
I would just follow the paper instructions it comes with. It's pretty straight forward. Once you thread a couple screws, it will be simple to install. It's a little wonky getting it lined up and a few screws in at the start.

glmarker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Zelek,,
thanks,.... that's what the video reflected also.

Sponsored

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis

Gary
I saw this one yesterday, looks very easy. It's the last mod in the video.

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
Yup, I believe that was it, I did see see it. Thanks for posting.

Gary
is there really a concern about bottoming out with the splitter on speed bumps etc, while it seems lower it doesn't seem that low? if anything I'd be more worried about getting it too close to parking bricks in some lots.

glmarker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
I'm not the best person to answer this question as I haven't received my mach 1 yet but the narrator in the video states that although he has scraped a time or two, the engine splash shield is lower than the spoiler. Other folks on the forum have stated that ground clearance is a little over 5 inches.

Gary
Sponsored