rcsracing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP #1859
Hi folks,

One thing missing on my "new" (see other "Got it!" thread) is the shorter bolts when I remove the gurney flap. I removed it for the ride home (definite MPG change), but left the holes open.

Anyone have the size? I saw part #s for a kit from Ford, but I'd probably look at getting from McMaster or similar. Particularly - under head length, as I can measure the longer ones to get the diameter and thread pitch.

On the front splitter extension - is there an installation guide available online? I need to look through the car for that hardware as well.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Slicktricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach1
So once this is on there’s really no way of just taking it off without breaking the rivots? I haven’t installed mine yet but I wouldn’t want it on all the time due to some bad roads.

OP
OP
rcsracing

rcsracing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP #1859
So once this is on there’s really no way of just taking it off without breaking the rivots? I haven’t installed mine yet but I wouldn’t want it on all the time due to some bad roads.
I can't confirm, but I'd guess so. You need a rivet gun to install the rivets, so they're one-time use. To remove them, I think you would use a punch on the center of the plastic rivet to drive it through.

Slicktricky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach1
I can't confirm, but I'd guess so. You need a rivet gun to install the rivets, so they're one-time use. To remove them, I think you would use a punch on the center of the plastic rivet to drive it through.
Yeah that sucks it’s a one and done install and not just a simple bolt on part. I would like it on when going to car shows and cruising roads that I know are safe but if you accidentally hit something like a tall speed bump or curb you could potentially cause quite a-bit of damage to the front end I would think.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
So my front splitter is missing all of the rivets because I asked them to remove it for shipping it. I had no idea they were one time use. I guess I need to buy 21 more rivets and I need a rivet gun?

So far just the bolts are holding it.

OP
OP
rcsracing

rcsracing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP #1859
So my front splitter is missing all of the rivets because I asked them to remove it for shipping it. I had no idea they were one time use. I guess I need to buy 21 more rivets and I need a rivet gun?

So far just the bolts are holding it.
There are 4 more bolts (8 total, 4 stay without splitter) and 21 rivets.

I ordered these rivets - https://www.fastener.zone/products/auveco-13751-1274-ford-w704342-s300 We'll see if they are correct. Rivet gun - need a bigger one, as I think I read these are 1/4" shank. Harbor Freight sells one that goes that big. 4 bolts -I ordered these based on the Ford part # - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085MY7J6B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No ETA on the rivets yet (ordered Friday), so I can't report back yet.

EDIT - bolts are incorrect.

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
There are 4 more bolts (8 total, 4 stay without splitter) and 21 rivets.

I ordered these rivets - https://www.fastener.zone/products/auveco-13751-1274-ford-w704342-s300 We'll see if they are correct. Rivet gun - need a bigger one, as I think I read these are 1/4" shank. Harbor Freight sells one that goes that big. 4 bolts -I ordered these based on the Ford part # - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085MY7J6B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No ETA on the rivets yet (ordered Friday), so I can't report back yet.
I ordered those fasteners too. I still need a rivet gun.

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I read somewhere that, you need a “Plastic Rivet” gun. Not sure if there is any difference between a regular one and one designed for plastic rivets.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
OP
OP
rcsracing

rcsracing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP #1859
I read somewhere that, you need a “Plastic Rivet” gun. Not sure if there is any difference between a regular one and one designed for plastic rivets.
People on here seem to have luck with ones from Harbor Freight. Most metal focused guns have a much smaller shank. 1/4” is big in the rivet world and would be difficult to shear in AL. In plastic, much easier. I plan to get the one from HF that has big enough capacity.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
FYI guys, I don't think the instructions match up perfectly. I only had 10 screws on mine. I worked on my splitter this morning and only found two black screws in the belly pan part of the original splitter. There's only 10 screw holes total. I checked both sides thoroughly. There's not another place for two additional screws. Even with 10 installed, this splitter is going no where even without the rivets. I still plan an putting the rivets in.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Bought the Harbor Freight rivet tool I posted above. Just waiting on the rivets to come in.
Sponsored