OP
OP
daniel_94kg

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
Op at your power level with a stick I'm surprised you were running stock shafts, not only that you went and got a 2nd set! Is money tight now or are you just procrastinating?
I was just putting it off. The guy who gave me a tow had the stock set from his car so I just threw one on to get the car back on the road for next to nothing and an hour of my time. I'm upgrading them along with more of the suspension now. Ordering the parts this week
Sponsored

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
didnt know you were back in the area.
What else have ya done to the ole girl besides breaking half shafts?

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
on torsional stiffness, hallow tube of same mass will be stronger than solid tube of same mass. at same radius, solid is slightly stronger but much heavier. I think just made it just thick enough for the job and left internal hallow for weight saving and later came back and filled it with foam for NVH.

OP
OP
daniel_94kg

daniel_94kg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 5.0
didnt know you were back in the area.
What else have ya done to the ole girl besides breaking half shafts?
I've been back for a few months. I've just been breaking shit. Nothing upgraded on the S550 for a while since i was converting that Foxbody, which is done and ran a 12.79 at 109 the day before I broke this one, on street tires, 4 cylinder suspension, carbureted engine and a junkyard 3.08 rear lol. My goal is to get that thing into the 11s which shouldn't take much at all.

Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Have my DSS half shafts for over 2 years and no problems..
mine have been driven over 14,000 miles since last year, no issues as well.

mm2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
You should get the nitrogen filled half shafts.
Does this give you a nice 'pop' when you break them? Lol Or am I missing something here?

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
There were issues with the ford half shafts and bolts backing out as well when they first came out. I had the bolts back out on one of my DSS 1400HP shaft in the first 500 miles but the new one and the other side have been fine for 5000 miles. I would go with the shafts you can get for the best deal. I think the issue with bolts backing out is over.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
There were issues with the ford half shafts and bolts backing out as well when they first came out. I had the bolts back out on one of my DSS 1400HP shaft in the first 500 miles but the new one and the other side have been fine for 5000 miles. I would go with the shafts you can get for the best deal. I think the issue with bolts backing out is over.
bought mine july of last year, 13k miles and 0 issues.
Sponsored