Sponsored

(Hagerty) Supra vs Mach 1 vs 400Z

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The front end of the Mustang appears to dip between gear changes at the 1min, 14 sec mark, looks similar to a manual car for a brief second or so. Likely just uneven track surface.
Manual paddle shifting most likely and thinking it is a PDK and shifting to late before it hits the limiter....ask me how I know šŸ¤£
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Manual paddle shifting most likely and thinking it is a PDK and shifting to late before it hits the limiter....ask me how I know šŸ¤£
well he did say "when the Ford transmission stopped being stupid"

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
well he did say "when the Ford transmission stopped being stupid"
Haha yes!

Car is the quickest in drag mode, advance trac fully off and shifter in D-mode at least on the GT

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, if you tuned a Whipple on the Mach it would be a completely different race /s

All three of these cars are awesome, honestly I ended up with the Mach because I truly need the rear seats for my kids. I'm glad there are so many good options for ~$50k out there right now (and the ecobeast and GR86 for ~$30k)
Rear seats are nice in a pinch and I couldn't agree more about there being good options right now, just need the inventory to return. :)

Itā€™s recent. But no that cost does not include a TCU, thatā€™s another 1,000 šŸ˜‚
Wow, $4800 for both tunes is GTR money...the results speak for themselves though. Enjoy!

OP
OP
2JZ LOL

2JZ LOL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2021 MKV Supra
Yes, if you tuned a Whipple on the Mach it would be a completely different race /s
That wouldnā€™t be fair at all.

But Iā€™ve seen fbo Supraā€™s beat stock gt500s so Iā€™m assuming big turbo will kill a whipple

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
That wouldnā€™t be fair at all.

But Iā€™ve seen fbo Supraā€™s beat stock gt500s so Iā€™m assuming big turbo will kill a whipple
If true, I'm guessing it was mostly about the weight difference and traction. I've seen a stock C8 beat a stock GT500 on an unprepped surface. No turbo needed.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
That get you the TCU also? I thought I remember reading they just unlocked the supra trans recently.
this sounds like a video game or something. "let's give them the car but then they have to pay more money to unlock full functionality and features..." :facepalm:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
this sounds like a video game or something. "let's give them the car but then they have to pay more money to unlock full functionality and features..." :facepalm:
it's called Free-mium.

Doolin64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT convertible
To bad the Z doesn't sound good. Just like the BRZ/Gr86. I was shocked how quick the Supra was.

Sponsored

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
It looks like a pretty nice option. It'd still be my last choice in this lineup. I think the sport version is where it really shines. I'd take it over a base GT.

It worries me a little that Nissan isn't publishing performance numbers of their own. Its just weird for a performance car and makes me wonder what they are trying to hide. Like is it really variable and they don't want to risk a lawsuit over trying to match the competition?

The other track reviews seem to like it though. They say its a ton better than the out going 370z. I don't think its turning quicker laptimes than either the supra or the mach 1.

I also don't think it really makes more power than the supra. They dyno really high like all BMWs. Nissan is known for stretching the truth with dyno numbers.

Anyhow, unless you want the 40k one I can't see people picking it at the 50k mark unless they just have a thing for Zs.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.

RTR077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT RTR Spec 1
My last car was a Q60 Red Sport with the same engine as the new Z. Its quick, but there is turbo lag, and well, way too civilized. Sorry to say that the the design looks like a retro mess to me. Dated before it even shows up. That said, I bet the build quality and interior quality is better than our beastly Mustangs.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Its cool but Iā€™d take the Supra over the 400z

65k+ for a Mach 1 TP
Not me, Iā€™d spend 75k and get a C8
Sponsored