Had to replace a RIM, FOOSE Legend 20x8.5 $440, but happy with end result

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
A couple of weeks ago I was driving to a Sunday morning car show and hit a huge bump in the road (man made by the paving company with no warning sign).
I had Custom Caliper Covers GT/CS on and when I hit the bump, the cover broke loose and threw it out onto the street. I went on to the show and decided it was time to paint the Calipers instead of the covers.
I ordered paint and it came from Amazon before the next weekend, I hadn't driven the car since that Sunday and the following Friday when I took the front tire and rim off I discovered the rim was TOAST!
Off to Discount Tire to order a new rim. Since I had to wait a few days(Thanksgiving Holiday) I went ahead and painted the Calipers on the Front. I put back the original rims so I could drive it.

Finally new rim came and the finished product looks great!
I'll do the back calipers in a few weeks when I get some time off, each paint job takes 3 to 4 hours, if you take your time(prep, several coats of primer, letting it dry, several coats of red, letting it dry, apply sticker, several coats of Clear.

gtCSbrembo.jpg
damageRim.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
BEERCHAMP

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Rear Caliper covers, painting the calipers
Old rims just don't do this car justice- sorry GT/CS fans

100_5821.JPG

100_5822.JPG

100_5823.JPG

100_5824.JPG

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Everything about this hurt my brain. I was trying to figure out why you said you only did the fronts, then the follow up pics of red rears...then noticed you already had Xmas cause your living in the future. My brain started working again and I figured it out...(covers) didn't read that part lol

Nice job on painting the calipers looks great. My head still hurts though