Sponsored

Had enough of aftermarket CAI & HIGH IAT's. So here's my fix.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
The weather has been so erratic lately it' s hard to tell.
Sponsored

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Where is your time slip Loser? lol. You wonder why you get trolled when you troll almost every A10 thread. Get a life...

Here you go pumpkin...

ABB4A2EF-C3C9-4450-A9C1-906BA237C078.jpeg

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
My stock airbox gets me +6f over ambient, in Florida heat.

Sponsored

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
you won't need your plexi glass after you get the velossatech

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I wish steeda would move the MAF sensor placement so the CAI will work with flex tunes.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. After a whole year of testing/note taking/track testing, I came to the conclusion what I was doing was wrong with the PMAS.
  • Insulating the air pipe in fact, retains heat much more than no insulation. So it's removed
  • The PMAS gen 2 heat shield is absolute garbage to keep any sort of engine heat out. So I used my old JLT airbox.
  • The airbox absolutely needs access to the open area beside & below the drivers headlight. So I cut that area out of the JLT air box, retained the air intake feed from the grill
  • The airbox needs to be sealed to the hood, front, back, & engine side. Fender side it does not
  • The airbox needs reflective 4mm thick insulation on the engine/radiator side
In this configuration IAT is as good as it's gonna get. 1-10F (speed dependent) above ambient when cruising. IAT slow to rise waiting at a light, about 1f every 20 seconds . Burnout, stage, tree, go it raises about 20f. Near stock airbox IAT temps. Cools down much faster than stock however. Cheers.

Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. After a whole year of testing/note taking/track testing, I came to the conclusion what I was doing was wrong with the PMAS.
  • Insulating the air pipe in fact, retains heat much more than no insulation. So it's removed
  • The PMAS gen 2 heat shield is absolute garbage to keep any sort of engine heat out. So I used my old JLT airbox.
  • The airbox absolutely needs access to the open area beside & below the drivers headlight. So I cut that area out of the JLT air box, retained the air intake feed from the grill
  • The airbox needs to be sealed to the hood, front, back, & engine side. Fender side it does not
  • The airbox needs reflective 4mm thick insulation on the engine/radiator side
In this configuration IAT is as good as it's gonna get. 1-10F (speed dependent) above ambient when cruising. IAT slow to rise waiting at a light, about 1f every 20 seconds . Burnout, stage, tree, go it raises about 20f. Near stock airbox IAT temps. Cools down much faster than stock however. Cheers.
Not sure if you have seen this, but on the various Facebook groups, the owner of PMAS has shared redesign photos of the PMAS setup that will now run the filter into the fender and include a totally closed off shroud on the engine side. He is also designing it so it can be a lower cost upgrade for current PMAS users to change to the new design. It is supposed to be available later this summer.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if you have seen this, but on the various Facebook groups, the owner of PMAS has shared redesign photos of the PMAS setup that will now run the filter into the fender and include a totally closed off shroud on the engine side. He is also designing it so it can be a lower cost upgrade for current PMAS users to change to the new design. It is supposed to be available later this summer.
I went on and looked at the pics, that's a good idea. I've wondered why they didn't do that to begin with. Should be a great upgrade.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if you have seen this, but on the various Facebook groups, the owner of PMAS has shared redesign photos of the PMAS setup that will now run the filter into the fender and include a totally closed off shroud on the engine side.
Had to go look. Interesting. Personally I prefer a short ram intake. But if it's not to stupid expensive I'd buy one 'just to see'.
174452786_10119348096381574_8608080056600433868_n.jpg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The airbox absolutely needs access to the open area beside & below the drivers headlight. So I cut that area out of the JLT air box, retained the air intake feed from the grill
the intake snorkel to the grill is demonstrably restrictive?

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
the intake snorkel to the grill is demonstrably restrictive?
IMO with the PMAS and a semi closed box, 109% restrictive. Even with the grill opened up.
Sponsored