Sponsored

Had an interesting morning. Tried to look at a GT500

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
So like most mustang owners, I appreciate all mustangs of various years and makes. For a while now I’ve been wanting to see a GT500 CFTP in person. Today I happened to notice that my closest dealer just had one arrive so I decide to take a look before going to work. Gives me a good reason to take the GT350R out for a nice morning drive.

I pass the showroom windows I don’t see it on the floor, oh well. As Im about to leave I see it sitting outside the prep shop right next to the road. It looks like it just came off the truck but it is beautiful. I park the car and walk over to take a look. Now ill say that I treat everyone’s car with respect and I never touch someone’s car without their direct permission and that applies to this situation as well. Im keeping my distance and taking it all in as this is the first one Ive seen in off a computer. Im there no more than a minute and an employee drives up and says I can’t be near the car. Ok, im not touching it as you can see but ok I really cant argue with him. So I start to walk away and he starts to drive off into the prep shop. I turn and take a picture as im walking back to my car and the same guy stops abruptly and jumps out of the car.

“No pictures!” I turn to him and say. “Are you Serious?”, “This thing is parked right next to a public road and this isn’t Russia.” “We don’t want any pictures of this car.” He says. “You do know that this thing is listed on your website right?” I reply. I walk back to my car and turn to say “This is why I don’t buy my cars here.” climb in and drive off. so much for my first GT500 viewing experience.

Fullerton Ford, this ones for you.

https://www.fullertonford.com/new-Somerville-2020-Ford-Mustang-Shelby+GT500-1FA6P8SJ5L5501859

IMG_6698.jpg

Capture.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited:

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Wimbledon White Heritage Edition
Good place not to buy a car. The employee was insulting to say the least.

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I'll bet they don't want to put it on the books in their inventory for a while or something. I swear sometimes it seems like the small dealers are cooking the books to show sales that didn't happen. The carfax for my new 2020 GT350 shows it was sold twice between dealerships before I actually bought it. Shenanigans to make sales quotas I guess. Still doesn't excuse that guys behavior and just advances the car salesman stereotype.

OP
OP
nmp1

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll bet they don't want to put it on the books in their inventory for a while or something. I swear sometimes it seems like the small dealers are cooking the books to show sales that didn't happen. The carfax for my new 2020 GT350 shows it was sold twice between dealerships before I actually bought it. Shenanigans to make sales quotas I guess. Still doesn't excuse that guys behavior and just advances the car salesman stereotype.
It was already listed on their website. That’s how I found it. I put the link above. My 350r was also traded between dealers.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
What a meathead.
Totally agreed that the attitude of that specific employee was ridiculous and suggest that it would not have been pretty if I had been there listening to his garbage.

Having said that it is my understanding that this 2 seat CFTP was an ordered car for a good customer and sold at MSRP but again no excuse for the attitude of the employee in question.:facepalm:

bullitt5566

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lighning Blue GT350 2010 Blue Flame Raptor 2001 True Blue Bullitt
They'll put a ridiculous adm on it and let it sit on the showroom to draw attention.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So what’s the secrecy in an ordinary GT500 being seen in public AND someone taking a pic of said vehicle? The window decal clearly says “Retail”....

Go post it on their Facecrap and Instacrap pages - lets see the reactions to this highly secretive GT500 that no one outside of their Dealership can take pics of, but yet they have posted pics online for millions of people to see... LMFAO.

I would have taken as many pics of it that you wanted, what’s he gonna do, push you off the property? Should have taken a pic of him too..

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Thankfully not all small dealers are shady like that. I bought my 350 from a tiny dealer in Roanoke Illinois, so small that their showroom only has enough space for two vehicles. They were honest and fair. They treated me with respect. In fact I wish dealers of any make near my home (I live in CA) would be as great.

Sponsored
OP
OP
nmp1

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what’s the secrecy in an ordinary GT500 being seen in public AND someone taking a pic of said vehicle? The window decal clearly says “Retail”....

Go post it on their Facecrap and Instacrap pages - lets see the reactions to this highly secretive GT500 that no one outside of their Dealership can take pics of, but yet they have posted pics online for millions of people to see... LMFAO.

I would have taken as many pics of it that you wanted, what’s he gonna do, push you off the property? Should have taken a pic of him too..
Oh I was about to but this guy was heated. Like angry heated. He walked up to me pretty fast and due to a certain type of training I have I didn’t want this to escalate to physical as he was not in the best of shape and I would probably end up the bad guy even if he started it.

you can see in the reflection an explorer to the left. That’s where he stormed over from.

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
So like most mustang owners, I appreciate all mustangs of various years and makes. For a while now I’ve been wanting to see a GT500 CFTP in person. Today I happened to notice that my closest dealer just had one arrive so I decide to take a look before going to work. Gives me a good reason to take the GT350R out for a nice morning drive.

I pass the showroom windows I don’t see it on the floor, oh well. As Im about to leave I see it sitting outside the prep shop right next to the road. It looks like it just came off the truck but it is beautiful. I park the car and walk over to take a look. Now ill say that I treat everyone’s car with respect and I never touch someone’s car without their direct permission and that applies to this situation as well. Im keeping my distance and taking it all in as this is the first one Ive seen in off a computer. Im their no more than a minute and an employee drives up and says I can’t be near the car. Ok, im not touching it as you can see but ok I really cant argue with him. So I start to walk away and he starts to drive off into the prep shop. I turn and take a picture as im walking back to my car and the same guy stops abruptly and jumps out of the car.

“No pictures!” I turn to him and say. “Are you Serious?”, “This thing is parked right next to a public road and this isn’t Russia.” “We don’t want any pictures of this car.” He says. “You do know that this thing is listed on your website right?” I reply. I walk back to my car and turn to say “This I why I don’t buy my cars here.” climb in and drive off. so much for my first GT500 viewing experience.

Fullerton Ford, this ones for you.

https://www.fullertonford.com/new-Somerville-2020-Ford-Mustang-Shelby+GT500-1FA6P8SJ5L5501859

IMG_6698.jpg

Capture.PNG
$105K for a Mustang !! WOW !!!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
They'll put a ridiculous adm on it and let it sit on the showroom to draw attention.
As I mentioned earlier this is a presold CFTP car and was sold to an existing customer at MSRP.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
$105K for a Mustang !! WOW !!!
With the $10,000 painted stripe option it does not take long to get up there.

If that painted stripe option was available for the HEP R's our cars would be at ~$90,000.
Sponsored