Had an interesting morning. Tried to look at a GT500

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
So like most mustang owners, I appreciate all mustangs of various years and makes. For a while now I’ve been wanting to see a GT500 CFTP in person. Today I happened to notice that my closest dealer just had one arrive so I decide to take a look before going to work. Gives me a good reason to take the GT350R out for a nice morning drive.

I pass the showroom windows I don’t see it on the floor, oh well. As Im about to leave I see it sitting outside the prep shop right next to the road. It looks like it just came off the truck but it is beautiful. I park the car and walk over to take a look. Now ill say that I treat everyone’s car with respect and I never touch someone’s car without their direct permission and that applies to this situation as well. Im keeping my distance and taking it all in as this is the first one Ive seen in off a computer. Im there no more than a minute and an employee drives up and says I can’t be near the car. Ok, im not touching it as you can see but ok I really cant argue with him. So I start to walk away and he starts to drive off into the prep shop. I turn and take a picture as im walking back to my car and the same guy stops abruptly and jumps out of the car.

“No pictures!” I turn to him and say. “Are you Serious?”, “This thing is parked right next to a public road and this isn’t Russia.” “We don’t want any pictures of this car.” He says. “You do know that this thing is listed on your website right?” I reply. I walk back to my car and turn to say “This is why I don’t buy my cars here.” climb in and drive off. so much for my first GT500 viewing experience.

Fullerton Ford, this ones for you.

https://www.fullertonford.com/new-Somerville-2020-Ford-Mustang-Shelby+GT500-1FA6P8SJ5L5501859

IMG_6698.jpg

Capture.PNG
Very close to me - I haven't seen one yet either, guess I'll have to check it out!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Are you sure it wasn't this guy???

Joseph certainly looks like he might have it in him, although Fred is looking a little guilty.....

the lineup.jpg

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Post up your photo, let’s see what kind of demeanor you present. This is pretty messed up.

Are you sure it wasn't this guy???

Joseph certainly looks like he might have it in him, although Fred is looking a little guilty.....

the lineup.jpg

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Post up your photo, let’s see what kind of demeanor you present. This is pretty messed up.
I would look more like Joe as opposed to Fred. However if I was in a sales based business, my photo wouldn't be posted anywhere on a forum because I wouldn't be chasing a potential customer off the property who wanted to look, maybe buy, a GT500CFTP. In fact, I offered to let the OP drive my CFTP, and I don't even know him.

What's messed up is the fact that Joey bag of donuts and the crew from Jersey got downright rude with a potential customer.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I don't pay retail for cars, never have and never will. That being said, I won't pay Additional Dealer Markup to some car peddler for the privilege of buying a car from him. That might be the rarest car in Jersey, but there are 40 of them on car lots everywhere else. They are selling a car..................................not THE car.
I don't think that is correct. You don't find these sitting on lots. They might be right off the truck physically sitting on a lot, but they are all pretty much sold, and sold a long time ago. Websites are inaccurate as well. Every CFTP that my dealership was getting in all were on the website and appeared to be for sale. I asked them to remove my car from the website and was told "don't worry, its yours, we keep it on the website because it brings people in and sells cars"

I respect the fact that you won't pay a markup, and that is your business. Just don't think you can drive to a dealership and find one on a lot for sale. If you did, it would be very very rare.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't think that is correct. You don't find these sitting on lots. They might be right off the truck physically sitting on a lot, but they are all pretty much sold, and sold a long time ago. Websites are inaccurate as well. Every CFTP that my dealership was getting in all were on the website and appeared to be for sale. I asked them to remove my car from the website and was told "don't worry, its yours, we keep it on the website because it brings people in and sells cars"

I respect the fact that you won't pay a markup, and that is your business. Just don't think you can drive to a dealership and find one on a lot for sale. If you did, it would be very very rare.
100% right. Financially it's great to pay less than MSRP and never pay an ADM, but in fact what that means is you won't be driving the latest and greatest cars. And some cars you may never get to drive with that philosophy.

Jostrom8021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, Rapid Red Metallic, black stripes, Silver pin stripes, 2000 GT convertible
Thankfully not all small dealers are shady like that. I bought my 350 from a tiny dealer in Roanoke Illinois, so small that their showroom only has enough space for two vehicles. They were honest and fair. They treated me with respect. In fact I wish dealers of any make near my home (I live in CA) would be as great.
I was treated very well by my dealership in DeLand FL. Several of my club member buddies have bought from there. Low ADM was the key for me.

Sponsored

blueboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
For what is worth I have purchased quite a few vehicles from Fullerton, including 4 Shelbys. Never had an issue.

The building that the car is next to is the Chrysler sales/service building. Let’s blame it on the Mopar boys. That behavior certainly was unneeded !

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
agreed - they may want $50K ADM...
There's one in Cali that has $100,000ADM but wait it's the " golden ticket " track pack with painted stripes
yes yes I'll bite!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't buy any of my cars in NJ. The prices are generally offensive.
you haven't seen California apparently...

The sales guy was probably a Covid mask salesman at CVS a couple months ago, and he got used to slapping away the hands of the filthy unwashed breathing on the display case and infecting all the precious masks listed at 600% markup. 50k ADM is a mere 80% markup so he should have been totally nonchalant about the car.
Sponsored