2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody ever watch these guys clean a car? I saw them this week in London, no snow foam before putting the mitts on the car. Didn't wash the wheels first. The best was taking the mitt from the bottom of the car and putting it up top! I cannot imagine how many swirl marks they put in cars w/o PPF. Unreal.
H20 Car Valeting | The UK’s Number 1 Car Valeting Service
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately I don't trust many (any ?) operations like that.

There could be some guys there that are really good, but what's to say your car doesn't guy the guy who's on a bad day and just cant give a crap ? Any large operation will typically have a people from both ends of the scale ...

I'm even sceptical of websites like they have that show few pictures, but with the same car appearing on a large proportion of them (white jag - probably the owners or a good friend of the owners lol) and also host what appears to be photoshopped pictures with levitating cars (I have removed the company branding from the top of the picture) ?

1642756592263.png

Are these the guys that 'potentially' nuked your rear brakes ?

WD :like:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ditto. Supermarket and shopping centre car parks are a big no no for me, the thought even sends shivers down my spine!

Even your regular "hand car wash" are a no go for me. Even if they are charging ~20 for a wash, and following good practice, their equipment at worst has touched a dozen cars before yours, and they are in it for speed and efficiency which is the opposite of what you want for well maintained paint.

If I was going for a regular wash and paying someone else to do it, I'd feel uncomfortable paying less than £40 as I know what goes into it. Not sure how this h2o place justifies £58 for a basic wash?!

Lucky for me, I have all the kit and enjoy the process. Bit cold at the mo though

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lucky for me, I have all the kit and enjoy the process. Bit cold at the mo though
Ditto.

I'm also taking steps to fix the cold bit - when I can get my arse in gear I'm going to add a second outdoor tap, using the (unused) hot water feed from the washing machine to save me carrying my buckets through the house to fill them :like:

As a bonus, I can run my feet under it too to warm them up (I always wear crocs when I'm washing the cars :giggle:)

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

There could be some guys there that are really good, but what's to say your car doesn't guy the guy who's on a bad day and just cant give a crap ? Any large operation will typically have a people from both ends of the scale ...

I'm even sceptical of websites like they have that show few pictures, but with the same car appearing on a large proportion of them (white jag - probably the owners or a good friend of the owners lol) and also host what appears to be photoshopped pictures with levitating cars (I have removed the company branding from the top of the picture) ?

1642756592263.png

Are these the guys that 'potentially' nuked your rear brakes ?

No, they did not work on me car. I love how the picture is a white car, to hide all the swirl marks LOL

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
This is it until I can get a replacement reel (maybe I will have the balls to ask for one for Valentine’s Day :giggle:) as there’s no way I’m winding new hose onto the old faded reel :

1643038065293.jpeg

The old reel has actually lasted really well, over twenty years and it's seen out three hoses.

The new stuff is all brass and stainless. I went for 1/4 turn ball valve taps for speed of use and their flow capability :

1643038199597.jpeg

I've no restriction in the pipework either, they are connected properly (cold is all soldered copper, the hot isn't quite as good using the unused hot washing machine feed) and not on the typical garden tap quick tap things :like:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
i bought some brass hose fittings for the outside tap here, they just didn't snap fully into place so I went back to plastic versions. Annoying as the brass looks much better
Sponsored