Sponsored

Gun owners living in pro-gun States (They Agree with the 2nd Amendment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
This one is right up there with "All anti-gun advocates want to abolish the 2nd amendment". First off being for gun control does not mean being anti gun. Being for gun control has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the repeal of the 2nd amendment. This is all NRA BS. Has been for years. Just put it out there that somebody, anybody wants to take away your 2nd amendment rights and gun owners go batshit.

So let's see who wants to take away your 2nd amendment rights
Pres. Clinton - No
Pres. Obama - No
Hillary Clinton - No
Joe Biden - No
Nancy Pelosi - No
Chuck Schumer - No

So exactly who is the NRA afraid of? No one. But they are not telling their membership that. Why? Because it behooves the organization to get every gun loving person in the country to go up against the Big Blue Machine.

I learned a lot about gun rights when I moved from NJ to SC three years ago. The cultures between the two states are 180 degrees apart. I've learned that the vast majority of gun owners are good decent people who own guns here in SC the way folks in NJ own golf clubs.

That said, yes I believe that in today's insane society there need to be some safeguards. Maybe we really need to look at regulating military weapons in some form. Maybe we find a better way to insure the good folks get the guns they want and the one shooting up our schools, business, houses of worship and shopping malls don't. All this can be done without touching the 2nd amendment. People just want it to happen.

And finally, yes this is me. I'm one of you.

Ira at 707.jpg

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This one is right up there with "All anti-gun advocates want to abolish the 2nd amendment". First off being for gun control does not mean being anti gun. Being for gun control has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the repeal of the 2nd amendment. This is all NRA BS. Has been for years. Just put it out there that somebody, anybody wants to take away your 2nd amendment rights and gun owners go batshit.

So let's see who wants to take away your 2nd amendment rights
Pres. Clinton - No
Pres. Obama - No
Hillary Clinton - No
Joe Biden - No
Nancy Pelosi - No
Chuck Schumer - No

So exactly who is the NRA afraid of? No one. But they are not telling their membership that. Why? Because it behooves the organization to get every gun loving person in the country to go up against the Big Blue Machine.

I learned a lot about gun rights when I moved from NJ to SC three years ago. The cultures between the two states are 180 degrees apart. I've learned that the vast majority of gun owners are good decent people who own guns here in SC the way folks in NJ own golf clubs.

That said, yes I believe that in today's insane society there need to be some safeguards. Maybe we really need to look at regulating military weapons in some form. Maybe we find a better way to insure the good folks get the guns they want and the one shooting up our schools, business, houses of worship and shopping malls don't. All this can be done without touching the 2nd amendment. People just want it to happen.

And finally, yes this is me. I'm one of you.

Ira at 707.jpg
no you arent.

Maybe we really need to look at regulating military weapons in some form. All this can be done without touching the 2nd amendment.
these two statements contradict each other.

Sponsored

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
Being for gun control has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the repeal of the 2nd amendment. This is all NRA BS.

Hillary Clinton - No
Joe Biden - No
Nancy Pelosi - No
Chuck Schumer - No
Ira at 707.jpg
Biden, Pelosi, Chuck definitely want to take our guns, that’s a fact.

Who wants to take away our guns you ask? Have you not been paying attention to the 2020 democratic presidential hopefuls. They ALL want to take our guns away, Francis was the only idiot who said the quiet part out loud.

Assault weapons = all guns
Universal background checks = preliminary roster to initiate forced gun confiscations and night raids

you can’t be serious. The entire Democratic Party platform is for removing all guns right now. The reasons are even more stupid. They say rifles, which don’t kill hardly anyone statistically, and when you tell them that most deaths are from handguns, they say “oh yes, those are next”.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
no you arent.
Smart comment. A gun owner is a gun owner, period.

these two statements contradict each other.
No they are not. Regulation is not repealing. You can shout fire in a public place. That doesn't mean your 1st amendment rights have been repealed.

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I must have read the scenario wrong, the scenario I was stating was someone breaking into your car, or already inside your car with your things or inside your house with your stuff. The link you provided has a different scenario with the person just looking around outside in your yard (which is very different) and someone already with your stuff fleeing the scene and not a threat anymore.

those are very different situations sir.

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Biden, Pelosi, Chuck definitely want to take our guns, that’s a fact.

Who wants to take away our guns you ask? Have you not been paying attention to the 2020 democratic presidential hopefuls. They ALL want to take our guns away, Francis was the only idiot who said the quiet part out loud.

Assault weapons = all guns
Universal background checks = preliminary roster to initiate forced gun confiscations and night raids

you can’t be serious. The entire Democratic Party platform is for removing all guns right now. The reasons are even more stupid. They say rifles, which don’t kill hardly anyone statistically, and when you tell them that most deaths are from handguns, they say “oh yes, those are next”.
That's what you're told so that's what you think. So show me a quote from any of the folks that I mentioned that say they want to repeal the 2nd amendment and want to ban all guns.

You sound like a NRA ad. The Democratic Party platform does not have anything about repealing the 2nd amendment in it. Honestly this is just stupid. Do you even know what it takes to get an amendment repealed? If you did you would know all of this is BS. It would be virtually impossible to repeal it. It requires the states to do it. Not the president, or congress. It will never happen. Nor do I want it too.

Assault weapons are not "all" guns. Fully automatic weapons are assault weapons and they are banned.

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Assault weapons are not "all" guns. Fully automatic weapons are assault weapons and they are banned.
no they arent. they are taxed.

also. all weapons are military weapons or are derived from military weapons.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I must have read the scenario wrong, the scenario I was stating was someone breaking into your car, or already inside your car with your things or inside your house with your stuff. The link you provided has a different scenario with the person just looking around outside in your yard (which is very different) and someone already with your stuff fleeing the scene and not a threat anymore.

those are very different situations sir.
I do not disagree. There are certainly variables involved. But you better be able to prove that "deadly"force was necessary. If you can't, you're going to be in trouble.

Texas Penal Code Section 9.41 explains that a person is allowed to use force, but not deadly force, to terminate a mere trespass or interference with property.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
no they arent. they are taxed.

also. all weapons are military weapons or are derived from military weapons.
I'll admit, you are really good at twisting words. All weapons are not military weapons. There is a big difference be between a Winchester 94 and an AR-15

Phoenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll admit, you are really good at twisting words. All weapons are not military weapons. There is a big difference be between a Winchester 94 and an AR-15
winchester 94 were used in WWI and WWII. the AR-15 was not used in war. "weapons that operate similarly" were used in war, yes. much like lever action firearms (such as the winchester 94) were used in war.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.