Sponsored

Gun owners living in pro-gun States (They Agree with the 2nd Amendment)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
....Why do you have your guns? Do you just enjoy shooting or just owning a the weapon? Or do you genuinely feel the need for some form of protection?.
I own several guns for all three reasons:
1) I enjoy going to the range and shooting holes in paper targets.
2) I enjoy "collecting" older revolvers and older lever action rifles. Those are all hand-built guns that were made before and after WW2 when people took pride in their workmanship.
3) Protection:
Great Britain sent it's military over here to kill us if we didn't pay taxes (The Stamp Act) that their King ordered. It was called Taxation without Representation. You may have read about it.

We won the American Revolutionary War and formed out government with what is called the United States Constitution. The Second Amendment of our Constitution grants us The Right to Bear Arms.

We still support The Queen and her people. In 1940, we first loaned supplies to keep the British people from Hitler and the Nazi's. We eventually freed all of Europe of Nazi rule in 1945 with our guns.

gw2.jpg
Sponsored

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Folks as someone that lives over the pond and just watches all the confrontation regarding gun ownership etc with bemusement. Can I just ask a simple question, without judgement or prejudice? Why do you have your guns? Do you just enjoy shooting or just owning a the weapon? Or do you genuinely feel the need for some form of protection?

First, I will tell you I believe in walking away or de-escalating events. Human life is sacred. But when threatened without a way out, I act decisively and to remove the threat. No disrespect to LEO's.....but the average 911 call takes 10+ minutes for them to respond.

I am a firearms owner. I target shoot and hunt and used my skills while in the military. I've had two altercations with people. Once while carrying. Much larger person then me with three others in van with him. Came to a stop and he started to exit his van. I beat him to it and inserted my .45 into his left nostril gaining his attention and keeping his three friends at bay. Police arrived and sorted it out, arrested him and friends and I was on my way. This was an unprovoked incident as all I did was use my car horn to avoid them running into me.

2nd incident and now older and slower. Young stud cut me off while driving home. At first thought it was a random event until I noticed he is now behind me and following me. I looped my neighborhood several times. He then tried to force me off the road and threw a beer bottle at the car bouncing it off the roof. I then went home with him in tow, opened the garage and pulled out my hickory Axe handle. He then backed off and then again tried to hit me with his car. Hickory axe handles are hard and quickly dispatched various windows and siding of car. Got description and license. Called 911 and yes police arrived 10+ minutes after event. Turns out he was one bad dude and later arrested. LEO not happy when I told him if he stepped on my property or home, haste was not necessary but rather just call the coroner. After taking report and checking my background, positioned car in front of my home until arrested the person.

I have a friend who was ex Ranger/Delta and when he came to visit us in the UK, we were sat at a music festival enjoying a drink when he admitted he had never felt so uneasy at not having his gun on him.

Interesting statement. Not all feel this way. Folks with this background and training become very good at reading situation and steering clear of issues. But again, when provoked without a way out are trained to act decisively and neutralize the threat. Use of firearm is last resort in defense. I have a tremendous amounts of rounds down range and don't miss. Know the safety of my family and me comes first and will use appropriate force with maintaining this safety.

Genuinely interested in your thoughts on this.
Just some comments from an old dude and believes in our citizens rights to keep and bear arms.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to add another reason to be protected:

It was the War of Northern Aggression when the Yankees and Grant ran down here and burned the entire City of Atlanta.This terrorist ran his army in a sweep of death and complete destruction from Chattanooga through Atlanta to Savannah.

That will never happen again.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
I'd like to add another reason to be protected:

It was the War of Northern Aggression when the Yankees and Grant ran down here and burned the entire City of Atlanta.This terrorist ran his army in a sweep of death and complete destruction from Chattanooga through Atlanta to Savannah.
The plan name was called the Anaconda Plan devised by General Winfield Scott. It was a combined effort to break apart the confederate states and blockage sea access. In essence, it starved them of there ability to continue to fight.

Initially, Grant drove south from Illinois through Western Kentucky and Tennessee. Sherman picked it up and split the Confederacy marching through Atlanta to Savanah. Grant broke Vicksburg and then took over combined command of Union forces ultimately defeating Lee and with it ended the Civil War.

Terrorists? A fact of history is the victors write the history books.

Sponsored

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
The plan name was called the Anaconda Plan devised by General Winfield Scott...
I call it the War of Northern Aggression. Grant and his liberal followers raped our women and tried to kill the rest of us.

And people wonder why we support the Second Amendment?

I think you northern liberals owe us some monetary cash money for what you did to us. My family and I have struggled constantly since you attacked us. We still struggle to pay our bills. We will demand that you pay for our college expenses as well as food and housing.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I call it the War of Northern Aggression. Grant and his liberal followers raped our women and tried to kill the rest of us.

I think you northern liberals owe us some monetary cash money for what you did to us. My family and I have struggled constantly since you attacked us. We still struggle to pay our bills. We will demand that you pay for our college expenses as well as food and housing.
I'm part native American I want reparation money to.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)

Collect your money from Al Sharpton and the likes. Call me liberal, that is funny. Notice you seem to be doing okay from your moniker. Nice try on the baiting routine.

PS, the north won the war. It's over dude and time to move on. I like the victim play with struggling since 1865. That is classic...….Ha Ha Ha.

Sponsored

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
More appropriate the War over States rights. Sounds a lot like what we here today?

Why the south lost...…...hmm. Ultimately, they almost won as they had better leaders and soldiers. The Union had weaker military leaders in command of there armies until after Grant came on the scene. They lost because there economic foundation was agriculture vs. Industrial for the north and the norths larger population base.

They south simply could not sustain the losses in soldiers or manufacturer the arms and equipment needed to defeat the North. Grants nick-name was the bloody butcher due to heavy losses his armies had. Congress wanted his head on a chopping block. Lincoln intervened and said, yes, but he can fight and win.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Folks as someone that lives over the pond and just watches all the confrontation regarding gun ownership etc with bemusement. Can I just ask a simple question, without judgement or prejudice? Why do you have your guns? Do you just enjoy shooting or just owning a the weapon? Or do you genuinely feel the need for some form of protection?
I own guns for a few reasons. I was very anti gun until I joined the army back in 99. That changed my view a lot. But the main reason maybe 12 years ago when I lived in savannah ga I was robbed at knife point filling up my car at the time. Broad daylight and never seen it coming. It was more then just a lost wallet and a little cash, it took weeks to get everything renewed and back together. The fact that whom ever had it also had my address and other things. It was a eye opener. And if I carried back then it may not have happened. He never got extremely close, I may have had time to pull my firearm out instead of my wallet then. Back when I started to conceal carry I did carry iwb back there.. now appendix. But from then on I have it. I’ll admit I don’t carry it every where even though I should. But I think of it like insurance. I’d rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it again. To be clear I don’t walk around scared or feeling naked like some friends do without it. I carry more then I don’t.

also it’s fun to shoot at the range. I have a CCW (Walther PPQ SC) a “night stand” pistol (Walther PPQ M2) a very scary AR (Colt LE6920 with scary magpul accessories) and a Shotgun just in case because I wanted one.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
.... Call me liberal, that is funny. PS, the north won the war. It's over dude and time to move on. I like the victim play with struggling since 1865.
I was really kidding around with you on the liberal thing.

I got out of school when President Reagan lowered the tax rate. It may have been the greatest time in our economy The stock market exploded forward. .

Some folks may have been excluded. I say they didn't work as hard as I did.. I am a victim of of hard work and sacrifice.

I also carry at least one gun when riding around in my GT350. I have a license but Georgia is a Castle Law State (we got it from the Brits). It means that I can use deadly force to protect my property (home and car) as well as my family and business.

My gun licence means I can carry weapons (one on the waist and one in an ankle holster) away from my home and business Some States do not allow Castle Law. You need to know this stuff.

My main deal is a Colt 1911.45 ACP:
ColtGCT.jpg

My ankle holster is a S&W MP in 9mm:
Shield.jpg

B3NNL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 550 Black
Thanks for the responses folks, genuinely interested and not aiming to cast judgement at all. Here's another one for you then. If you could feel safe when out and about in your daily lives with little to no risk of being mugged/attacked, would you still want to carry your guns or would you be content with having them at home? Just to give you some perspective, I live in Somerset, UK. Famous for its Cider and strange accents (Google the Wurzels, no I don't dress like or even sound like that before anyone asks! ;-) ) The worst crime we have to deal with is people letting their dogs crap on the footpath and not clearing it up!

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
@95CobraR - Love the Gold Cup!

@B3NNL - I live in the People's Republic of Maryland, a liberal paradise including beautiful low crime Baltimore, so there's no need and very little ability to carry. If I had the legal ability I probably would, regardless of the circumstances. I enjoy shooting. I enjoy the mechanical precision. I hate gun cleaning. I see gun ownership and the 2nd Amendment as protectors of freedom and I'm happy to be a small part of it. I'm also very concerned that we're on the brink of some major infringement, but that's a topic for another discussion.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.