Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
The law is the law, period. Living in a free country has it's price. The asshole in Vegas could have driven a big rig into the crowd at that concert or any crowd for that matter. If someone is hell bent on killing people they will do it one way or the other. Some ass clown politician in the UK recently suggested that all knives should have some sort of GPS device embedded in them so they could be tracked.

Timothy Mcveigh slaughtered all them people with diesel fuel and fertilizer so give it a break lefties.
Well said. The UK is looking for ways to ban knives, they have bins everywhere to turn in knives. Bad people intent on killing will find anyway to do so... we'll ban those as well.
Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
This makes way too much sense and may prevent mass shootings in the future. The USA's strategy of thoughts and prayers is much more effective.
Chicago is a liberal haven of gun laws and rules, it's also one of the most gun violent cities in the country and their response is to write more gun laws that criminals laugh at. The liberal strategy of writing more laws and putting a no guns allowed sticker on a door has worked wonders. Rinse repeat, I know, lets ban guns in Chicago! Oh wait....

Citizens obey the gun laws and remain scared inside their homes as drive-by's, also illegal continue daily and they have no way to defend themselves except to call 911 to clean up the mess, but no worries, Democrats are currently screaming for banning guns and writing more laws in Chicago to cover the bans and laws that aren't working now so what could go wrong?

Banning booze worked out so well, we should go that route, make Democrats happy. Funny though that many Democrats so against guns got caught owning them. What laws they write for us, doesn't apply to them, funny that.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
This is how it's done south of the equator:

New Zealanders owning newly banned guns will have to surrender them to police in a buyback scheme similar to the one Australia introduced after the Port Arthur massacre.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced sweeping changes to New Zealand’s gun laws this afternoon.

All military-style weapons, all semi-automatic weapons and all devices that allow a firearm to generate semi-automatic, automatic or close to automatic gunfire will be banned effective immediately.

Ms Ardern said the buyback could cost the New Zealand government $200 million. She said changes to gun laws in New Zealand in 1983 and again in 1999, 2005 and 2012 “did not go far enough”.

“What we are banning today are the things that were used in last Friday’s attack,” Ms Ardern said.

“We must make (changes) to prevent an act of terror happening in our country ever again.”
This here is the difference between a subject and a citizen, a serf and a freeman. Turn your guns over, what do I care.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
This makes way too much sense and may prevent mass shootings in the future. The USA's strategy of thoughts and prayers is much more effective.
Feel free to put your safety and freedom in the hands of the government. We all have the freedom, currently, to make our own decisions. For myself and my family, I will provide safety and security. There is a big difference between the way someone from a large city (San Diego) and someone from the rural areas of the country (non metropolitan Michigan) thinks about things. Even law enforcement is pro gun and freedom around here, a few of my best friends are cops and shooting buddies. Our elected sheriff fully supports our 2nd amendment rights. Guns are not evil objects, people mishandling them are evil. We would all be a lot better off by banning crazy ass people. If they are intent on causing mayhem, they will find a way. Maybe if people could discuss issues rather than resorting to shouting and insults that would be a start. I'm a 2nd Amendment supporter and gun owner and I fully believe and support your right to have your opinion. Lets have a calm dialogue about how to fix the real problem.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Remember Switzerland, Israel and other countries where firearms ownership is mandated as part of self-defense. V/R
Switzerland does not mandate gun ownership for "self-defense." What's mandated is service for males. In the past, your weapon served as a "voter ID," because you had to serve to vote. And if you served you had a weapon. Although that requirement went away long long ago, the tradition was part of the reason/excuse women were not allowed to vote (last canton held out until 1991). So, weapons are allowed & issued to militia members for national defense vice self defense, and in this case, ammunition is now tightly controlled.

The process for getting a gun for hunting or sport is fairly straight forward and easy, but ownership is closely tracked at the canton level. For self-defense you have to apply for a permit. It's not easy or automatic, and the burden of proof is on the applicant.

Israeli ownership is also tied largely to service.

The gun control protocols in Switzerland and Israel are restrictive by U.S. standards. The relationship between gun ownership and military service would also be problematic in the U.S. where such a tiny percentage of the population ever serves.

Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Switzerland and Israel are NOT the United States of America! We have a constitution designed by ingenious men who had balls of steel. They thought out all the checks and balances that make it very difficult for any politician to make drastic changes. Look how quickly New Zealand changed the face of their gun law policy. What a joke. Our constitution is revered around the globe. Millions of people want to come here...at least until the left destroys this wonderful place.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
This here is the difference between a subject and a citizen, a serf and a freeman. Turn your guns over, what do I care.
Yes and spot on. the fundamental difference between the UK and its former Colonies such as Australia and New Zealand. The difference is the US Colonies choose to break from the British and become a nation of free man. From it was born the United States and with it the document binding us together known as the Constitution written to prevent us from becoming subjects to the government.

V/R

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I offered to have a civil conversation, make sure both sides can present their sides without fear of insults and shouting. All I get now is...… "crickets". This is why nothing can get done and why nothing ever happens.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yes, Jimmy G. You are spot on. If our leaders had any balls and any brains, we'd have done the same. Instead we get gun nuts and mass shooting after mass shooting and the USA does NOTHING. Thanks to the NRA and gun culture who refuse to look at facts but think everyone walking around armed like the Old West is going to be a safe society. Delusional morons.

Your doctor is more likely to kill you in a medical misadventure than a mass shooter. You are 4 times more likely to commit suicide than to be murdered with a gun. And wait for it, the US does not have the highest rate of mass shootings or murder.

https://crimeresearch.org/2015/06/c...m-mass-public-shootings-in-the-us-and-europe/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

But it does have that pesky 2nd amendment. But don't like guns, don't buy one. And quit watching TV and movies, which like to feature STORIES where the bad people all have machine guns (which are already virtually banned). And most gun control advocates don't even know what the current laws are, or how gun A is different from gun B. Talk about moronic.

Last edited:

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I remember when Kathleen Kennedy Townsend was having a debate with Robert Ehrlich for governor of Md. They were comparing 2 guns, same caliper, only one was semi auto and the other bolt action dear rifle. Ehrlich stated that the rounds are the same and she insisted the round in the semi auto version was much more powerful. The radio moderator had to tell her, ''it's the same round''. All she could say was, ''I disagree''.

Sponsored

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
The sheep noticed that wolves killed them with their teeth, so the sheep pulled their own teeth out, the wolves laughed.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
New Zealand proves that Terrorism works. Think about that and the TSA next time you fly...Terrorism works.

Sad to say.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I remember when Kathleen Kennedy Townsend was having a debate with Robert Ehrlich for governor of Md. They were comparing 2 guns, same caliper, only one was semi auto and the other bolt action dear rifle. Ehrlich stated that the rounds are the same and she insisted the round in the semi auto version was much more powerful. The radio moderator had to tell her, ''it's the same round''. All she could say was, ''I disagree''.
Actually the same round fired out of a longer barrel would acquire more velocity and therefore have more force. More gunpowder gets burnt before the projectile leaves the barrel. She is wrong.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The sheep noticed that wolves killed them with their teeth, so the sheep pulled their own teeth out, the wolves laughed.
Actually should have quoted "terrorism works"

This is true, 1 moron sticks some explosives in his shoe and we have to walk barefoot thru security. I jackwagon put some explosives in his underwear and now my testicles get irradiated to get on a plane. 1 unhinged lunatic shoots some people and everyone loses their guns.

Last edited:

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's why I choose to keep my teeth. And a backup, and a backup for that.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.