Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
I was wondering when you would chime in. I know you are definitely against guns and America. Your opinion is welcomed since it appears America doesn't have as many gun hating liberals as the news claims.

It is hard to believe that this forum has only conservative members. I would assume we have many liberals on here too. I just don't think they lean as left as news reports

Respectfully I would mention that America is it own country, unlike the mingling of some many other countries of this Earth. Americans are mean tough fighters that do have a history of bloodshed from our revolution, civil war, and pushing the Native Americans off their land. Fighting in all the major wars of history. Bringing the Japanese to their knees. We fight to win to the end. I know your country fought too.

That is who we are. Fighters that aren't afraid. Now the world wants to tell us what to do with our guns. Not happening
I'm not against America. I'm on record here saying I love it...it's just that a lot over there is f#cked up.

It's bloody easy to believe that 90% of members here are conservative. I'm on a 60-70's car forum where I'd say 99% of the members are Republicans. Car people generally lean well to the right.

You align gun ownership with a fighting culture. I align it with a fear culture.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Interceptor

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
No doubt about some stuff being messed up, but that's because we have the freedom to do just that. And we do it well.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
People have reasons other than their guns to live where they do. Here in Illinois we have the Illinois State Rifle Association. Belong and be active if you care about your 2nd Amendment rights. March 27th is Illinois Gun Owners Lobby day, IGOLD, and thousands will gather at the state capitol to explain their views to the politicians. Actions matter.
Any private gun transfer, except to immediate family must be filed with the State Police. We must have a FOID, (Firearms Owner ID), card. I have just renewed my CCL license via a fee and 8 hr. refresher course. Onerous, yes, but there because of the criminals in Chicago.
I am a gun "nut" but have other important considerations when I cast my vote, like the honesty and integrity of the candidate, the environment, and which side of the bread I butter, to name a few. I then make my views known to my elected representatives.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not against America. I'm on record here saying I love it...it's just that a lot over there is f#cked up.

It's bloody easy to believe that 90% of members here are conservative. I'm on a 60-70's car forum where I'd say 99% of the members are Republicans. Car people generally lean well to the right.

You align gun ownership with a fighting culture. I align it with a fear culture.
Gun deaths in Australia were on a downward trend before the '96 shooting spurred the government into massively restricting firearm ownership.
Also you are comparing a country of 25 million people versus a country with 326 million.

That's not even taking into account the different in HOW each country gets those numbers (cause of death) and the law enforcement / infrastructure responsible for gathering those numbers.

You call it a fear culture - I'm assuming you mean that anyone who owns a firearm is motivated by fear? That's big leap and a really personal judgement on a culture and country you only know about from what you read and your interaction with people online. Even the massively pro gun control crowd at Harvard and other ivy league universities estimate 50,000-80,000 self defense uses of firearms in this country per year. Remember - you don't have to kill or even shoot someone with a firearm to use it for self defense.

Comparing the two countries directly is ridiculous.
The entire country of Australia has the same population as our 10 largest cities.

There are literally HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of firearms in this country...yet you are 3 times more likely to die from an accidental fall than from another person shooting you with a firearm. Even more likely to die from a drug overdose, even more likely to die from medical malpractice. In fact, firearm deaths don't even crack the top 10 causes of death.

Honestly, it seems as if gun control proponents are the ones knee-deep in a fear culture when you put all the numbers on paper.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I have just renewed my CCL license via a fee and 8 hr. refresher course. Onerous, yes, but there because of the criminals in Chicago.
What was it like spending 8 hours with all those hardened criminals?

Sponsored

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
What was it like spending 8 hours with all those hardened criminals?
The class was a surprising mix of age and ethnicity.
Mostly reminded me that there will be consequences if I use a gun to defend myself, whatever the reason.

vpec13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Never ever will I give up my right to own firearms. On another thread months ago I went into detail about a scenario where some ass clown almost had his way with someone close to me...family. My mother stopped him dead in his tracks and he's still paying the price for trying to rape my family member. My grandfather came here in the early 1900's from Sicily and by the 1950's he was the head of the liquor board of the state of Maryland. He always said ''When the government tries to take your guns, it's time to worry''. Our right to bear arms is intended for us to fight off tyranny from our government, not for hunting or target shooting. The need for a 30 round magazine is obvious...if an angry mob is coming at you, do you want a bolt action 5 shot dear rifle or that 30 round magazine?

Nomadic, you have a right to your opinion, but I completely disagree with you.

My family (both parents) are off the boat from Sicily, so Ciao from Sicilia! I am in agreement here too. Knowing my Glock is in reachable distance when i'm asleep at night in case of emergency indeed does help me sleep better at night. I don't have a family to protect, but I do have me and my home to protect and i'd like to keep that right to protect.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

So explain why the 26 countries with the most gun ownership all have below average murder rates. Including the US, which now has more guns than citizens. If guns were the problem, shouldn't the murder rate be proportional to gun ownership?

I suspect if the official murder rates included when the government killed its own citizens, the rates would look even better for the countries that allow private gun ownership. Hitler and Stalin were big on gun control. Makes dealing with undesirable elements sooo much easier when they don't have guns.

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
So explain why the 26 countries with the most gun ownership all have below average murder rates. Including the US, which now has more guns than citizens. If guns were the problem, shouldn't the murder rate be proportional to gun ownership?

I suspect if the official murder rates included when the government killed its own citizens, the rates would look even better for the countries that allow private gun ownership. Hitler and Stalin were big on gun control. Makes dealing with undesirable elements sooo much easier when they don't have guns.
I typically don't get into the weeds of pro/anti gun specifics, like murder/crime statistics etc. My basic standpoint is I do not accept any human being (or collective i.e. Government) telling another human being what he/she can or cannot own. To me, true freedom is, I should be able to do and own whatever I want so long as I am not endangering other humans with my possessions and/or activities. The minute I do endanger someone else with a possession or activity then I accept that Johnny Law should come down on me...hard, but otherwise leave me alone.

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt

I'd like to make two points:

1. You don't understand mathematics, and....
  2. Neither does the moron that wrote that garbage on the dodgy website you visited.

Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I live in South Carolina where firearms are accepted and we want the 2nd admendment.

I read the news and it appears the Democratic party is going after guns again and this time even repealing the 2nd admendment.
The people that live in the Democratic control states as in California New York etc.. is this what you want?
Are you willing to give up the 2nd admendment? Also seems the 1st admendment is next.
I live in Illinois where they are constantly looking for ways to control guns, Chicago is a mess and yet the more they tighten gun control the worse it gets. It's almost as if criminals don't obey gun laws.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
I live in Illinois where they are constantly looking for ways to control guns, Chicago is a mess and yet the more the tighten gun control the worse it gets. It's almost as if criminals don't obey gun laws.
You know you live in a messed up world when the criminals don't even obey the law.....

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly what kind of responses are you expecting from a thread like this? Are you trying to divide this country even further?
The thing dividing the country are people who get upset over discussion and then throw blame at people. People used to be able to discuss things, could it get heated, yes but generally people learned something or they could agree to disagree. Today, people automatically say things like you said which does absolutely nothing but help cause what you seemed to want to stop. People who don't like a topic, instead of changing the channel or going to a different thread instead get upset, triggered, offended what have you and in many cases want discussion stopped because they can't handle the topic while others can.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You know you live in a messed up world when the criminals don't even obey the law.....
Yep, but politicians can feel better about themselves because they write another law duplicating the thousands written prior until the next mass shooting happens where guns are blamed instead of the criminal, rinse repeat.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to make two points:

1. You don't understand mathematics, and....
  2. Neither does the moron that wrote that garbage on the dodgy website you visited.
So explain why Australian homicide rates were already trending down BEFORE the gun restrictions in your country?
Is it because that ALL 1st world country's homicide and violent crime rates had been trending down for more than a few years already?

And to quote a good friend's grandfather "You know you've won the argument when they start insulting you."

Enjoy our cars - but please keep your politics in your country.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.