Sponsored

Guilty by Association

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
So I was driving on the freeway and doing about 75mph in the fast lane and my exit was coming up and I needed to move over to the right lane.

There was heavy traffic in middle two lanes so I sped up to about 90 mph briefly to get over. As I get over there is a van in the #2 lane and in front was a highway patrol at the same time a mustang 5.0 GT with stripes was entering the freeway and accelerating hard as well.

So as soon as I get up to the highway patrol he pulls us both over and writes us both reckless driving tickets. He had a total attitude and would not let either of explain anything because he said he saw everything in his mirror and to talk to the judge

While I know I was speeding there is a big difference between speeding and reckless driving. He saw two mustangs and both had racing stripes so we must have been racing. What a total douchebag and now I need to get a lawyer for this. I have no issues with paying for something I did but this is just total BS!
Sponsored

Last edited:

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
I've been in a similar situation and it sucks, sorry bud. I think mine was worse as the ticket was for street racing, a big deal down here in Texas. I wasn't racing, at all. I took it and didn't care b/c of all the times I hadn't been caught. Got a lawyer for a few hundred bucks and ended up with defensive driving.

Just look at it as water under the bridge for all the times you got away with other things.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I feel your pain. I was pulled over for doing 60 in a 50 mph zone. Everyone around me was going about the same speed.

It was a speed trap and the cop was just waiting with his radar, but obviously just aimed and targeted directly at the car with racing stripes. :frusty:

OP
OP
Offboost

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been in a similar situation - mine was worse as the ticket was for street racing. I wasn't racing, at all. I took it and didn't care b/c of all the times I hadn't been caught. Got a lawyer for a few hundred bucks and ended up with defensive driving.

Just look at it as water over the bridge for all the times you got away with things.
Agreed but I believe in principal and feel even if I got away at other times it doesn't justify a bullshit ticket cause the officer had a bad attitude. I believe in cat and mouse but not made up shit. I a 56 year old dialysis patient I don't street race but do drive spiritedly I don't know what time I have left don't have the time too wait for slowpokes!

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Agreed but I believe in principal and feel even if I got away at other times it doesn't justify a bullshit ticket cause the officer had a bad attitude. I believe in cat and mouse but not made up shit. I a 56 year old dialysis patient I don't street race but do drive spiritedly I don't know what time I have left don't have the time too wait for slowpokes!
You right, it doesn't justify it but don't let that little man pee in your Cheerios.
All the best with your health! Take care of those kidneys.

Sponsored

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
“Wreck”less driving, you’re guilty. But reckless you’ll get out of with a lawyer and well worth it.

OP
OP
Offboost

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
“Wreck”less driving, you’re guilty. But reckless you’ll get out of with a lawyer and well worth it.
Thank you made the correction. I know I will get out of it but would rather have spent the money on camber plates and track time.

Socalrugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111
“There was heavy traffic in middle two lanes so I sped up to about 90 mph”

:shrug:

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Cop probably didnt like mustangs with stripes...

:shrug:eek:ops

OP
OP
Offboost

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
“There was heavy traffic in middle two lanes so I sped up to about 90 mph”

:shrug:
As I said I am ok if he wrote me for speeding 90 is 15 over the posted not reckless driving big difference.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Here in FL, if you have a clean record (and I mean no points and not a ticket in recent history), you can ask for a withhold of adjudication. This means no points, you pay the fine, and no insurance repercussions. Don't represent yourself or just pay the fine, get a lawyer.

Look into it.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
GA above 84mph is a super speeder ticket (that includes reckless driving, double the fine, impounding your car, suspension of the license etc.)

Sorry about the ticket. Get s lawyer as everybody said though and it will be fine.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Just look at it as water under the bridge for all the times you got away with other things.
that reminds me when I was a kid and I got a whipping for something that I didn't do. My father would later say " that makes up for the times that you should have got a whipping and didn't get one ". :paddle:
Sponsored