corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Or it could be that folks just don't like Chevy or Camaro. No Egos Necessary!
If that was truly the case, there still wouldn't be any need to drag sales figures into it. Those folks aren't going to suddenly start liking the Camaro even if it took over the sales lead.

Norm
Sponsored

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
If that was truly the case, there still wouldn't be any need to drag sales figures into it. Those folks aren't going to suddenly start liking the Camaro even if it took over the sales lead.

Norm
100% agree. Sales mean absolutely nothing to enthusiasts and has no business in any comparison between cars.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Y'all are still arguing about sales..? I haven't been on here in months regarding mustang vs camaro discussions and this is what's still being argued?

I figured there'd be better things to discuss by now considering both cars have their respective refreshes and different models have been announced. Apparently I was wrong and beating dead horses is way more fun...
Incorrect.

HE was arguing sales.

The point was made that the 2019 camaro refresh was a hideous mistake. And it is. No way around it.

His retort was about sales. It was an inaccurate reply that warranted an education. Period.

If your going to quote someone to reply to, let’s quote the correct person.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I mean, hell... if it's got 8 herbs and spices, I wouldn't doubt it!
Yeah, but the 10 herbs and spices is coming soon. It kills on picnics. Of course, not everyone takes their chicken out on picnics, but for those who do.....

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Sales absolutely mean everything to enthusiast, You cant play if you cant buy!
It only has to be available. Doesn't matter if it outsells its competition by a three to one margin or gets outsold by the same amount as long as it's still there.

Anybody who'd use sales as the basis for their choice are only wanting to jump on some popularity bandwagon, with the car itself being little more than mobile jewelry.

Norm

BailoutBowtie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KonaKid Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
It only has to be available. Doesn't matter if it outsells its competition by a three to one margin or gets outsold by the same amount as long as it's still there.

Anybody who'd use sales as the basis for their choice are only wanting to jump on some popularity bandwagon, with the car itself being little more than mobile jewelry.

Norm
HAHA, Says Norm who owns a mainstream car!! LOL

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
HAHA, Says Norm who owns a mainstream car!! LOL
What 'mainstream car'?

Of the three in my sig, the Mustang is the biggest seller, and even it's a niche car.

Norm

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.

Norm
Not completely. If one purchases the vehicle with an intention to slowly modify it over a number of years, sales and popularity will inform the availability of aftermarket options.
Sponsored