'

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
All Ford had to do was to drop a pair of 335’s or even 355’s in the back and problem solved. Yes it would have required a wider body or fender extensions but it would have been worth it. Maybe an R version will come out in the future for more aggressive track use but all that initial glory of super car killer comments are gone now. Now lets wait and see what GM does with the ZO6 for 85 grand msrp (my estimation).
Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Aren't these the same guys that went through all the trouble of putting SC2's on a SS1LE so they could have it be a "fair race" Vs a GT PP2?

So they can modify a Camaro no problem, but can't put good stock rubber on a Mustang?

Camissa and Randy should be ashamed.

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Aren't these the same guys that went through all the trouble of putting SC2's on a SS1LE so they could have it be a "fair race" Vs a GT PP2?

So they can modify a Camaro no problem, but can't put good stock rubber on a Mustang?

Camissa and Randy should be ashamed.
Did they change the tires or did the owner of the car do it because he felt they where better tires?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
This is a quote from Jason from the test.

"But yeah possibly 1-2 seconds faster on fresh. Unfortunately, the life of a cup2 is short lived when attached to a GT500. Its heavy, and wears down hard by the third lap. So this was as close to science as we could get with the resources we have. We try to control every variable we can, always."
Have a link to the source of that quote?

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
This is a quote from Jason from the test.

"But yeah possibly 1-2 seconds faster on fresh. Unfortunately, the life of a cup2 is short lived when attached to a GT500. Its heavy, and wears down hard by the third lap. So this was as close to science as we could get with the resources we have. We try to control every variable we can, always."
Have a link to the source of that quote?
Pretty sure that is James from Throttle House, not Jason Camissa. But, to quote Hamilton, he was in the room where it happened. :like:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So when did he drive a CFTP car on fresh tires to know that it trashes the tires after three laps due to excessive weight? Answer - he didnt. So how would he know that? Is it from a comment that Randy made?

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
So when did he drive a CFTP car on fresh tires to know that it trashes the tires after three laps due to excessive weight? Answer - he didnt. So how would he know that? Is it from a comment that Randy made?
Didn’t they do the CFTP vs gt3?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jason and Randy did, IIRC, not James. But James made the statement.

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didn’t they do the CFTP vs gt3?
Jason and Randy did, IIRC, not James. But James made the statement.
I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess that Jason and/or Randy told him that during the days they were together. If I were in a conversation with Jason and/or Randy and either of them said that and the other didn’t immediately disagree with it, I would walk away with the opinion that CFTP trashes Cup 2s after a few hard laps. And I would have no problem stating that publicly with the knowledge that I received that info first hand from experts.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The percentage increase in weight between a CFTP car and a ZLE isn't that great. So it's odd that the Mustang would be trashing its tires when the Camaro wouldn't in only 3 laps.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The percentage increase in weight between a CFTP car and a ZLE isn't that great. So it's odd that the Mustang would be trashing its tires when the Camaro wouldn't in only 3 laps.
Different tires, different compounds, different suspensions.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Isn’t the gt500 more nose heavy in relation to the 1le?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Different tires, different compounds, different suspensions.
I'm familiar with all of that and on each car. My comment stands.

The only saving grace I can see would be camber settings. Again, yet another article that isn't crystal clear on what numbers each car ran.
Sponsored