Last edited:

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
You have to wait 6 months to see an article online. It will take some time.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yes, this is the comparo that needs to be done, head-to-head, track, drag and cruising (to the last point: because at the end of the day, they're still street cars ...)

Results will be: GT500 much more comfortable, easier to live with and still faster around a track.
Based on the reviews so far, I'd say that's probably the case, I haven't seen one review that hasn't said something to the effect of, "It's blisteringly fast on track, lap after lap, and manages to offer a comfortable, casual cruising experience too". To me, that's magic.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Nope no one wants to talk about the Camaro anymore.

Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
The Camaro is disqualified on looks alone!

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
To me both cars look good and are badass. I've seen several ZLE at track and they are rocket ships. I think it's a beauty of a brute. It looks purposed and hardcore, but I understand why some dont care for it.

I would assume that the GT500 may be faster on larger road courses due to HP advantage, but on a smaller course the suspension and weight advantage will probably favor the ZLE, but I guess we'll see. It's not easy to put down that much power around tight corners.

It's kind of a lose lose for the GT500 now though. If it wins, then everyone will say that it should have because of HP, extra development time, and the high price. If it loses then it would be a bit of a failure and everyone can call it ugly, blab about visibilty, stiff suspension, and call it a ringer.

I think it's a given the quarter mile goes to the GT500.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I want to see how the LL times at VIR compare.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Mr. Google didn't find me any good articles. Did everyone forget about what is probably the best apples to apples performance comparison?
View attachment 408696 View attachment 408695
Nobody forgot - much to the chagrin of the haters who tried to protect the zL1 1LE by throwing the C8 in the ring ("surely the lowly Mustang can't compete with the new mid engine supercar!") - only to be very disappointed by how that turned out. Now that all the bloggers, mags, youtubers, etc. got that out of their system, the real comparisons will be coming soon enough :)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
To me both cars look good and are badass. I've seen several ZLE at track and they are rocket ships. I think it's a beauty of a brute. It looks purposed and hardcore, but I understand why some dont care for it.

I would assume that the GT500 may be faster on larger road courses due to HP advantage, but on a smaller course the suspension and weight advantage will probably favor the ZLE, but I guess we'll see. It's not easy to put down that much power around tight corners.

It's kind of a lose lose for the GT500 now though. If it wins, then everyone will say that it should have because of HP, extra development time, and the high price. If it loses then it would be a bit of a failure and everyone can call it ugly, blab about visibilty, stiff suspension, and call it a ringer.

I think it's a given the quarter mile goes to the GT500.
I still don't understand why people continue to talk about car comparisons as though it's all about a number. A number that reflects the car's capability, sure, but it doesn't necessarily relate to what the owner will do with it. I guess it's convenient to pretend as though everything about a car can be summed up by a single number, because that makes the comparison easy to do.

I don't buy cars for numbers, I buy them for enjoyment. If you don't enjoy driving a car, why even own it?

Bottom line is, the GT350 already won the comparisons with the Camaro. The ZL1 1LE is too stiff riding for most people and the Camaro basic greenhouse design is poor enough that even with more power and faster lap times, the reviewers think the GT350 is preferred.

Probably the GT500 should only be compared to the Corvette or the GT350, since we all know the Camaro is a loser.

Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
People complaining about the stiff ride on the ZLE has no clue on how hard it is to make a 3800+ lbs rwd pig handle like a lighter exotic around a track. Do you really think a 4200+ lbs car is going to have a softer ride on track setting and still take curves without wobbling leaning around and loosing traction? Think again. I want to see the ZLE 10 speed against the GT500 base and track package. Even though the ZLE humiliates the GT500, at least Ford guys have the excuse of car being fast in the straight and the ZLE being stiff for daily driving. So no worries.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
People complaining about the stiff ride on the ZLE has no clue on how hard it is to make a 3800+ lbs rwd pig handle like a lighter exotic around a track. Do you really think a 4200+ lbs car is going to have a softer ride on track setting and still take curves without wobbling leaning around and loosing traction? Think again. I want to see the ZLE 10 speed against the GT500 base and track package. Even though the ZLE humiliates the GT500, at least Ford guys have the excuse of car being fast in the straight and the ZLE being stiff for daily driving. So no worries.
And yet, Ford has made the 4000+ lb GT500 outhandle the ZLE and also gave it a compliant, daily driver suspension.

"The car had such explosive power, controlled and exploitable through the brilliantly tuned Tremec twin-clutch seven-speed automated manual transmission and Torsen limited-slip differential. Think Porsche GT2 RS. Yes, I just wrote that. It also provided so much mechanical and aero grip that it attacked racetrack curb hopping and wide-open sweepers with equal poise and confidence. Think Jaguar XE SV Project 8. The seatbelt-straining brakes and fingertip controllable steering produced nearly equal 1.3 g loads in their respective directions. Think Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4Matic+."

"I've been fortunate to drive a few race cars, and this is as close as one can get to that with a fully outfitted interior and enough road manners to live with daily. That's not an exaggeration, nor is it easy to achieve."

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/for...-shelby-gt500-first-drive-changes-everything/

Really, it's as if you have not read a single review on the GT500 and simply cannot comprehend how the ZL1 1LE is going to be completely eviscerated by the GT500 Carbon Pack...and has done so without having to use hard mounted, jarring multimatic dssv dampers. And don't give me the "BUT PHYSICS" BS.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
And yet, Ford has made the 4000+ lb GT500 outhandle the ZLE and also gave it a compliant, daily driver suspension.

"The car had such explosive power, controlled and exploitable through the brilliantly tuned Tremec twin-clutch seven-speed automated manual transmission and Torsen limited-slip differential. Think Porsche GT2 RS. Yes, I just wrote that. It also provided so much mechanical and aero grip that it attacked racetrack curb hopping and wide-open sweepers with equal poise and confidence. Think Jaguar XE SV Project 8. The seatbelt-straining brakes and fingertip controllable steering produced nearly equal 1.3 g loads in their respective directions. Think Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4Matic+."

"I've been fortunate to drive a few race cars, and this is as close as one can get to that with a fully outfitted interior and enough road manners to live with daily. That's not an exaggeration, nor is it easy to achieve."

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/for...-shelby-gt500-first-drive-changes-everything/

Really, it's as if you have not read a single review on the GT500 and simply cannot comprehend how the ZL1 1LE is going to be completely eviscerated by the GT500 Carbon Pack...and has done so without having to use hard mounted, jarring multimatic dssv dampers. And don't give me the "BUT PHYSICS" BS.
GT500 is not out handling the ZLE. ZLE out handled the Ford GT. You are so mistaken my friend. You better bring the $95,000 GT 500 and maybe add the $10,000 painted stripes if it helps the GT500. Keep dreaming. I can even have this bad boy ZLE brand new for little over $66,000 near by me. https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/790617880/overview/

The GT500 can't even touch that. You will see the physics when actual lap times and comparisons come out. For 75 and 95+ grand that GT500 better put times faster than the ZL1 1LE,

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
GT500 is not out handling the ZLE. ZLE out handled the Ford GT. You are so mistaken my friend. You better bring the $95,000 GT 500 and maybe add the $10,000 painted stripes if it helps the GT500. Keep dreaming. I can even have this bad boy ZLE brand new for little over $66,000 near by me. https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/790617880/overview/

The GT500 can't even touch that. You will see the physics when actual lap times and comparisons come out.
Reading comprehension my friend...something you have proven time and time again to be completely ignorant on. go back and read my posts.

And for the ZLE out-handling the Ford GT....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! You truly are a brand loyal fanboy.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
Reading comprehension my friend...something you have proven time and time again to be completely ignorant on. go back and read my posts.

And for the ZLE out-handling the Ford GT....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! You truly are a brand loyal fanboy.
Ohh yeah, since physics doesn't apply for you. I can also put lap times from caranddriver for you Camaro ZL1/1LE 2:45.0 Ford GT 2:45.5 and 2:43.0. So you really think the GT500 is going to handle better than a Ford GT. Keep dreaming. Let me know when the GT500 beats the ZL1 1LE manual tranny (Not even Auto 10 speed) Nurburgring lap record time of 7:16.04, but wait, Ford doesn't want to chase lap times at Nurburgring soooo oh well. But hey, its still a 10 second car don't get upset.
Sponsored