First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
03:30 Race 1
05:06 Race 2
07:38 Roll-on Race
08:25 At The Lab

I was surprised how snappy the Mach-E is off the line. Of course the GT 500 catches it and passes it, but the MME gets a hell of a jump off the line.

Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have to wonder how it would go if Ford didn't limit the max output on the MME to 5 seconds. I wonder if that's something they'll change in an update, or if there is a hard reason why it can't go for longer.

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
I have to wonder how it would go if Ford didn't limit the max output on the MME to 5 seconds. I wonder if that's something they'll change in an update, or if there is a hard reason why it can't go for longer.
Stay tuned - rumor has it that Ford is going to update the software for that purpose.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Try 10 runs in a row and let us know how E mustang performs...before the battery dies.
It 'd be interesting if someone tested that ... run them both on a full tank/charge over and over and see which one runs out of "fuel" first. I suspect the Mach E but the GT500 is thirsty too.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Try 10 runs in a row and let us know how E mustang performs...before the battery dies.
And your point? Wonder how the GT500 will run when it runs out of gas.

Is it even humanly possible to keep an ICE vs. EV thread on track (pun intended). :giggle:

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
So, it went exactly how we all knew it would. I watched the races (didn't watch the talking in between), but didn't have to watch it to know the outcome. EV jumps out from a dig, 760 hp ICE spins, then catches up and passes with ease, esp. since the Mach E GT performance is a joke that can only sustain full power for 5 seconds.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Mach E GT performance is a joke that can only sustain full power for 5 seconds.
Let's be serious for a second. The MME GT is not a 1/4 mile race car. When used within its intended purposes it is anything put a joke. It is damn fast for a street car.

Now you want to see what a Ford electric car designed for the drag strip can do.

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
For greater than 99.9999965% outings with this car, I don't think my wife will have trouble getting back and forth with this car. Where did she go today?

1. Bank: Trip successfully completed
2. Post Office: Trip successfully completed
3. Lunch with friend: No problems
4. Last minute Xmas shopping: All good

She postponed her day at the strip because she didn't have time to do 10 runs against a GT500.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Let's be serious for a second. The MME GT is not a 1/4 mile race car. When used within its intended purposes it is anything put a joke. It is damn fast for a street car.

Now you want to see what a Ford electric car designed for the drag strip can do.

You're defending a supposed performance crossover EV that gives max power for only 5 seconds? Sure, it's quick for 5 seconds, but it traps only 101 mph in the 1/4 mile. Every Tesla out there, esp. the "performance" branded ones, are much quicker beyond that 5 second window. Ford botched this one again, as if naming a crossover EV a Mustang wasn't bad enough. Now the GT Performance edition only traps 101 mph in the 1/4 mile. Another slight against the real Mustang GT.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
You're defending a supposed performance crossover EV that gives max power for only 5 seconds? Sure, it's quick for 5 seconds, but it traps only 101 mph in the 1/4 mile. Every Tesla out there, esp. the "performance" branded ones, are much quicker beyond that 5 second window. Ford botched this one again, as if naming a crossover EV a Mustang wasn't bad enough. Now the GT Performance edition only traps 101 mph in the 1/4 mile. Another slight against the real Mustang GT.
The car does not require defending. For its intended purpose it is a great vehicle. Also keep in mind that Tesla has a substantial head start in the EV performance arena. This is Fordā€˜s first. You can bet that far better performance is just down the road.

By the way my stock 15ā€™ EB A6 trapped at just over 100 MPH. A lot of folks back them didnā€™t think my car wasnā€™t a ā€œrealā€ Mustang either.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Why? If you lost 10 times in a row and then you won one, what would that prove?

you lost 9 timesā€¦ā€¦lol. My electric car can run 10 times or more without needing a charge.

just sayingā€¦donā€™t get caught up with some of the battery hoopla out there.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

The Mach E is in fact way faster than a street car needs to be. I guarantee it's plenty fast enough to get you pulled over by the police if you nail it and there's a cop nearby.

Pitting it vs. a GT500 is just clickbait IMO.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I donā€™t understand how these people driving a gt500 vs all these other cars especially on Edmonds canā€™t drive. I do regular sub 4 sec 0-60s on stock tires on the street. I know the electric cars are quick out of the hole but they are not that fast
They probably aren't launching on a really great road surface at a temperature in the upper 70s or higher. The main advantage of electrics in launching is the traction control can work a lot more quickly. No human can do better.

But if you have enough traction more power will launch more quickly.
Sponsored