Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Im in the same boat. Ive had the GT350R for years and love it. I know I will miss the Voodoo, but I am looking at the GT4 since it will be a different experience.
I think you will miss the R. I had the chance to drive a 911.2 GT3 on some proper roads for long enough to get a proper feel. Maybe controversial (or not) but it just is too good for its own sake and for road plus light track duty I would go with an R ten times out of ten because you can actually feel you are driving the car and being challenged and rewarded at the same time. Have not tried the new GT4 yet (had a go in the GTS though) but I do not see myself getting rid of the R for a new Porsche (based on the few I sampled recently).
Sponsored

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
I think you will miss the R. I had the chance to drive a 911.2 GT3 on some proper roads for long enough to get a proper feel. Maybe controversial (or not) but it just is too good for its own sake and for road plus light track duty I would go with an R ten times out of ten because you can actually feel you are driving the car and being challenged and rewarded at the same time. Have not tried the new GT4 yet (had a go in the GTS though) but I do not see myself getting rid of the R for a new Porsche (based on the few I sampled recently).
That is exactly my concern. Sounds like you are confirming it would feel like a loss of a truly special car (GT350R). I saw a video by Matt F of the Smoking Tire One Take, and he said the exact same. He got out of the new GT3 and jumped in the 350 and said it’s was 9/10 for half the cost and more character.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I don't think he recovered from this but it made for a great shot!

Comparo-211012HM03-GT4-GT500_Action_1164-2048x1065.jpg

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
They ran that comparison on a 2 mile short course. That's fine, but I'd like to see the comparison include another track that is faster, such as VIR, COTA, Daytona.

The fact that a 500 can do so well even on a short course really says something. Take it to a fast course, it would not even be close.

A more appropriate comparison on such a course would be the GT350R vs the GT4. I can't say with absolute certainty as to which would be better, but the R model would be my go to car on a shorter more technical course, not the 500.

Its just another vs article.

NCM-Motorsport-Park-West.2755ac75498ae47a5b4cc6eefbc7d4ad.png
Sponsored