Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
I’m sorry. I can only take so much of Jim. I know who he is and what his job is. But to me, he’s a used car salesman. All talk, no facts.
Venom kills Demons. Yeah on a road course. I know the demon is a straight line only car, but he should of never made that statement.
I love the GT500 but ford is taking to long and as much as I want one, I’m keeping my R and not adding a GT500 for awhile.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Given the current political climate as well as a rather bleak future for the internal combustion engine, I'm just thankful that there were a few left at Ford that were able to make this happen.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm excited. I look forward to more information. 700++

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
He’s claiming it’ll need a roll cage for test and tune nights. For those non drag racers. Current rules are 10.0 and a trap speed of no more than 135. Another lofty claim. Like venom kills demons.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
He’s claiming it’ll need a roll cage for test and tune nights. For those non drag racers. Current rules are 10.0 and a trap speed of no more than 135. Another lofty claim. Like venom kills demons.
Exactly. This is my point about this guy. He keeps making these tall claims and yet nothing backs up his words. He’s writing checks his ass can’t cash.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I really hate giving those click bait channels a view. Wish some would post up who the video is from.. never seen the car on the track once in the whole video. Unless you mean behind a camera van and then driving across the track. Now if you made the title “Jim talks about the GT500” it would make more sense. Of course you wouldn’t get all the clicks from the people that wanted to see and hear it on the track.

Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
http://promod.nhra.com/userfiles/file/Tech/2019 Street Legal Rules.pdf

Venom kills demons, not just on a road course. The hype is real.

Demons tend to run low 10's on test and tune nights. They don't get told to leave and put a roll cage in before you come back. Unless they put non DOT tires on and their track officials are strict. Cause then its 10.99 and faster.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
https://www.racepagesdigital.com/te...08-newer-street-cars-presented-by-nitto-tire/
Your misinformed. It’s 10.0 and or 135. Before a roll bar is required.
I literally post the link to the execption for street legal cars.

Cars with out DOT approved tires are not street legal. They follow the actual rules.
http://promod.nhra.com/userfiles/file/Tech/2019 ET Quick Reference Charts.pdf

Unaltered OEM installed antilock brakes is the other one people break to fit 15" rims.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I literally post the link to the execption for street legal cars.

Cars with out DOT approved tires are not street legal. They follow the actual rules.
http://promod.nhra.com/userfiles/file/Tech/2019 ET Quick Reference Charts.pdf
I deleted my post to you cause I recognized it was most likely a typo when you typed 10.99. In post #11. But I’m not understanding your post above? Drag radials are dot approved. And slicks arent. Neither the GT500 or the Demon come from the factory with non dot tires.

Last edited:

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I have now post a link to the actual rules, and to the 2008+ street legal exception. Ill let you read them and figure it out.

IMO the rules are slightly counter intuitive as tires and modifications to install better tires that give you better traction and more safety raise the ET time that you are require you to get the cage. This is where track officials get to be strict or lenient in how they interpret this exception. The 135MPH limit exist for both street legal and dedicated track cars.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I have now post a link to the actual rules, and to the 2008+ street legal exception. Ill let you read them and figure it out.

IMO the rules are slightly counter intuitive as tires and modifications to install better tires that give you better traction and more safety raise the ET time that you are require you to get the cage. This is where track officials get to be strict or lenient in how they interpret this exception. The 135MPH limit exist for both street legal and dedicated track cars.
I believe I already stated the correct allowable ET and trap speed In my first post. It’s not my fault you typed 10.99 in your post. So I don’t need to figure anything out. I have an NHRA license. I don’t need any links. I deleted my post because I assumed your post was a typo. After I read it a second time. And didn’t want to come across as a douche. I’m well aware of all of the rules to 2008 and newer cars. And older modified cars.having owned both.
Sponsored

Last edited: