Sponsored

GT500 Supercharger Whine

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Waiting on my girl to arrive early next month (in production now) but I had an interesting question for those of you who have been lucky enough to get yours already.

Are there any aftermarket ways to increase the sound of the supercharger?

My understanding is that there is considerable insulation under that cobra plate on the supercharger, and the balance had to be made between engine noise and exhaust noise because of noise regulations. Not sure if there is truth to that.
Sponsored

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Yes, it’s called a 3.8 Whipple and should be coming anytime now :)
Seriously tho, do it the old fashion way, spin the blower harder and add a bigger CAI/open filter.
You’ll enjoy more blower whine and significant improvements in power.
I’d also assume running without the rain tray helps a bit?
-J

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
I can tell you that just adding the 1320 Junkie WD152 CAI significantly increases the supercharger sound. Under heavier acceleration, I can hear her nicely now from the cabin, whereas before I could not hear it at all.

Last edited:

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Waiting on my girl to arrive early next month (in production now) but I had an interesting question for those of you who have been lucky enough to get yours already.

My understanding is that there is considerable insulation under that cobra plate on the supercharger, and the balance had to be made between engine noise and exhaust noise because of noise regulations. Not sure if there is truth to that.
Yes lethal performance has a upgrade for 120 dollars from fosters
51957A19-EB7B-4ED0-B849-AB3588AD778C.png

Sponsored

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP

When you go to track mode and floor it u can here the supercharger whine btw

OP
OP
DocGT

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Im pretty sure I have the loudest S/C thus far, the 1320Junkie port and 1320 WD152 Intake do wonders, not only the fastest on the road, but the whine is intoxicating
Thank you. New to all of this.
Does this void the warranty?

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Not everything voids the warranty whatever part u install it would have to have a direct impact on something going wrong and even then it’s up to your dealer ford only gets called in if the dealer can’t determine the cause
That being said this is not a performance part this simply taken the air flow to increase the sound
If you had a complete engine failure before taken to ford pull the parts off if anyone is worried about warranty simple but I have called ford in Michigan and asked about adding performance parts it’s a Shelby made for performance with a racing pedigree they sale performance parts from pulley upgrades to exhaust ect what’s the difference with a different manufacture name it’s still a pulley upgrade lol so my point is when ford is making money to upgrade or modify it’s ok when u buy aftermarket it’s not ok lol the end performance result is the same
In my opinion it’s a Shelby if you don’t want performance buy a gt lol Shelby is a race car with everyday drivability the few bolt on mods I have done wouldn’t cause engine failure opening the restricted exhaust Has ally of benefits from limiting heat soak and engine loading power to better air box and filter for more flow more air more power to down sizing the pulley which spins the blower just a little quicker for more boost if the engine fails due to this it was going to fail period ford is very conservative as all manufacturers are I had a Porsche before this and they are very conservative now if the engine wasn’t made for performance I would understand but the 500 has all race components internally and the small increase isn’t pushing the performance envelope think of like this u take a plan gt 5.0 throw a supercharger that ford installs make 800 hp like Roush have u maxed out the motor to breaking lol if so Roush sure does sale a lot of cars I haven’t heard any blowing up
I like a warranty just like anyone else and can always take my upgrades off but at the end of day it’s a Shelby gt500 made to have fun enjoy and dominate anything out there and that’s just what it did a Sebring last weekend at a track day event 10 to 15 car length lead in backstretch to me that put a nice smile when looking in my rear view and that’s the point of the 500

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
technically, but no ford tech would ever be able to tell its ported, but pretty sure a tune is required.. so 50/50.. you wont get much louder without voiding it, except the 1320 WD152 intake, you should be able to hear the blower a bit more with that, i know i did
Sponsored