GT500 style front bumper on MY2018

carguy231

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Not having that issue, but I'm still getting something fabricated to reduce wind pressure. The GT500 aftermarket bumper is missing something the oem bumper includes.

It creates a few different issues for me.

I can see my hood flexing sometimes and my car sometimes hiccups like it is going to stall when I hit a long light after a "spirited" run. I replaced the plugs, coils and sensor with no change. I'm starting to think the extreme air pressure is messing with the fuel mix and causing the sensor to not handle the extreme range. possible??

I remember seeing someone custom fabricated a plastic 'plate' behind the grill? think it was here.

Regardless of my issues, I LOVE the front-end look and pray for it to be stock on the nex gen 650 ;-)
I was having the stalling problem on cold starts [and the first light or so] before I put the nose on, and nearly 800-miles after the supercharger install. New TB, reflashed, many hours on the phone with LiveLink and Edlebrock tech. Can't figure it out.
Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Not having that issue, but I'm still getting something fabricated to reduce wind pressure. The GT500 aftermarket bumper is missing something the oem bumper includes.

It creates a few different issues for me.

I can see my hood flexing sometimes and my car sometimes hiccups like it is going to stall when I hit a long light after a "spirited" run. I replaced the plugs, coils and sensor with no change. I'm starting to think the extreme air pressure is messing with the fuel mix and causing the sensor to not handle the extreme range. possible??

I remember seeing someone custom fabricated a plastic 'plate' behind the grill? think it was here.

Regardless of my issues, I LOVE the front-end look and pray for it to be stock on the nex gen 650 ;-)
Greeeeaaaat now you are to my list!

This is something I hadn't considered. My concern was that after lowering the car half an inch with a streeda drop I'll be plowing the streets of Toronto. That and burning out the wheel liners due to air pressure.

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
I found out that on the high performance models like the GT500 and Mach 1, the need for the different belly pan and wheel liners is to allow air flow on the brakes, The 777 Performance bumper uses the standard belly pan, so I think I should fabricate covers to fit behind those intakes and block air flow.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I found out that on the high performance models like the GT500 and Mach 1, the need for the different belly pan and wheel liners is to allow air flow on the brakes, The 777 Performance bumper uses the standard belly pan, so I think I should fabricate covers to fit behind those intakes and block air flow.
I'm looking at the IKON bumper since a shop here in the GTA sells them locally. I agree though, whatever body shop I have put the thing on will also need to be capable of fabricating something to significantly reduce the airflow through those cooler vents.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
That's pretty cheap. I would make sure you talk to someone who installed one on their car to give you feedback, fit, finish. I went with a Vicrez GT 500 style for my 19 GT PP1. Looks Great. Don't worry about what the GT500 guys say. Do what you want. If you want to put a huge GT500 Logo on your hood, great, that's your decision. Good Luck
IMG_20210913_193846234.jpg
IMG_20210913_193852874.jpg

Sponsored

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
After an up close and personal with a tire wall in my 2015 - I need to completely rebuild the front end,
I was looking to have a different look on the front. Gt500 bumper, GT350 fenders, Anderson Composites carbon fiber vented hood…

It is predominantly a road registered and driven track car.. I am often hitting the top side of 140+ on the straights and would like to have my car in one piece after a session.

I like the fact the more open center vents allow extra airflow for cooling, but does that cause additional hood flutter at high speeds. the side vents might need blocking or removing fender liners as an option. The car is a PP, so from what I also read, the standard GT belly pan is required..?

I’ve gone through almost every page of the thread, there are good and bad reviews for all suppliers.

Is there a general consensus.? Vicrez, Ikon, MP, i5…..?
Price, fit, quality and robustness..?
Is the aftermarket GT500 front end a cosmetic swap only..?

Thanks for any help or direction.
Dave

Last edited:

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Anyone..?

FiveOh500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I researched this topic quite a bit and set my mind on MP Concepts GT500 front bumper (This build convinced me: https://musclecardna.com/bagged-ford-mustang-gt-s550-diy-build-with-a-perfect-stance.html ) ...is it an ok option to try? I am willing to spend more, because I used some cheap Duraflex junk on one of my previous cars and know how much of a pain it could be to install.
I think MP concepts one is a one sided chin shape vs the other brands so it will sag and just warp over time. the others are like the oem chin where the splash guard goes inside the chin which is double side

Sponsored

TheTxPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 White GT Vert
Just ordered my bumper and hood from I5 both will be painted oxford white. they said around 6 weeks out for both, so maybe 7 weeks before I can pickup locally.

DuctapeGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1
my swap to MP concepts front bumper and rear spoiler is complete.
b4andafter.jpg

kudos to the team who did the paint. it's miraculous. The shop said it's one of the better fitting aftermarket swaps they've seen.
20220512_093656.jpg

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
She looks beautiful man. Watch out for those BC roads LOL those look like factory performance packed wheels? Are you using spacers and had it lowered? Hi

DuctapeGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1
She looks beautiful man. Watch out for those BC roads LOL those look like factory performance packed wheels? Are you using spacers and had it lowered? Hi
Thanks. yes she is pp1 and those are stock wheels. not lowered but i did install 1"hub centric spacers. not sure why, but she seems to hook up better with the spacers.

notwild_2.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
My two cents. Primarily for those with lower ride height.

I have the Ikon Motorsports bumper, which is the exact same thing you get from 777 Performance. Been on my car for a year now. Still looks phenomenal, albeit some minor sagging from the chin spoiler and side winglets. I’m lowered on Steeda progressives… scraping is inevitable, but I take near-excessive precaution when driving. Whether it’s an alternate route into a restaurant parking lot, or a longer distance around the neighborhood to avoid speed bumps. I figure preventative measures will help durability and lengthen the lifespan of this $1,200 piece(s) of plastic. With that being said, I have bashed it a couple times, inflicting minor damage to the underside of the chin. No cracks or bends. Only scuffs and scrapes that aren’t visible unless you’re looking beneath the car. As for the side winglets, they seem to have angled slightly downward over time, almost acting as a “scoop”. However, this problem isn’t visibly obvious and it hasn’t affected clearance.

00F45BD4-BE8E-4CE7-8C5B-338833E0CDA3.jpeg
Sponsored