GT500 style front bumper on MY2018

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Apparently the customer care rep I spoke with about the bumper was in training and did not know how to handle the situation. A Vicrez care manager reached out to me today and set things right. She was extremely professional and courteous and took care of me. After speaking with her she set things right by comping me the cost of bumper repair. The damage was done during shipping from Cali to Florida. After it was all said and done, I was very pleased with how the customer care manager at Vicrez handled the situation and will likely be ordering from them again. Honestly, I could repair it myself but I shouldn’t have had to and she was aware of this. In the meantime I put these inexpensive eBay rocker/splitters on. Most likely going to change them still undecided, I think they look decent especially for the price.
36FD18FB-63D0-4010-853A-D4D9C7AC73DE.jpeg

Yes I know I need to lower her, waiting for Steeda Magneride Springs to come back in stock early October. Also waiting on my tint guy, just hit 700 miles today.

3436D93A-EA8B-4B92-A766-ACED5C6F4AE6.jpeg
Hi. How was the fit of the Vicez GT500 front Bumper? Was the fit OEM?. did you get all hardware nesasary for the install. How about the fron ACC sensor. did you have to move it over some? I am ready to buy a GT500 front Bumper and wanted to get people who have installed them input. Thank you for your help. Doug
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
So as I've heard mixed responses as far as ACC compatibility, I'm wondering if it's something to do with the performance pack and how things are laid out.

Would anyone's experience conflict with the following chart?

Ikon GT500 Bumper and ACC CompatibilityPPNo PP
ACCYesNo
No ACCYesYes
Hi. So after the IKON Install front bumper, do you feel you should have went with another company like Vicrez, 777 ETC or do you feel the fit and finish is great. Did you relocate your front ACC?
Thank you

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Test fit looks great! The only thing I would suggest getting the bumper sprayed by itself before adding the trim pieces to it. Makes it easier to paint and less costly.
Hi. So how did the 777 fit and finish? what did you do about the PP1 belly pan. Did you just extend the ACC wires and move over? Did you look at the Vicrez front bumpers?
I apreciate your input for I am about to buy some stuff
Thank you

WaffleMix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Hi. How was the fit of the Vicez GT500 front Bumper? Was the fit OEM?. did you get all hardware nesasary for the install. How about the fron ACC sensor. did you have to move it over some? I am ready to buy a GT500 front Bumper and wanted to get people who have installed them input. Thank you for your help. Doug
Fitment was spot on, came with all the necessary hardware, you have to use your existing hardware as well. I did not have to relocate my ACC sensor and it works perfectly like factory, major plus for me.

Vicrez customer service was pretty good. I should mention that you will need a base belly pan for better installation. For PP it will not line up properly. Depending on who is installing it, you or the shop, there are limited instructions out there, but it’s not hard to figure out. Just YouTube “GT500 bumper” and a few videos will get you in the right track. Overall I am very pleased with my bumper and would not do anything different except spray the insertion tabs with some speed shine so the go in easy.

Also, as a courtesy for my troubles Vicrez sent me a very nice and well built splitter for it. Think it looks decent, even though I am not a fan of splitters on splitters on splitters....and it does provide
protection so I am happy about that.

Before I did anything with the splitter and pony.
F746324E-23D2-4554-842F-A6B99B111A30.jpeg

After I blacked out the pony, realigned the splitter and removed the Vicrez logo.
2173C3EB-E2D3-4DF5-9298-86F5864D0DAE.jpeg

Hope this helps.

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I'm wondering if the ACC/Vicrez bumper compatibility has to do with the Vicrez being polyurethane vs polypropylene. The former might be lighter and easier for the radar to "see" through.

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Fitment was spot on, came with all the necessary hardware, you have to use your existing hardware as well. I did not have to relocate my ACC sensor and it works perfectly like factory, major plus for me.

Vicrez customer service was pretty good. I should mention that you will need a base belly pan for better installation. For PP it will not line up properly. Depending on who is installing it, you or the shop, there are limited instructions out there, but it’s not hard to figure out. Just YouTube “GT500 bumper” and a few videos will get you in the right track. Overall I am very pleased with my bumper and would not do anything different except spray the insertion tabs with some speed shine so the go in easy.

Also, as a courtesy for my troubles Vicrez sent me a very nice and well built splitter for it. Think it looks decent, even though I am not a fan of splitters on splitters on splitters....and it does provide
protection so I am happy about that.

Before I did anything with the splitter and pony.
F746324E-23D2-4554-842F-A6B99B111A30.jpeg

After I blacked out the pony, realigned the splitter and removed the Vicrez logo.
2173C3EB-E2D3-4DF5-9298-86F5864D0DAE.jpeg

Hope this helps.
Glad to hear it worked great. I will order today and pair with my just ordered Cervinis GT500 Hood. I wish I could find custom fenders to go with my new Hood and Bumper before I get them painted, but thats the way it goes. No one right now has front GT350 Vented front fenders.
Thank you for your help
doug

mustangpegasus51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
@spydrhawk26 @WaffleMix any tips or guidelines for centering/lining up the pony in the grille for those that decide to add it or ask their shop to do so?

Still on the fence about whether I'd add it myself; but would definitely be good to know how to do it right!

Last edited:

WaffleMix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
@spydrhawk26 @WaffleMix any tips or guidelines for centering/lining up the pony in the grille for those that decide to add it or ask their shop to do so?

Still on the fence about whether I'd add it myself; but would definitely be good to know how to do it right!
Yes, do it with the bumper off. And I followed Spydrhawk26’s method with zip ties. You can always cut off the zip ties and realign it to center if its not perfectly aligned, which is what I did,. What I also did was align the pony to the center with the pony’s legs and then made sure it was a straight as possible. Also I would recommend cutting a thin foam to the shape of the inside of the pony and gluing the foam piece to the inside of the pony. That way it is more secure to the front grill if you decide to use 3m tape as well. I am planning on doing that soon, just have to head to the hobby store or somewhere and grab a small piece of black foam.

spydrhawk26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, do it with the bumper off. And I followed Spydrhawk26’s method with zip ties. You can always cut off the zip ties and realign it to center if its not perfectly aligned, which is what I did,. What I also did was align the pony to the center with the pony’s legs and then made sure it was a straight as possible. Also I would recommend cutting a thin foam to the shape of the inside of the pony and gluing the foam piece to the inside of the pony. That way it is more secure to the front grill if you decide to use 3m tape as well. I am planning on doing that soon, just have to head to the hobby store or somewhere and grab a small piece of black foam.
What @WaffleMix said

darren13skylark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
Just ordered the Vicrez bumper today! Can’t wait to get it painted and installed. I’ll be installing myself. Just going through some videos on removing factory bumper.

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered the Vicrez bumper today! Can’t wait to get it painted and installed. I’ll be installing myself. Just going through some videos on removing factory bumper.
I will post tomorrow what my body shop says about the vicrez bumper fitment

spydrhawk26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Removing the bumper is fairly easy. The harder part is piecing the new one together without instructions. You'll get it though!

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
Anyone have any information on getting replacement winglet canards? (The things that are on the sides)

I tried e-mailing Ikon, and 777. Ikon told me they only sell replacement lip spoilers. 777 didn't reply lol.

I assume it's the same part on the 18 bumper. I know i5 sells replacements but their bumper is different from IKONs/777 so not sure how that will fit.

I may just bite the bullet and buy some ZL1 addons winglets and make them fit..
Sponsored