Sponsored

GT500 style front bumper on MY2018

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Ikons website seems to not be working. I was hoping to stop in when I take my car for PPF and Ceramic Coating at a shop a few miles away in a couple of weeks.
Sponsored

Canti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Ikons website seems to not be working. I was hoping to stop in when I take my car for PPF and Ceramic Coating at a shop a few miles away in a couple of weeks.
They made a post on their Instagram a couple of days ago saying that for the foreseeable future, they were not doing in-person pickups. You have to get their parts shipped out. I'm guessing that it's because of the COVID-19, but I can't confirm that. You can try giving them a call though. Someone posted their number further back in the thread and were able to get a hold of them that way.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
How does it feel when you drive? Im wondering if not having the hood causes too much air to go into the engine bay with no where to go

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
How does it feel when you drive? Im wondering if not having the hood causes too much air to go into the engine bay with no where to go
After install I drove around for about an hour. I crossed into Mexico and on the Mexican highway got up to 100 with no adverse effects. No hood fluttering etc. Like someone else posted it sits a little lower than the stock front bumper.

Sponsored

Xarlstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt base
Vehicle Showcase
How was quality? I'm worried grill inserts may be a bit chincy? Does the chin spoiler come close to oem quality? I really like the looks of this compared to mp concepts gt350.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How was quality? I'm worried grill inserts may be a bit chincy? Does the chin spoiler come close to oem quality? I really like the looks of this compared to mp concepts gt350.
Like another poster said bumper material is just like oem. The other parts are hard plastics. Hope it holds up well. Will see. I wrapped up my stock bumper cover in the shipping box with the shipping bubble wrap etc in case I need to put it back on. Plus I had PP film put on the stock bumper last year. It’s still in excellent condition.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I'm a little worried about how much air gets in the bottom vents at high speeds. I don't want it to start sagging after the first high speed run. Does it require the PP belly pan?

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm a little worried about how much air gets in the bottom vents at high speeds. I don't want it to start sagging after the first high speed run. Does it require the PP belly pan?
Don’t know if it requires it but I used my PP belly pan and it works fine.

Sponsored

spydrhawk26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, Velocity Blue
Vehicle Showcase
All installed...
MVIMG_20200217_065931~2.jpg
How long did you wait to add the stripe? I just got mine painted and installed and want to finish it off with the rest of my vinyl stripe, but i'm worried about the paint needing to gas out.

spydrhawk26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm waiting on Ikon to replace my center piece because they sent the stamped version to my shop instead of a blank like I asked. I also haven't replaced my stripe yet because of fresh paint, but here are a few shots and one with some photo enhancements of the future changes.
20200321_182202.jpg
20200321_182147.jpg
20200321_190622.png

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
Can the bumper be run without the side air deflectors installed?

Thanks for taking the time to post pictures of it installed!

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Can the bumper be run without the side air deflectors installed?

Thanks for taking the time to post pictures of it installed!
I also want to know. Actually i wrote IKON this morning about that.

spydrhawk26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miguel
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I also want to know. Actually i wrote IKON this morning about that.
I don't doubt it. I didn't do the install but it looks to be a few bolts behind the bumper in the wheel well. Looks easy to pop off and replace the bolts.
Sponsored