Sponsored

GT500 style front bumper on MY2018

Alponcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
It went together quickly and looks very straight. The upper edge looks slightly warped in the photo...I saw that and ran out to the shop to check...thankfully, an optical illusion. Hopefully the install is as straightforward. Any tips?
IMG_1477D.jpeg
Sponsored

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
I've seen a couple of YouTube videos installing a few gt500 bumpers on GTs and the worst part is the pan and the fender well area.
It also gives good detail in removing the bumper and the 18+ bumpers have an extra bolt and clip you have to remove on both sides of the inner of the fender.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
We assembled the bumper, and will install it on the car tomorrow. If we’re happy with it, we’ll drive it to a shop to get painted. Are you all leaving the textured pieces bordering the mesh below the turn signals unpainted? The splitter and winglets are faintly textured as well, but since the material and colors are different in the sunlight, I’m wondering if one or both should be painted to match better.
Hi. The Fog light bezels I had painted Gloss Black. I also had other plastic parts on my exterior of the car removed, prepped and painted Gloss Black. Woozier, their were 22 Exterior Plastic Pieces to be be removed for the Gloss Black Paint. So that was a big move, but I wanted "ALL" of my exterior trim, Rails, Splitter, Back Lid ETC to be the same and flow seamlessly from front to back and for aesthetics. Good Luck

Alponcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
Hi. The Fog light bezels I had painted Gloss Black. I also had other plastic parts on my exterior of the car removed, prepped and painted Gloss Black. Woozier, their were 22 Exterior Plastic Pieces to be be removed for the Gloss Black Paint. So that was a big move, but I wanted "ALL" of my exterior trim, Rails, Splitter, Back Lid ETC to be the same and flow seamlessly from front to back and for aesthetics. Good Luck
Any pictures?

Sponsored

Alponcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
I’m thinking about leaving the mesh grills unpainted. With all the sharp edges and flexing I think paint would eventually start flaking off. What has everyone else done with these?

Alponcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
It bolted up to the car, and fit fairly well. One area that bothers me is the winglets do not fit tightly around the wheel arch, especially noticeable towards the top. I will need to pull them in and secure them somehow. Double sided tape won’t hold. Ideas?

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Can you post a pic. Not sure if you can apply heat to the wingless to give them more of a curve to match the fenderwell arch? Or would a screw/plastic rivet pull it in.

Alponcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of that area, and the bumper is at the paint shop.

Gentle heat will allow me to bend the polypropylene (I tried it on a scrap piece), but the 90 degree angle on the winglet would make that approach tricky and the heat changes the appearance of the surface.

There are two challenges with the screw/plastic rivet. First, I would have to pull the top of the winglet inboard to have enough space behind the vertical surface of the bumper to drill a suitable hole. Second, there is nothing there to which I can directly secure a screw/plastic rivet.

Sponsored

Alponcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
Bumper is still at the paint shop. Here's a photo of the bumper on the car before we removed it. Overall, the fit is pretty good. It's a lower than I thought it would be. The car has the Ford Performance Track Handling Package and 285 30 20 up front, so about an inch of drop. Son will have to be very careful.

IMG_1510.jpeg

Is this how the MP Concepts bumper is supposed to fit on the bottom and wheel wells?

IMG_1529D.jpeg
IMG_1520D.jpeg

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
I see the fenderwell gap, just wonder how noticeable it will be once the wheels are on the front.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Mine is Vicrez as well. It’s really good. Better fit than stock.
Hi. Can you tell me what P/N you Used for the Under belly /splash guard and the LT-RT Wheel well Liners for a 2019 GT Premium With PP1. I just need to make sure I order the right one.
Thank you for your help
Mine is Vicrez as well. It’s really good. Better fit than stock.
Hi. Can you tell me what P/N you Used for the Under belly /splash guard and the LT-RT Wheel well Liners for a 2019 GT Premium With PP1. I just need to make sure I order the right one.
Thank you for your help

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for your help

Thank you for your help
Hi. I forgot to ask, did your front lower bumper splitter allot lower now with the new Vicrez. Mine dropped quite a bit. Thanks Doug

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Bumper is still at the paint shop. Here's a photo of the bumper on the car before we removed it. Overall, the fit is pretty good. It's a lower than I thought it would be. The car has the Ford Performance Track Handling Package and 285 30 20 up front, so about an inch of drop. Son will have to be very careful.

IMG_1510.jpeg

Is this how the MP Concepts bumper is supposed to fit on the bottom and wheel wells?

IMG_1529D.jpeg
IMG_1520D.jpeg
Is this a standard gt not a performance package?
Sponsored