Sponsored

GT500 & Shelby vinyl Letters

Captian_Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 DELIVERED, 2020 GT350, 2005 GT Premium, 2012 Fiesta, 2015 GT Premium, 2017 F150 Lariat,
Does anybody have a good source for vinyl letters for the GT500 on the bumper and the Shelby on the front?

TIA
Ed
Sponsored

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
I just installed the DomedNumbers "SHELBY" and like their product but I got no response when I asked about the "GT500" to match. I heard Zimcraft in Canadia makes the GT500 and SHELBY sets. I wiil order my GT500 from them and hope the Grabber Lime colors match close enough.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Curtis: I don't think DomedLetters makes the "GT 500" for the bumper guard but hope you find another source.

For anyone else, I'll repeat what I found out about the domed versions...a bit higher than average speeds on a social distancing drive caused half of them to fly off.

Mark B. used a tube of 100 percent, clear silicone to attach his and they stick well with that method.

In DL's defense, he is sending me another set and I plan to pick up a toob of dat stuff. :-)

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Curtis: I don't think DomedLetters makes the "GT 500" for the bumper guard but hope you find another source.

For anyone else, I'll repeat what I found out about the domed versions...a bit higher than average speeds on a social distancing drive caused half of them to fly off.

Mark B. used a tube of 100 percent, clear silicone to attach his and they stick well with that method.

In DL's defense, he is sending me another set and I plan to pick up a toob of dat stuff. :-)
KB in the future I would clean and then Alcohol the inserts before all it in, or it could be the textured (Dont have one so guessing still) surface could be the other issue which at that point silcone cant work, or permanent gorilla glue if you dont have plans to remove them.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Thanks, Mike but believe me, after more than a few years applying adhesive vinyl, I'm well aware of the notion that "cleanliness is next to Godliness." <grin>

Mark has the ultimate solution, the silicone in a tube, and it's on my MacLowes list. Still don't have the replacement letters so no rush.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
The splitter is textured plastic and the vinyl and domed letters would not stick after a few passes with my pressure washer. I figured the only solution was to glue them down. I did not want to use a permeant glue like gorilla glue or epoxy in case I wanted to change out the letters for a different color. Ended up using regular silicone glue. Just applied a very thin layer on the back side of each letter and so far, they are holding up well. Not sure how long they will last on there but I have no problem hitting them with my pressure washer although I don't get right on top of them.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
The splitter is textured plastic and the vinyl and domed letters would not stick after a few passes with my pressure washer. I figured the only solution was to glue them down. I did not want to use a permeant glue like gorilla glue or epoxy in case I wanted to change out the letters for a different color. Ended up using regular silicone glue. Just applied a very thin layer on the back side of each letter and so far, they are holding up well. Not sure how long they will last on there but I have no problem hitting them with my pressure washer although I don't get right on top of them.
Seriously Pressure washer? Let me pressure wash your skin and tell me how long your skin will stay on :D

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Like I said, I don't get right on top of them. I keep about three feet away from the letters using my electric 1900 PSI pressure washer with a 15˚ nozzle so it is really not high pressure at all. Of course I get closer when washing the rest of the car. Even washing them with a hose, they were peeling up. KB was just driving down the road and he lost letters. The adhesive on the back of the letters is not meant for textured plastic, that is for sure. I put the same letters on my radiator support which is smooth metal and they stick like a rock with the standard adhesive, no glue needed.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
My Zimcraft vinyl are holding strong. You guys are mentioning textured..... my letters are smooth, You are saying the letters on your splitter are textures, not smooth?

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime, I meant the splitter is textured plastic and the adhesive on the domed letters (they are smooth) I got would not stick well to it. I bet the adhesive on the letters you got from Zimcraft is much better if they stick well.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Splitter Letter.jpg

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime, I meant the splitter is textured plastic and the adhesive on the domed letters (they are smooth) I got would not stick well to it. I bet the adhesive on the letters you got from Zimcraft is much better if they stick well.
Mark, what I am wondering is if you are saying the letters on the splitter itself are textured, and not smooth? My splitter is textured, but each of the letters indented into it are smooth, not textured.

You may be right about there being a better adhesive on the vinyl from Zimcraft.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime, yes the letters on the splitter are smoother than the rest of the splitter but certainly not as smooth as say the paint finish on the car or the radiator support I put the other set I had on. Personally, I think the adhesive on both the Domed letters and the vinyl letters I got from TexxasGT350 is not as good as yours. The stickiness on both seemed weak and I did clean the area well. When I was applying them I thought that there was no way they would stick well but maybe they would. They didn't. So I applied a very thin amount of silicone glue and they are sticking perfectly so far. I am using the domed letters because I like the look of them compared to the flat vinyl ones.
Sponsored