JCor350RHE

JCor350RHE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Shelby Super Snake, 2019 Mclaren 600LT
Depends on what your looking for in a car, ride and performance characteristics, budget, etc. Very different cars!

Challenger is bigger, more trunk space, and a little more directed at strait line performance and cruising. Overall comfy interior and ride quality.. Great for road trips. Just a super muscle cruiser!

Gt500 is more performance oriented. Slightly stiffer/less compliant ride. But still very tolerable and fine as a daily or for road trips (if you opt for comfy seats over recaros) though some love the recaros. The shelby is a more well rounded machine. Fine for crusing but also ready to shred mountain roads or a track at seconds notice!

The big thing here is price point and availability! You are going to get a hellcat well under msrp if you shop around and the higher production #'s will give you greater chances of finding the exact spec and options you are looking for.

Where you will likely pay over MSRP or at the very least MSRP if you shop around and put the work in on GT500. Limited production means you will have to be flexible with your spec and option choices unless you decide to order one. Then you get in on the waiting game!

2 very different cars! You are obviously going to get mustang bias from this forum. Both are great cars. Good luck and congrats on whichever you choose.
Thank you. very good advice.
Sponsored

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
I have both right now (2020 WB Challenger Redeye Sinnamon Stick and Grabber Lime Track Pack 500). Like it's been said before, the Challenger is an easier daily driver but mainly that's because the Track Pack is more of a roadcourse race car. The Challenger has more room, good trunk, and it's quieter inside. It also feels a bit "loose" and the interior looks dated. Love them both.

gt500.jpg

challenger.jpg
Very impressive colors on both cars.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
So what was the final decision?

Last edited:

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
you wont hve a true understanding until you drive the 500. I dont care what car you cross shop, your not gonna find the fun you have in a 500 anywhere close to this pricepoint, and you wont understand the major differences in tradeoffs the rest make you live with

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
you wont hve a true understanding until you drive the 500. I dont care what car you cross shop, your not gonna find the fun you have in a 500 anywhere close to this pricepoint, and you wont understand the major differences in tradeoffs the rest make you live with
Let’s remember that fun, the enjoyment that people get from a car is very much an individual thing. What fills that void for you may not for someone else.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Let’s remember that fun, the enjoyment that people get from a car is very much an individual thing. What fills that void for you may not for someone else.
Now we know. And knowing is 1/2 the battle..........

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I'll go out on a small limb here and say...

First, Steve speaks the gospel every time, no exceptions and secondly,

I respect CL's affection for MOPAR, we're all alike in that regard me thinks. :cool:

OK.. I have no experience watching Toob clips on the subject but based solely on my experience with the 500 compared to that of a good friend's Scat Pack 392, (granted, not a fair comparison,) but the Challenger WB is so much slower both in pure power and the gearbox, now that I have a killer DCT, seems like old school and the performance isn't even in the same league. And, if the launch delay in LC was fixed, (haven't tested it yet...I know..been busy,) then I can't imagine the heavier Challenger would turn a better 60 than the Mustang and if it didn't, my bet is it would be all over by then. Probably a very close race but I think stock, the 500 would win every time.

All that said, I bet that from a dig, from 40, 60 or whatever, I bet the Mustang, either one, will eat the Redeye for lunch despite the forty HP advantage. Thankfully, my next meal doesn't depend upon the outcome of that wager but I'd be curious to see a side by side run if they're out there (and if they are, I bet CL knows perzactly where to find them.) <smile>

Just my old racer instinct talkin' here...

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Thank you very thorough and some very good arguments. didnt think of the ZL1 so that may be another alternative for sure... just don’t think looks as good as GT and Hellcat WB...
I know looks are subjective, but, I'd like to present Exhibit A for re-consideration in regards to the bolded portion in your post quoted above; my new ZL1:

image_50442497.JPG

image_50404865.JPG

That said, I think the GT500 is ever so slightly better looking than the ZL1, but I think both look better than the Chally Hellcat...just one man's opinion!

So like someone earlier asked - did you decide??

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
IIRC, you haven't driven a ZL1, so you can't make that claim in (full) confidence. I haven't driven a GT500, but I can say with confidence that the ZL1 is exceptional in every driving dynamic. (edited to add): I would love to drive my ZL1 back to back with a base GT500 and compare!

Last edited:

Sponsored

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
For the past several months I was shopping for an upgrade to my 19 GT350 checked out and drove the A10 ZL1, and the HC Widebody A8. Within 30-seconds of driving the HC I knew it wasn't the car for me, felt like my truck as compared to my 350, fast but sloppy. GT500 checks ALL the boxes.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
IIRC, you haven't driven a ZL1, so you can't make that claim in (full) confidence. I haven't driven a GT500, but I can say with confidence that the ZL1 is exceptional in every driving dynamic. (edited to add): I would love to drive my ZL1 back to back with a base GT500 and compare!
I dont have to have driven a zl1 to know what a heavy boosted v8 with low rpm redline & traditional automatic paired with horrible road manners feels like.
Conversely, the 500 is in another realm, as described by every single person that has driven it, to include magazine reviewers.

-you-just-wont-get-it- until you drive it
Sponsored