GT500 Oil Pan HV Pump M-6675-M52S

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
Oh, I guess I didn't look close

GT500 Windage Tray.jpg

I'm going to take it to a shop and have them install; just want to make sure they don't need anything
Per the shop manual you should add a bead of rtv sealer across the 4 points where the front cover meets the block and where the rear main seal cover/whatever it’s called meets the block in the back. The windage tray gasket alone might do it, but why take the chance, add a bit of RTV.
Sponsored

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Per the shop manual you should add a bead of rtv sealer across the 4 points where the front cover meets the block and where the rear main seal cover/whatever it’s called meets the block in the back. The windage tray gasket alone might do it, but why take the chance, add a bit of RTV.
Good call

DanielElCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gtcs
It would have driven me crazy if I didn’t change my opg’s in my GT500 oil pump (installed Boundary Black OPG) when I did this mod but I know some feel comfortable not. My Kooks headers were close on the drivers side but ultimately of no concern. The only modification you’ll have to do is extend the wiring for the pan sensor since it’s now on the opposite side. It’s been problem free on street and road course these last 6 months. Oil changes cost more now going from 8 to 11.5 qts.

1611816960440.jpeg

1611817044600.jpeg

1611817126795.jpeg
Have u ever had any oil issues with this pan and pump setup for some reason I keep getting oil coming out of my driver side pcv valve ?but the motor runs fine and does not shoot out white smoke

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Drivers side is the clean air side, is not pcv controlled and usually takes air in. Not to say air flow can’t be reversed especially if you are boosted. I had a clean side upr separator that was tied into the complete catch can setup they make so I never had evidence of oil blow by.

DanielElCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gtcs
Got you, but what I mean is the driver side clean air fitting is shooting out a lot of oil after high load and wot, the motor is built and I was wondering since I’m running the gt500 oil pump and pan it is the reason why it’s shooting it out due to the high flow oil pump? But not sure at what is causing the issue at this point

Sponsored

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
Got you, but what I mean is the driver side clean air fitting is shooting out a lot of oil after high load and wot, the motor is built and I was wondering since I’m running the gt500 oil pump and pan it is the reason why it’s shooting it out due to the high flow oil pump? But not sure at what is causing the issue at this point
The original Gen2 coyote driver side valve cover is known to trap oil. It's been replaced by the current GT350 cover in the parts catalog or you can go with the aluminum GT500 covers.

DanielElCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gtcs
Thanks I’ll look into it the machine shop and I are confused on what it can be since compression test and leak down test passed and car runs great

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
That might be a factors a well as stated above. I ran the GT500 valve covers since I’ve had the GT500 oil pan and pump.
I hear ya saying your motor is built but can’t see any reason a builder would allow more flow to the heads to create that. I don’t believe but have no testing info if pressure is increased at the heads as the channels haven’t changed size. Pressure is gathered at the oil filter location directly after the pump.

DanielElCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gtcs
That might be a factors a well as stated above. I ran the GT500 valve covers since I’ve had the GT500 oil pan and pump.
I hear ya saying your motor is built but can’t see any reason a builder would allow more flow to the heads to create that. I don’t believe but have no testing info if pressure is increased at the heads as the channels haven’t changed size. Pressure is gathered at the oil filter location directly after the pump.
yea it’s pretty odd, I’ve put around 1000 miles on the new motor and I don’t really see it as a ring issue the other guys at the shop running the gt500 pump and pan all have the gt500 valve covers as well
Sponsored