Sponsored

GT500 Oil Pan HV Pump M-6675-M52S

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Just for search results sake, I thought I would start a thread dedicated to swapping the 2020 GT500 Oil pan and HV Pump into the GT's. Mine arrived today and it's a 19lb beast. I'll be doing the install next week so I'll post progress when there's anything exciting. Along with the Pan and OP, I'll also be doing the Steeda Road Race K-member at the same time.

2016 GT w/ LTH Long tube headers. Fitment of the pan might be tight but I have lots of hammers and prybars, lol.

GT5001.jpeg

GT5002.jpeg

GT5003.jpeg

Buffy.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Are you upgrading the oil pump gears ?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Im sure the Predator cylinder heads have different oil restrictors versus gt. Dont forget that.
Assuming the predator heads are the same as the GT 350 , issues typically arise when you use the GT Pump(lower pressure ) with the OEM restrictor(for the GT 350 heads ) since they have a smaller hole /more restriction .

The restrictors in the GT heads have a bigger hole /less restrictions so you won’t get low oil pressure issues with the higher flow pump .

Not sure you can have issues due to “too much flow “ but I did not have issues when I used the high flow GT350 pump with GT heads /restrictors .

OP
OP
Wolvee

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I am not planning on changing the OPG's. ("if he dies, he dies" -Ivan) I'm hoping they are strong enough since they are updated and larger than the previous gen pump gears. I do have a billet sprocket to swap out. if I decide to make stupid numbers with a new long block I will.

I didn't see anything about the restrictors that would push me towards changing them out, Mostly just people questioning the need. Not that I trust marketing but they are sold as "Fits all 5.2L and 5.0L Coyote engines" on the FP website with no disclaimers. The few people I have see and talked to, didn't seem to think they were needed either. Following olaosunt's logic also seems to make sense to me. ..of course I'll be checking oil pressure and the other things I can monitor during initial tuning and the first few track days.

At this point I just want to get the car together and tuned. I don't think I've went on a cruise in over a year.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Is the OPG a cost issue? I mean the pump is sitting right there.... On the restrictors, why don't u call ford Racing just to check to see if there could be a conflict? You would rather just start it and find out? Its a 5 min call.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Back in the day the high volume pumps would pump out all the oil in the pan, unless you were only drag racing.

HV pump= making the returns larger.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
It would have driven me crazy if I didn’t change my opg’s in my GT500 oil pump (installed Boundary Black OPG) when I did this mod but I know some feel comfortable not. My Kooks headers were close on the drivers side but ultimately of no concern. The only modification you’ll have to do is extend the wiring for the pan sensor since it’s now on the opposite side. It’s been problem free on street and road course these last 6 months. Oil changes cost more now going from 8 to 11.5 qts.

1611816960440.jpeg

1611817044600.jpeg

1611817126795.jpeg

Last edited:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Back in the day the high volume pumps would pump out all the oil in the pan, unless you were only drag racing.

HV pump= making the returns larger.
More flow in and of itself isn't a negative if you have more oil to begin with. The new pan has more capacity. The oil still has to go through all the bearings on the way back down, that's what actually creates the oil pressure. If you were only doing the pump I'd question why, but the pump AND the larger pan? Should be just fine.

OP
OP
Wolvee

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I ended up ordering OPG's and they'll be here tomorrow. I really didn't want to but I guess as many people said, it is too big of a risk to take for such a low price.

After finally getting through to Ford Performance, he said there was no substantial negatives to run this pump with GT oil restrictors. He also said The 500 pan/pump was tested/developed on several 5.0 mule motors before making it to production. His advice was also to get the Ford billet oil pump gears. I don't usually like ordering MMR parts but they make good gears so I bought those.

I'm curious to measure the gaps and compare them all.

GT/GT350:
Factory-TBD
Boundery .007 Go/.008 No-Go

GT500:
Factory-TBD
MMR .004 go/.005 No-Go (damaged)
MMR .004 go/.005 No-Go

These gaps will of course decrease with heat.

@80FoxCoupe

Last edited:

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ended up ordering OPG's and they'll be here tomorrow. I really didn't want to but I guess as many people said, it is too big of a risk to take for such a low price.

After finally getting through to Ford Performance, he said there was no substantial negatives to run this pump with GT oil restrictors. He also said The 500 pan/pump was tested/developed on several 5.0 mule motors before making it to production. His advice was also to get the Ford billet oil pump gears. I don't usually like ordering MMR parts but they make good gears so I bought those.

I'm curious to measure the gaps and compare them all.

GT/GT350:
Factory
Boundery

GT500:
Factory
MMR

@80FoxCoupe
The ford billet pump gears won’t wont fit the GT 500 pump .

OP
OP
Wolvee

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The ford billet pump gears won’t wont fit the GT 500 pump .
Maybe he meant to say something else? It was a short conversation.

Last edited:

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Great thread. Looking forward to see the results.

OP
OP
Wolvee

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
My OPG's arrived damaged today so they are sending me a replacement set. That pushes it all out another week. I swear this car is like Christine but instead of killing people it's killing my dreams. lol The car is anti-social and doesn't want to come out of the garage.

OP
OP
Wolvee

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
So far Boundary had the greatest gap at .007 but comparing directly to the MMR's might be Apples to oranges because the boundary's are for Coyote/Voodoo and the MMR's are for the Predator. I'll get the other half of the measurements this week. I'm not sure of the needed specs for each.

These gap will close up with engine heat.
Sponsored