Sponsored

GT500 Oil Change Made Easy (Non Exxon Valdez Style)

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I reached out to @pilotgore about his 3D printed twist on oil funnel, and oil filter guide for out GT500's. If you have not seen his product'd yet, check out his link to his original post.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...paratus-oil-filter-funnel.162885/post-3316642

I am happy to report that the oil filter guide fits like a glove. This is a game changer for doing your own oil changes. With the guide in place, you will almost completely eliminate the Exxon Valdez style spill that usually happens. Check out his thread for information on his product. He is registered as a vendor, so all is good there. Here are the pictures of the test fit on my GT500.

tempImageMGaslK.png

tempImagexvyO2o.png

This tab, and the one in the next photo are designed to help hold the guide in place. One sits against the sheet metal, and the other sits in one of the axle boot nubs (zero concern for axle boot damage).

tempImagehHq7N4.png

tempImageu4fDMO.png

tempImageeGSPQB.png

tempImageT6pvGu.png

tempImage3E328U.jpg

tempImage4HVHcx.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I reached out to @pilotgore about his 3D printed twist on oil funnel, and oil filter guide for out GT500's. If you have not seen his product'd yet, check out his link too his original post.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...paratus-oil-filter-funnel.162885/post-3316642

I am happy to report that the oil filter guide fits like a glove. This is a game changer for doing your own oil changes. With the guide in place, you will almost completely eliminate the Exxon Valdez style spill that usually happens. Check out his thread for information on his product. he is registered as a vendor, so all is good there. Here are the pictures of the test fit on my GT500.

tempImageMGaslK.png

tempImagexvyO2o.png

This tab, and the one in the next photo are designed to help hold the guide in place. One sits against the sheet metal, and the other sits in one of the axle boot nubs (zero concern for axle boot damage).

tempImageu4fDMO.png

tempImageeGSPQB.png

tempImageT6pvGu.png

tempImagehHq7N4.png
Thanks for the shout out, and I appreciate you helping me dial in the twist-on funnel for the 500!

Edit: Several people have asked about price.
The oil filter guide is $53.50 shipped
The twist-to-lock oil funnel and filter guide are $78.50 shipped.
The twist-to-lock oil funnel, filter guide, and caps for both ends of the oil funnel (to keep oil in and dust out in between oil changes) is $93.50 shipped

If you’d like one, shoot me a PM and I’ll add you to the list!

IMG_0291.jpeg

IMG_0290.jpeg

IMG_0289.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the shout out, and I appreciate you helping me dial in the twist-on funnel for the 500!
My pleasure, thanks for inventing these for us to use :thumbsup:

Ppffft, who needs this? How are you supposed to lubricate your undertray if the oil runs right into your drain pan??

Seriously this is really cool.

Wow, innovative and cool!
Definitely a cool idea. The twist on oil funnel is pretty cool too. I look forward to test fitting this as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@Jmeo you have got to STOP posting all these interesting and cool things about GT500!

This vehicle would be around $360.000 with Danish taxes and I only have 2 kidneys I can sell so don't get me too hyped! :crazy:
Lol, I hear testicles are making a rise in the black market.. Most of us have two of those………

But seriously, these are pretty cool, and I think every mustang owner can swing the cost.

Wow, $360,000 is crazy! I hope your are embellishing

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Lol, I hear testicles are making a rise in the black market.. Most of us have two of those………

But seriously, these are pretty cool, and I think every mustang owner can swing the cost.

Wow, $360,000 is crazy! I hope your are embellishing

Well I have the children I need so guess that's the way to go! :crackup:

I wish I were... To make it fast and easy to understand the rules are roughly... When importing a vehicle from outside EU we have to pay 12% of the price including shipping for customs - then 25% import taxes. Afterwards when getting the vehicle licensed and registered in Denmark we have to pay roughly 180% registration taxes of the value of the vehicle... yay! :crazy:

To take it into a perspective... When I bought my brand new 2020 GT last year I bought it from a car dealership in Denmark, so the shipping and customs was handled. I payed roughly $55.000 for the car and $76.000 in registration taxes.

- Lets just say that I'm still sore after what the vehicle administration office did to me :giggle:

Sponsored

Torchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Well this is super cool. How do I get one?