AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Greets all,

There was a post about the car covers, especially the outdoor cover, well since that post is buried and didnt want to dredge up that post, I figured I'd make a new one in case anyone was interested. As I made a mention about a month The outdoor cover was nowhere to be found, so after speaking to ford performance they suggested I contact ford CCR, which I did and asked what was going with the outdoor covers, luckily the woman responded back and told me there was a manufacturing issues with the cover which is why there was a delay, but that she has the new part#'s for the two outdoor covers, 1 for the CFTP wing and the other for the base wing as posted below:

VLR3Z-19A412-F is replaced by VLR3Z-19A412-P (CFTP Wing)
VLR3Z-19A412-A is replaced by VLR3Z-19A412-N (Base wing)

So I got to the dealer which had the lowest price and purchased the "F" version on their site but in the notes wrote as per CCR to order the "P" version which is the replacement. 2 weeks later it arrived but between bad weather and busy with work I didnt get a chance to do anything, but today I had down time and the weather was nice, so here are the pictures. The material is very soft and almost rubber texture, wouldnt surprise me if it did have some rubber in the manufacturing of the cover. It does NOT come with the cable or the lock to tie it down, that is something you have to purchase separately, luckily my 2016 CS cover my wife bought came with the cable and lock which I will end up using for this.

2021-09-27 17.32.28.jpg

2021-09-27 20.13.01.jpg

2021-10-03 13.47.43.jpg

2021-10-03 13.47.15.jpg

2021-10-03 13.46.38.jpg
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Greets all,

There was a post about the car covers, especially the outdoor cover, well since that post is buried and didnt want to dredge up that post, I figured I'd make a new one in case anyone was interested. As I made a mention about a month The outdoor cover was nowhere to be found, so after speaking to ford performance they suggested I contact ford CCR, which I did and asked what was going with the outdoor covers, luckily the woman responded back and told me there was a manufacturing issues with the cover which is why there was a delay, but that she has the new part#'s for the two outdoor covers, 1 for the CFTP wing and the other for the base wing as posted below:

VLR3Z-19A412-F is replaced by VLR3Z-19A412-P (CFTP Wing)
VLR3Z-19A412-A is replaced by VLR3Z-19A412-N (Base wing)

So I got to the dealer which had the lowest price and purchased the "F" version on their site but in the notes wrote as per CCR to order the "P" version which is the replacement. 2 weeks later it arrived but between bad weather and busy with work I didnt get a chance to do anything, but today I had down time and the weather was nice, so here are the pictures. The material is very soft and almost rubber texture, wouldnt surprise me if it did have some rubber in the manufacturing of the cover. It does NOT come with the cable or the lock to tie it down, that is something you have to purchase separately, luckily my 2016 CS cover my wife bought came with the cable and lock which I will end up using for this.

2021-09-27 17.32.28.jpg

2021-09-27 20.13.01.jpg

2021-10-03 13.47.43.jpg

2021-10-03 13.47.15.jpg

2021-10-03 13.46.38.jpg
Great looking and fitting cover. I am sure people with 500 will appreciate this.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
glad you found one. Now put that gem in the garage.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
glad you found one. Now put that gem in the garage.
I dont have a garage (as seen in the pictures), last winter and hopefully this winter it will go into my neighbors garage, hence the need for the outdoor cover in case I cant use her's, and even if I can it still will be protected.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I dont have a garage (as seen in the pictures), last winter and hopefully this winter it will go into my neighbors garage, hence the need for the outdoor cover in case I cant use her's, and even if I can it still will be protected.
Just find a garage, any garage, lol

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
That is a nice a cover but I'll never use one outside again. Mice love the protection they provide. I'd definitely set a couple of traps underneath if you aren't uncovering it at least once a day.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That is a nice a cover but I'll never use one outside again. Mice love the protection they provide. I'd definitely set a couple of traps underneath if you aren't uncovering it at least once a day.
Well the cover is only going to be used in the winter, I have my cover from my '16 CS that I use currently for the fall since my neighbors tree is shedding alot, so to block it from piling up on my vents and then remove it to drive it, when winter hits I'll throw the new cover on if my neighbor doesn't let me use her garage (more than likely she will, she likes the car just as much as I do :D) or if she does I'll still put it on in her garage I wont have any mice to worry about around here, if they were around they'd be in the house not the cold garage.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Well the cover is only going to be used in the winter, I have my cover from my '16 CS that I use currently for the fall since my neighbors tree is shedding alot, so to block it from piling up on my vents and then remove it to drive it, when winter hits I'll throw the new cover on if my neighbor doesn't let me use her garage (more than likely she will, she likes the car just as much as I do :D) or if she does I'll still put it on in her garage I wont have any mice to worry about around here, if they were around they'd be in the house not the cold garage.
They make capsule enclosures that are impervious to weather. Its the car bag or something.......

That cover is really not an ideal long term outdoor storage solution.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
They make capsule enclosures that are impervious to weather. Its the car bag or something.......

That cover is really not an ideal long term outdoor storage solution.
And neither is the ginormous capsule they sell, I looked into that, but this again is a short term. I plan to look for a house next year when they aren't trying to rape buyers and looking for a 3 car garage, but as for the winter the double cover in my driveway or if I can use the garage again will be fine.

And this is what your referring to: https://carcapsule.com/outdoor-carcapsule-boat-capsule/

Sponsored
OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
knock down a wall and park it in the living room !
Sure if I want to live alone :D Or I'd be living in the car. I'll be good, its got to go the dealership as well to fix quite a few things which I was waiting until the cold weather and my service guy keeps my car indoors no matter what, so it will be protected most of the season until Spring in one building or another.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
No, but that looks like it would work. The photo I saw had one of those capsules covered in snow and ice.

The one inwas thinking of was like car bag or something.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)